Sarah Palin expected to announce she will resign from office within weeks!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

that's fine. No problem. I just don't think she's ready yet.

Hmmmm, maybe she will be ready by 12.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ironic poll taken today, before the Palin news broke:

Who would you prefer as the 2012 Republican candidate for president?
Mitt Romney
54%
Sarah Palin
31%
Bobby Jindal
6%
Haley Barber
2%
Other
7%

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Thanks for your reply, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. What we need, what this country needs is not business as usual. Now we have that with Obama, but we need to go the other direction and not get someone out of the 'status quo' pool.
Our country used to have people elected into office that were farmers, businessmen, "regular" people. We used to have people in office that knew that they worked for us.
Not the elite mind-set we have now. The arrogance in Washington is nauseating.
Unfortunately, the choice is limited.

And right now, the best bet we have is someone like Palin.

I'm afraid it's too late for that.....she's had a taste and likes it. She's already turned to the "otherside". Don't let the "awe shucks" soccer mom facade fool you. She's just as bad as the rest.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Ironic poll taken today, before the Palin news broke:

Who would you prefer as the 2012 Republican candidate for president?
Mitt Romney
54%

I won't say, "I told......"

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

They try to minimize her accomplishments, dirty her family, and tag her with all the character flaws that oh so enamored them to Obama. Hypocrites.

They try to minimize his accomplishments, dirty his family, and tag him with all the character flaws that oh so enamored them to Palin. Hypocrites.

Pretty easy to do eh?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Connector]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is crashing and burning, and it's all her own fault, at this point.

Just saw tape of an interview with Wolf Blitzer...she cannot string words together to save her life.

Current comparisons to Katherine Harris!! Mrs. Palin is blowing it, by resigning mid-term like this. Even Gov Sanford is toughing it out, for gosh sakes! And many in his own Party are calling for his head.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Mitt Romney
54%
Sarah Palin
31%
Bobby Jindal
6%
Haley Barber
2%
Other
7%

Who the heck is Haley Barber???

Alright ... Intrepid said it .... Romney.
Gotta' give this one to him.

I'm SHOCKED by the Jindal 6% figure.
Last I heard he and Crist were 'it' for 2012.

(I think Jindal would be a better pick then Romney ... )

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Originally posted by Connector

They try to minimize his accomplishments, dirty his family, and tag him with all the character flaws that oh so enamored them to Palin. Hypocrites.

Pretty easy to do eh?

Show me where the MSM ever touched Obama's wife or kids. Much less Obama himself. They still idolize them. Obama goes out for booty night on our dime and it makes front page news as 'oh looky, how sweet'...

Haley Barber is a hands-on, competent governor of Mississippi. He handled his state masterfully during Katrina. But who did you hear about? The whiners Nagin and Blanco.

PS: Here's the link for the poll:
Poll

[edit on 3-7-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by walsbg22
Hopefully Huckabee, Romney, or Fred Thompson wins.

Huckabee has a talk show on FOX. He's finished as a politician
(it's an awful show).

Romney .. maybe.

Fred Thompson? He's done.

Jindal and Crist ... yep.

When does the pres need to have good tv shows? Its just a way to make money. Or is it because its fox? Fox is better than msnbc and it doesnt matter what channel he is on.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Thanks for your reply, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. What we need, what this country needs is not business as usual. Now we have that with Obama, but we need to go the other direction and not get someone out of the 'status quo' pool.
Our country used to have people elected into office that were farmers, businessmen, "regular" people. We used to have people in office that knew that they worked for us.
Not the elite mind-set we have now. The arrogance in Washington is nauseating.
Unfortunately, the choice is limited.

And right now, the best bet we have is someone like Palin.

I'm afraid it's too late for that.....she's had a taste and likes it. She's already turned to the "otherside". Don't let the "awe shucks" soccer mom facade fool you. She's just as bad as the rest.

Are you saying we're scewed? I admit the 'darkside' may have influenced her but there has to be someone out there.
Intrepid had a point about Romney but he also fip-flopped on abortion. Now I'm not a one issue guy but even HE's been in the system for a while.

We need a true darkhorse candidate.

