It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin expected to announce she will resign from office within weeks!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

A tweeny called a dog? That's hard on an adolecent. At least Palin's daughter is an adult. I'm not excusing any of this but let's be clear, this crap happens on both side. Taking offense at one while ignoring the rest is partisan at best and ignorant at worst.

Of course it's not ok!!!

Just because it happened to one doesn't make it ok to do it to another!

If you want to criticize someone...criticize their political stance. Politicians should not be treated as CELEBRITIES!!!

This is what is wrong with the entire political system...and many of us have been guilty of it at one time or another.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I don't think anyone, at least anyone rational, is denying that hate sits on both sides of the fence.. But how does that justify it?

However this particular situation was extraordinarily putrid and unconscionable...

It is also of note that it is the Liberals that constantly attempt to portray a policy of peace and understanding that are attacking this time. Heck us Conservative will usually tell you we are disgusting..

At least we are honest about it..

Semper

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I agree. That's all the more reason why I don't believe her official reason for stepping down. This woman is more popular than any other female politician we have seen in a while in the US. Granted, not all popularity is positive. She can't seriously expect that a resignation will remove her from the spotlight. Palin would have to become a hermit before the media leaves her alone.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I"m neither Conservative nor Liberal; I belong to neither party so I have no left or right agenda.

I am however, completly disgusted by the continuing attacks on children and I don't really care whose kids they are. Attacks have come from both sides and quite honestly need to stop. The only thing attacking children does is discredit the attacker.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176If you want to criticize someone...criticize their political stance. Politicians should not be treated as CELEBRITIES!!!

Anyone that steps out into the Media spotlight IS a celebrity. That is one of the reason some people chose, sports, entertainment and others chose politics.

To me they are both in the entertainment business. And they deserve anything they get. They know the risks.

Look what happened to MJ. He deserved it and so do politicians.

If you can't run with the big dogs; stay on the porch!

[edit on 3-7-2009 by whaaa]

link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by whaaa

I'm sorry..

I must have missed the vile attacks on his children that Gov. Palin has had to endure..

Could you possibly send a link prior to calling hypocrite?

Thanks

Semper

True, I have never seen anyone get so mistreated.

What they did to her will come back to them three fold.

link   
reply to post by emac01

Palin would have to become a hermit before the media leaves her alone.

I don't agree.

Just has to die like Michael Jackson. Then we can all talk about how she was just misunderstood.

Typical of the American public....tear people apart for their own satisfaction.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
It is also of note that it is the Liberals that constantly attempt to portray a policy of peace and understanding that are attacking this time. Heck us Conservative will usually tell you we are disgusting..

At least we are honest about it..

Semper

"This time". :shk: Whether you're honest about it or not doesn't make it right. It's NOT right. I would at least hope that this crap wasn't on ATS but it is and YOU'RE BOTH GUILTY. Why don't we collectively grow up and use standards of civility as opposed to mimicing the MSM?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

semper, intrepid you both have valid points.

BUT...did not the Palin family and/or the McCain campaign trot out her (then 17 year old) daughter? I can't remember, any more, the sequence of events, but it seems there was a (shameless?) exhibition of the girl, and the 'abstinence' issue, which of course backfired.

Certainly, it was vile and low to continue beating that dead horse...turns out it was unnecessary as well, but that's 20/20 hindsight.

The actions of Rush Limbaugh re: Chelsea Clinton, however? Very different, and more disgusting, but really point to his individual (lack of)character more than to any one party. Gaffes like that occur from both sides...and are not excusable, but at least some people have the fortitude to apologize after the fact, and I don't believe that's the case with Limbaugh.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

To me they are both in the entertainment business. And they deserve anything they get. They know the risks.

And this is why people continued to get screwed by our government...because they vote on how a person looks and speaks...not what they believe or what they stand for.

You stated the very thing that is wrong. Politicians are not celebrities...nor should they be treated that way. A celebrity does nothing that dictates laws or how we have to live our lives personally...politicians do.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

So we can start slamming Obamas kids now?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Why? What purpose would that serve?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

BUT...did not the Palin family and/or the McCain campaign trot out her (then 17 year old) daughter? I can't remember, any more, the sequence of events, but it seems there was a (shameless?) exhibition of the girl, and the 'abstinence' issue, which of course backfired.

Did you not make any mistakes when you were 17?

I did...my mother had me when she was 16...my father was 18...and i'm pretty sure my grandparents told her NOT to get knocked upd...they were probably embarrassed...as ALL PARENTS WOULD BE.

But they stand by them...as they should....because it's their kids.

But by some of the standards people have here...I guess that makes my mother a whore too right?

Grow some morals people.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
1 - She isn't going to be POTUS.

2 - She isn't qualified to be POTUS.

3 - This was a MAJOR mistake for her career.

4 - She should have finished the term she was elected to.

5 - The Republican party has moved on from her. Jindal and Crist are the front runners ... not her. None of the 'biggies' are supporting her.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

1 - She isn't going to be POTUS.
2 - She isn't qualified to be POTUS.

I agree....but that doesn't justify the attacks on her children...it never will. I dislike Obama with a passion...but I would never...EVER...insult his children...he is a father...and with that...ALL should know that is wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
After being dragged through the mud relentlessly what else could possibly come up. I think she has an advantage now. There will be nothing left for attacks against her if she did run in 2012, nothing new anyway. On the other hand her currently unknown opponents may have some skeletons in their closets.

All the talk about the Clintons I think is somewhat irrelevant. What you have to ask yourself is why the media went after her, guns a blazing, and yet Obama simply swaggered into office unmolested.

With all of the posts on this site alone, regarding the unanswered questions and secrecy surrounding Obama, the question should be where the heck was the media then? I know, in Alaska digging through the snow for dirt on a guaranteed losing VP candidate, while the guaranteed winning Presidential candidate was travelling the country appearing before the swooning crowds of his fanatics err fans err democrats.

By the way who is Joe Biden???

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Why? What purpose would that serve?

My point exactly! It would serve no point, but it points to the hypocracy of the left in this country. Obama trots his kids out. They are untouchable. Palin trots her kids out and it is a slam-fest.

Like those on the left, when you can't argue the points, go for the jugular.

And if there IS a better choice than Palin, please bring him/her out. I don't know of anyone else who could bring me back to the republican party, other than Palin.

And if there are those that don't like Palin then argue the politics, not her hair or choice of clothes.

-sheesh-

Do you realise how embarrasing you make yourselves out to be?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ah, the voice of reason... Agreed on all points. Well, except for Jindal and Crist...

I was just marveling at four pages on such a hot-button political topic and no FF. Then, as if on que...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

No.

No one should be slamming anyone's children on this thread, nor is anyone advocating that.

On topic... Palin may have been the GOP sweetheart earlier, but she has quite a few hurdles to clear in order to even be considered presidential material. Personally, I don't see it happening.

The GOP has a field of far stronger candidates from which to choose. I'd be surprised, nay, shocked if they decided to make her a front runner for the White House. The Senate, perhaps...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Here's another question I have. Did she intentionally snub the National News Media by keeping this quiet until the last minute? Only a fool would think this is only a local story, but only local news outlets were present. My guess would be a BIG FAT YES!

Yeah, how dare she snub the MSM? After all, they have been so fair and kind to her, eh?

Gimme a break...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join