It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin expected to announce she will resign from office within weeks!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
I'm sure her stated reason for resignation is pretty accurate. The attacks on her and her family have continued unabated. The national press has been and continues to be cruel with the attacks on her family. I don't really care if the politician is attacked but for heavens sake leave her kids out of it.

Then don't go around the nation making speeches and stumping for the GOP. She is a governor.......go home and govern. She chooses when to be in the spotlight herself. And as for "leave the kids out of it", the only one that has been the rebuttal of jokes is her oldest daughter who also choose to go into the national spotlight. I haven't heard anyone making jokes about Todd because he keeps his head low. When's the last time the media had anything to say about McCain????? It's because he isn't a media whore.....Sarah loves the spotlight and thus is embedded is the current national lexicon.

If she had just gone back to govern Alaska after the election......the media would have moved on by now.....

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Palin has been vilified by both sides of the political aisle, including her own party. Let's not forget she was a convenient scapegoat for the failure of the McCain campaign by many within the GOP and McCain's own camp.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Governor palin chose to put HER children in the limelight knowing full well how brutal and ugly politics can be and often are. She made that informed choice freely and now has no one to cry to. Sorry.

Yes, she knew how brutal and ugly politics can be and often are. But I can not remember ever - politician's children being treated like this. I seriously doubt she foresaw the nastiness that would happen over her children. The way she has been treated...well, there is nothing and no one to compare it to.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
He says that she has been so harassed in her office since she ran with McCain that she simply can't govern effectively. She can't continue to answer all the false claims made against her.

Well I just lost everything I typed so this reply may be a little old but in general it went;

And this will make her qualified to hold a national office when she can't stand ridicule?

Let's assume that she becomes president in 2012 and Iran and N. Korea start saber rattling. Explain how she will respond to a global crisis when she can't do the job as governor because people are saying bad things about her.

News Flash: When you put your name on the ballot your life becomes an open book. There will always be just as many people trying to tear you down as there is trying to build you up. It's called politics and it ain't pretty.

I'm sure Obama spends many sleepless nights fearing the day his Kenyan birth certificate shows up at Bill Ayers' house.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Governor Palin chose to put HER children in the limelight knowing full well how brutal and ugly politics can be and often are. She made that informed choice freely and now has no one to cry to. Sorry.

BS. No one else's family in politics have been beaten like hers...and you know it.

What if you ran for office? Would it be fair to have family members beaten into the ground publicly because you thought that you could help make the world a better place...which any person in politics SHOULD be for?

It's just hate...that's all it is....the media promotes it...and people should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Governor Palin chose to put HER children in the limelight knowing full well how brutal and ugly politics can be and often are. She made that informed choice freely and now has no one to cry to. Sorry.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

Interesting. So you'd see it as fair game to start making rumors and jokes demeaning Obama's children, right?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

That is total Bull.....

Just because she has children and runs for office does NOT give the vile, insulting segment of the population permission to attack innocent children..

That is exactly what is wrong with politics and the general population these days..

While most of us see it for what it is, a lack of ability to properly debate, or lack of intellectual maturity, it is still vile and disgusting and I would hope the people that do such things eventually have to pay for their indiscretions..

Semper

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This lady has been openly attacked by both sides her daughter mocked and laughed at. You think this is acceptable? Her child had nothing to do with how she would do the job; yet that was a major focus.

Maybe she does like the spotlight but that is still no excuse for attacking a teenage girl; those that do should be ashamed. Sadly they aren't.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo and David9176

Chelse(sp?) Clinton = fat and ugly and akward
Bush twins = drunks / sluts / out of control

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Connector]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Really.

In what way did Palin put her kids in the limelight that every other politician does.

I've never seen a politician who didn't include his family members in some aspects of his campaign.

Is is typical for politician's kids to be fair game for the most vicious kinds of attacks imaginable?

I do remember that some members of the media had some rather unkind things to say about Chelsea Clinton early on, but all it took was a warning from the Clintons and that stopped.

It is absolutely irresponsible to blame Palin for these attacks.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I think that the severity of it this time was because the American people are sick and tired of hypocrisy. The elitist "do as I say, not as I do" crap that keeps spewing from Washington with all of the morality plays going on.

