It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: CNN - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Breaking News: CNN - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON, July 3 (Reuters) - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign this month and will not run for re-election as governor, CNN reported on Friday.

Palin was Republican presidential candidate John McCain's vice presidential running mate in last year's election and rallied the party's conservative base. There has been speculation that she would seek to be the Republican Party's presidential candidate in 2012.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Governor Palin has decided to resign as CEO of Alaska. This move is unusual. She will hold a press conference shortly.

There is a Senatorship opening up in Alaska soon - maybe she will run for that office.

Whatever, I hope she continues in politics. She is an intelligent, accomplished woman, and to lose her talents would be a shame.

www.reuters.com

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Whatever, I hope she continues in politics. She is an intelligent, accomplished woman, and to lose her talents would be a shame.

www.reuters.com

LOL.....ya intelligent enough to think Africa is a country.
Just watched some clips of her press conference. It was dripping in altruistic motives(typical politician) .....either see's getting ready for a run at 2012 or something big is going to come out in the next few days.

Get ready to earn some points....this should be a long one..............

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Connector]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Aint this breaking political news... I mean someone else already brought it up here

And it is just Sarah Palin...its not like it is fringe news of any special significance.
Hate to be a buzz kill just saying that to me personally... I do not find it of any special merit.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
AP has it now

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

There was a Palin impersonator on TNA wrestling recently(Daphne). She got the "Beautiful People" to slop hogs and clean out barnyard stalls to get them ready to be cabinet members or Washington insiders. When they found out it was a hoax they beat the crap out of her.

What was really funny was that the election was already over.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Somebody found some skeletons in old Sarah's closet. I smell scandal brewing on the horizon. To be honest, I never really cared for the woman. I thought she was just a counter-weight to Hilary and her popularity among the "Dems," during the campaigns. In my opinion having her as POTUS would be like watching "Fargo," over and over again. Her accent reminds of Francis McDormands character from the movie . . ."eh." Anyway, lets just wait and see what is in the winds regarding Ms. Palin's premature departure.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Apparently Sarah has Tweeted in the past half hour, saying "It is good", which sorta rules out scandal or sickness. So her naysayers will have to dig elsewhere.

At the end of the 2008 campaign, she was routinely outdrawing the crowds over Obama. She is well respected and will hopefully remain in politics. And, she can speak without a teleprompter.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And yet, why 'resign' now? A year and a half still in her term, and 3 and a half years from the presidental election? Even if she planned on running, she'd have two years after her term to ready herself.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If this resignation was done in preparation of a Presidential run, then she just made a horrible miscalculation. A sitting Governor is in a much better position to run than a Senator or a Governor who abruptly resigned.

I hope there is nothing serious going on in her personal life that had brought her to this but, from a political strategy standpoint, she just made a HUGE mistake.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well when I look at Obama, Biden,Reid, Pelosi, Kennedy, rangel, she seems like a genius and a saint,

No one can possible defend what these people are doing to the country.

How could she have done any WORSE?

Ex

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I personally think she is stepping down , so she can start to
Republican 2012 Presidential contender school.
She has alot to learn and I think the GOP is realizing they are
knee deep in a bucket of *hit without her.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, what I am getting from what she is saying is that the liberal political assassins have made her a lame duck so to speak, because of them having to continuously fight ethics investigations, that has cost the state 2 million dollars.

So what it seems like is that she is going to resign and do whatever it is she wants to do.

We really need a law that makes losers of failed lawsuits pay for the suits. I read something somewhere that Soros had something to do with sending these political assassins out. If the opposition had any cajones they would put these distributing trend from the left front and center.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Well, what I am getting from what she is saying is that the liberal political assassins have made her a lame duck so to speak, because of them having to continuously fight ethics investigations, that has cost the state 2 million dollars.

So what it seems like is that she is going to resign and do whatever it is she wants to do.

We really need a law that makes losers of failed lawsuits pay for the suits. I read something somewhere that Soros had something to do with sending these political assassins out. If the opposition had any cajones they would put these distributing trend from the left front and center.

We really need a law that makes losers of failed lawsuits pay for the suits.

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If she is stepping down to pursue a higher office, I think that is a good thing.

I remember thinking, back during the campaign, how ridiculous it was to have three sitting senators and a sitting govenor dancing around the country, missing time in the Senate/Juneau, missing votes, and so on, hoping that they would get a promotion. That would be like me working at some company, and not showing up to work trying to get a higher position at another company--only, I wouldn't be able to keep my old job for very long. There should be an Amendment saying that sitting politicians can't seek any other office.

Now, the timing may not be the best, but we'll just have to wait and see what the reasoning is I suppose.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Well when I look at Obama, Biden,Reid, Pelosi, Kennedy, rangel, she seems like a genius and a saint,

No one can possible defend what these people are doing to the country.

How could she have done any WORSE?

What was done to this country over the past 8 years was criminal. She could be worse. Especially if she intends to insert her own Faith into the Laws of the Land.

She has no chance of winning the Repub;ican nomination, never mind becoming President. We already had a President who spoke to God on a regular basis. Those talks lead to the deaths of over 3000 Americans and then of thousands of Iraqis.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Especially if she intends to insert her own Faith into the Laws of the Land.

President doesn't do that. It's not possible. All the president does is sign the laws.

She has no chance of winning the Repub;ican nomination, never mind becoming President.

This past year, wasn't there a guy from Illinois who people said had no chance of winning the nomination of the Democrat party? Whatever happened to him?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Well, I happen to agree with her stand on many issues.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

President doesn't do that. It's not possible. All the president does is sign the laws.

No but the President DOES nominate Supreme Court justices and set policy.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

This past year, wasn't there a guy from Illinois who people said had no chance of winning the nomination of the Democrat party? Whatever happened to him?

Him and his cronies are working their hardest to ruin our lives.

Either way a lot can happen in 3 years. If she runs then she runs, if she doesn't run then she doesn't run.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join