It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin expected to announce she will resign from office within weeks!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1 - She isn't going to be POTUS.

2 - She isn't qualified to be POTUS.

3 - This was a MAJOR mistake for her career.

4 - She should have finished the term she was elected to.

5 - The Republican party has moved on from her. Jindal and Crist are the front runners ... not her. None of the 'biggies' are supporting her.

Obama spent a few months as state senator, before that he was a community organizer for ACORN.

And SHE isn't qualified?

Give me a break.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by whaaa

To me they are both in the entertainment business. And they deserve anything they get. They know the risks.

And this is why people continued to get screwed by our government...because they vote on how a person looks and speaks...not what they believe or what they stand for.

You stated the very thing that is wrong. Politicians are not celebrities...nor should they be treated that way. A celebrity does nothing that dictates laws or how we have to live our lives personally...politicians do.

Unfortunately, that's the prob nowadays.....you HAVE to be a celeb in order to get noticed/media attention and therefore elected. And if your already a celeb....even better i'e. Regan/Bono/Arnie/Franken. Your political team will bring you upto speed on the talking points, you just go out there and celebrisize....press the flesh

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
that doesn't justify the attacks on her children

You are right. The children should never be attacked. The parents can be exposed for not taking care of the children ... but the children themselves should never be hit up by the media or people discussing politics.

Originally posted by kosmicjack
except for Jindal and Crist...

Frontrunners at the moment ... not necessarily who will be the nominees.

I was just marveling at four pages on such a hot-button political topic and no FF.

Just getting stuff done IRL ... cleaning out the garage ... cooking spaghetti .... planning what to do tomorrow (we decided to go into Philly to Penns Landing for the all you can eat ice cream festival and then probably to to the fireworks IF we can get a spot on the Ben Franklin ... it's always so very crowded)

Ahhhh .. 4th of July in Philly ... it's so darn red, white and blue .. you can't help but be a proud American no matter what is going on.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Crap! I hope she doesn't win nomination because the dems mights get it again. Hopefully Huckabee, Romney, or Fred Thompson wins. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be Palin vs Obama and a third party or independent will win.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Of course the vile comments from the Left not withstanding (Party of peace my butt), she represents a conservative view we need to get back..

Semper

Um, have you been reading these boards lately? where have you been? pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Obama spent a few months as state senator, before that he was a community organizer for ACORN. And SHE isn't qualified? Give me a break.

Mike, Mike, Mike ... Sarah Palin isn't qualified. She's MORE qualified then Obama, but she's still not qualified. At no point did I ever say Obama was qualified. Being a 'community organizer' and running around with nafarious under world people doesn't make someone qualified. Not at all.

She needed to finish her term in office. She needed to win reelection in 2010. Then she needed to finish that term. All the while showing that she could handle that work load and have a family of 5 children with hubby helping out at home. Only at that point she'd have enough executive experience to better say "I'm qualified'. (and only by showing that her family didn't go to pot during that time would she be able to keep her conservative base).

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Wasn't directing any comments to you personally, David! How could I? I don't know you.

Sorry if your personal situation seemed to be under attack, it wasn't. In fact, I was really attacking the Political Machine that chewed on everyone, not the circumstances of the Palin daughter...that really was their private business, UNTIL it was touted as a "family value" in a rather elitist attempt....only to blow up on them, that's all.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Are you reading the thread?

It is also of note that it is the Liberals that constantly attempt to portray a policy of peace and understanding that are attacking this time. Heck us Conservative will usually tell you we are disgusting..

At least we are honest about it..

Apparently not..

Semper

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks for your reply, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. What we need, what this country needs is not business as usual. Now we have that with Obama, but we need to go the other direction and not get someone out of the 'status quo' pool.
Our country used to have people elected into office that were farmers, businessmen, "regular" people. We used to have people in office that knew that they worked for us.
Not the elite mind-set we have now. The arrogance in Washington is nauseating.
Unfortunately, the choice is limited.

And right now, the best bet we have is someone like Palin.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Anybody watching MSDNC MSNBC? They are crucifying Palin. The only reason I have them on is because the trashing is so bad that it is being reported by the talk radio stations.

Apparently, Sarah "tweeted" in the past hour on Twitter, and said "It is good", which sorta rules out scandal or sickness, so that is encouraging.

Whatever she does, I hope she makes billions. She has the opportunity now to do some kind of media work and return the 'favors' that the MSM has done for her..

Maybe she can partner with Rush!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
CNN is announcing that Sarah Palin is expected to announce that she will resign within weeks. Is this the first step towards a bid for the White House in 2012? The news conference is still in progress, so details are hazy at this time. Thoughts?

Edit do to change in events.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

If she is president I am officially moving to Canada............At least they could trick us with a smart politician .......but no we get the Soccer Mom..

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Maybe it's because something bad is about to come out about her and some shady things she has done via her power in office......so she is getting out now and using some other excuse as to try to sidestep the media onslaught...........

Nice try Nailin..

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

needs is not business as usual.

Exactly,
two lines

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Anybody watching MSDNC MSNBC? They are crucifying Palin.

Are they really?

I can't watch that.

They will really do a hit job on her now cause they are afraid she will run in 12

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Maybe it's because something bad is about to come out about her and some shady things she has done via her power in office......so she is getting out now and using some other excuse as to try to sidestep the media onslaught...........

Nice try Nailin..

Yeah, maybe she won't release her birth record
or maybe she hid her college transcripts
maybe she's gone back on her political promises
or maybe she got caught bowing to a Saudi Prince
or maybe someone in her administration cheated on their taxes

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

You are so right, Mike...and that is what scares the liberals and the Republicans that attempt to discredit Palin.

They try to minimize her accomplishments, dirty her family, and tag her with all the character flaws that oh so enamored them to Obama. Hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
CNN is announcing that Sarah Palin is expected to announce that she will resign within weeks. Is this the first step towards a bid for the White House in 2012? The news conference is still in progress, so details are hazy at this time. Thoughts?

Edit do to change in events.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

If she is president I am officially moving to Canada............At least they could trick us with a smart politician .......but no we get the Soccer Mom..

What have you got against soccer moms?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by walsbg22
Hopefully Huckabee, Romney, or Fred Thompson wins.

Huckabee has a talk show on FOX. He's finished as a politician
(it's an awful show).

Romney .. maybe.

Fred Thompson? He's done.

Jindal and Crist ... yep.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by walsbg22
Hopefully Huckabee, Romney, or Fred Thompson wins.

Huckabee has a talk show on FOX. He's finished as a politician
(it's an awful show).

Romney .. maybe.

Fred Thompson? He's done.

Jindal and Crist ... yep.

I don't like any of them.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Anybody watching MSDNC MSNBC?

OMG no. JSO .. please ... I just ate dinner!

Originally posted by mikerussellus
I'm going to have to disagree with you.

that's fine. No problem. I just don't think she's ready yet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join