Her daughter was taught abstinance. Her daughter ignored abstinance. I personally don't care, but the media felt it showed a critical failure in the "abstinance only" mindset and a hypocritical aspect that the Palin family just left it out there.

Insomuch as her running for president -- let her run. I think we should all have recognized by now that it doesn't matter who is in office. Either party and any person is the same. Noone has ever made a real differance in Washington (and lived to tell about it). The American political system is a total sham and doesn't do anything except help the rich get richer and the news get more ratings.

link   
reply to post by zlots331

And this will make her qualified to hold a national office when she can't stand ridicule?

Could you?

If someone walked up to on the street and said many of the things said about her to you...could you take it?

You'd want to punch them in the face...regardless if it was your fault...i know I would.

Maybe people can see how vile they are...beating someone into the ground...without care what they do to them....forgetting that they are still HUMAN BEINGS.....who feel....who suffer.....who care.

I defend her not because I want her to be President....I defend her because she's a parent...a mother....who has watched her family be dragged into the mud....she's been called a whore...even her daughters have been....it's been vile and utterly disgusting.

If I were for some reason run for office....if anyone spoke bad about my family...I guarantee I'd go after those who attacked them.

Everyone acts as if she gets what she deserves....her family didn't deserve the ridicule. Everyone is proud of their family...through the rights and wrongs that they all have....NO FAMILY IS PERFECT...BUT ALL PARENTS ARE PROUD.

link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

umm that negates nothing i said. yes they ALL know the risks. she took it. now she can't bitch. sorry.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

And because it's happened before makes it right and acceptable?

No, it just means that this horrid behavior has been around for far too long and it's time and past it stops.

People need to debate the important issues not the children of the candidate.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Ah! Thanks. I did not see the begining of this - so I had no idea. And you are probably right - birds or goose or something with feathers!

I'm listening to a replay of her speech and I'm pretty sure those are lame ducks making all that noise.

J/k

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
BS. No one else's family in politics have been beaten like hers...and you know it.

That's debatable:

On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, 'Did you know there's a White House dog?' Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who was 13 years old at the time and as far as I know had never done any harm to anyone.

mediamatters.org...

A tweeny called a dog? That's hard on an adolecent. At least Palin's daughter is an adult. I'm not excusing any of this but let's be clear, this crap happens on both side. Taking offense at one while ignoring the rest is partisan at best and ignorant at worst.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

omg. that negates nothing i said. yes they ALL know the risks. she took it. now she can't bitch. sorry.

You aren't human....you're just a hateful SOB...I bet you have no children either do you?

I hope that someday you deal with the same thing...and I hope it's thrown upon you and you suffer.

Go to hell...

I don't care mods....hit me with a penalty...he deserves it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Vile comment from the left here...

This makes her even less marketable for 2012 - either she couldn't hack the pressure or she couldn't finish the job, neither very attractive qualities for a Presidential candidate.

So I say thank you Sarah Palin, for saving us all a whole lot of drama down the road.

Now, if we can just get past the possibility that she may become some sort of defacto rebel GOP Ice Queen from the North, I'll rest much easier.

That or she's one of Gov. Sanford's other "indiscretions"...

link   
I have been a member of ATS for a while, but rarely post. When I read about Governor Palin's decision I immediately came to ATS thinking that someone would have posted some information regarding her resignation. Instead page 1 includes nothing but utter hatred for the woman, with the following page calming things down a bit. Typical banter, but not on topic, does anyone have any links or sources with information about her resignation?

I find it hard to believe that she resigned for the reason she gave. Something must have come up. I'm thinking either an opportunity for her elsewhere or else a scandal. Does anyone know- has stepping down ever kept a scandal from being made public? I know in the movies it's always the same: "if you don't resign I'll go public," but does that actually happen?

link   
Actually, this is a smart move. She has the next couple of years to redeem her public image, and she'll cause less trouble politically because she will not be directly influencing public policy. It's a win-win situation for her. She can't screw up politically, because she's no longer in office and she gets to remain in the political spotlight. Her image may be tarnished a bit, but she has plenty of ti me to clean it up to a pretty shine.

The downside: She'll be considered a political socialite/darling, as opposed to a heavy-weight political contender.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join