There are too many skeletons in my closet
for me to think of running. . .
anyone in ATS-land what to take a stab at it?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sarah Palin almost reminds me of this girl. But Palin is only slightly less of an idiot and that is my opinion.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by walsbg22
When does the pres need to have good tv shows?

He shouldn't have ANY TV show.
The point is that it's boring.
And it's lousy TV.
And there are lots of bad sound bites for the opposition to play with.

Fox is better than msnbc

I agree. The reason I said that he's 'done' because of FOX is that the press will crucify him. He won't have a chance to bring in dems or independents. He will get nailed as a far right wing FOX TV Show personality. I can already hear what they'd say .... and that would make it so he couldn't win.

He may or may not be able to do the job.
But the FOX TV show will kill him during the fierce campaign months.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
reply to post by intrepid

There may indeed be better choices for the GOP out there but we will have to wait and see who runs. Sarah Palin is much smarter then most give her credit for. She at least appears to have common sense a quality sorely lacking in many.

Im sorry but do you Americans really want somebody who thinks the World is 6000 yrs old running your County.Oh hang, on you voted Bush in twice, didn't you.My mistake,never seen so many Mods come out of the woodwork than on this post.C'mon ,Wheres the left leaning Mods or isn't there any?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
But Palin is only slightly less of an idiot and that is my opinion.

I see.....when Obama the Great Cocaine Snorting Messiah who does no wrong says that America has 57 states, you say he just made a mistake but when Palin makes a mistake it is somehow related to intelligence.

Please give me a break with your lame logic.

Here is another ATS thread regarding the Palin breaking news:
Breaking News: CNN - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign

[edit on 7/3/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Perhaps she's preparing for her 2012 come back! I hope so, American politics are so dull, you need a clown to keep everyone awake! Palin plays her role. Let her speak for 10 minutes and you have enough material to satisfy late night TV and the internet as a whole for weeks. She's like a walking punchline, please, oh please Sarah, run in 2012! The world misses you!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Moreonethananyone

Im sorry but do you Americans really want somebody who thinks the World is 6000 yrs old running your County.

Well with that statement...i'm guessing you're anti-religion....or anti-christian.

Some religions believe some things I feel are way out there...but they have the right to believe them.

And believe me...people know that Bush was a mistake...his approval ratings at the end of his Presidency prove that.

The problem is that now Obama isn't doing any better....yet he has a 65 percent approval rating supposedly.

Don't try to say that half the population is idiots....as if you're a genius yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Once Palin announces her run for the Presidency in 2012, her support is going to be astounding! People are hungy for someone who cares about America and wants to see America prosper. Her poll numbers will skyrocket because people realize that Obama is wrong and dangerous and also because Palin is genuine, smart, honest and sexy.

All of this will happen even though the MSM will attempt to discourage people from supporting her. The MSM will do everything in their power to bring her down BUT the people will see through their obvious bias and easily realize the MSM is being disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes

And because it's happened before makes it right and acceptable?

No, it just means that this horrid behavior has been around for far too long and it's time and past it stops.

People need to debate the important issues not the children of the candidate.

If people debated the important issues still, we wouldn't have the president we have now.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Pretty easy to do eh?

Show me where the MSM ever touched Obama's wife or kids. Much less Obama himself. They still idolize them. Obama goes out for booty night on our dime and it makes front page news as 'oh looky, how sweet'...

Just show me where the MSN touched Todd or the other kids that haven't gone on national TV against abstinence then a month late, for it? As for booty night.....your trashing his family right there. Date night is a bad thing for a husband and wife? As for your dime.....I'd rather have him flying to NY once in 6 months then flying to Crawford every other weekend.

Dude.......the extreme right and the extreme left are what is ruining your country. Perhaps being in it....you guys can't the trees from the forest. I can tell you....looking in from the outside, both your extreme sides appear foolish/hatefully and ignorant and are preventing anything from moving forward. Ahhhhh, but back to topic....

IMHO this is a bad tactical decision for Palin.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Who thinks Sarah Palin has a chance at presidency? I mean really, does anybody think that?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by stevedel0]

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join