It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin expected to announce she will resign from office within weeks!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
its sorta funny to read all the bickering from left/right, supporters/haters.

i didn't vote for Palin/McCain, or Obama for that matter (i am a proud libertarian).

The only thing about her leaving office that makes me happy is hopefully i won't have to ever hear "do you know Sarah Palin" or "haha all people from Alaska are retarded like Palin"

i never thought i would miss the days when i was basically asked one question from people outside the state... "do you see polar bears?" haha, to think i use to find that question annoying, ooh how times have changed.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I can imagine that all this attention has been kinda tough on those from Alaska. No state should be judged by just one of it's citizens, even if that person is it's Governor. It in no way should reflect on the entire population of the state.

By the way, do you ever see any Moose? (Sorry, couldn't help myself!)

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Actually, this is a smart move. She has the next couple of years to redeem her public image, and she'll cause less trouble politically because she will not be directly influencing public policy. It's a win-win situation for her. She can't screw up politically, because she's no longer in office and she gets to remain in the political spotlight. Her image may be tarnished a bit, but she has plenty of ti me to clean it up to a pretty shine.

The downside: She'll be considered a political socialite/darling, as opposed to a heavy-weight political contender.

Indeed, don't forget Obama wasn't exactly considered a heavy-weight himself, in fact people prior to him running for the white house remarked he was a complete amateur, been a senator for less than a heartbeat, not wise enough, too snake oil-like.

Well he's the president now and if an 'amateur' like him can make it. Then it's all to play for on whether Palin can make it or not.

If you listen to 0:50 onwards you'll hear her give indications as to why she is resigning too:

news.bbc.co.uk...

I am reminded of a similar event that took place with David Davis of the Tory party resigning on the encroaching ways of the state over the individual:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

A woman like Palin should be a beacon and a role model to young girls and women everywhere, but she is so antithetical to the left's model womanhood that her political viability has been shattered.
[edit on 2009/7/3 by GradyPhilpott]

First of all, I am a woman and she is so NOT role model material. I would never expect my daughter to look up to someone like her. She was more concerned about her political career than taking care of her pregnant teenage daughter and her special needs baby. Instead she dragged them out in front of crowds and around the country.

What is it about her, specifically, that makes her a role model?

Second, I truly hope she doesn't run for office. I hope for a day when a woman will run this country and show what it is that is special about women that makes them great leaders. She is NOT that woman. She will ruin it for all of us women.

Aside from all of that, she is now resigning? So far we don't know why but what about those that people voted for her? It would be one thing if they were asking her to step down and resign but she is just throwing in the towel and slapping her supporters in the face. Most likely because she has bigger fish to fry and being the Governor of Alaska is now small pickles to her. It's truly disgusting.

She's essentially showing how disloyal she is to voters. It's all about her.

Third, I find it funny the blind support people give her when no one knew squat about her before this past election and cry about the mistreatment she has been given.

Gosh, that sounds really familiar. Let me think of where I've heard all that before....

Oh yeah! These are the very same people that rag on Obama supporters for knowing nothing about him until the primaries and give blind support to and cry about any mistreatment he is given.

You are all on the different sides of the same coin and I find it odd that when you speak of Palin in such ways you don't see the utter hypocrisy.

(fyi...I'm not an Obama supporter)

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Perhaps this may be a likely reason for the sudden resignation....

thinkprogress.org...

Well what a surprise, a politician using their position to enrich themselves and award contracts to favoured companies for backhanders.

Having had such close ties to the McCain camapign, I can see this getting swept under the rug though in a quiet damage limitation exercise.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Nice find. More than likely some Liberal hate group trying to besmirch her holy name.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

She handled Big Oil tough. She made it better for you and all Alaskans, financially and environmentally.

She was a better leader than anyone in the Dem party for the last 30 years.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thank god Sarah Palin resigned... I was getting sick of hearing about Michael Jackson... still its not much of a choice...

... brain dead politician vs. dead pop star.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Perhaps this may be a likely reason for the sudden resignation....

thinkprogress.org...

Well what a surprise, a politician using their position to enrich themselves and award contracts to favoured companies for backhanders.

Having had such close ties to the McCain camapign, I can see this getting swept under the rug though in a quiet damage limitation exercise.

This was brought up, and debunked, last October.

You'll have to keep turning rocks over..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
She was more concerned about her political career than taking care of her pregnant teenage daughter and her special needs baby. Instead she dragged them out in front of crowds and around the country.

It's always the mothers fault, eh?

You do know that there are two parents in that household, right?

The husband can (and is) taking care of the family also.

Women are capable of having careers AND a family, especially when the husband steps up and takes a major roll in raising the children.

What exactly is she supposed to do to 'take care' of her pregnant 17 year old daughter? (the daughter is now 18 - an adult - and the baby is born). Is she supposed to sit next to her every minute of every hour to the exclusion of all else? What exactly is it that you expect Govenor Palin to do with that that would exclude her from going to work each day.

Just because the baby has 'special needs' doesnt' mean that the child needs to be locked away in a closet. The baby is perfectly capable of being with other people and of going places with the family.

ALL politicians have their families with them on stage and at rallies. So why is Govenor Palin wrong for 'dragging them out in front of crowds' but the other politicians who have their families on stage with them aren't??

Hypocrisy and double standard.

The fact that Bristol gave birth to the child instead of murdering the baby before birth shows that she is stepping up to take responsibility for her own actions. She is doing the right thing. She should be applauded.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
With apologies to Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber before hand:

AHEM... in best whiny Sarah Palin voice:

... Well golly... Don't cry for me Alaska... Don't ya know...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
When I found out adults were taunting Trig it took me to a level of disgust equal to that I feel about child molesters.

What in the hell is wrong with these jerks who engage in these things. It pains me to live on the same planet with them.

There are always going to be sickos no matter the politics, subject, anything. Every subject out there has them.

I am currently registered Undeclared but in retaliation I'm going to register Republican in protest. I don't agree with them either, but they have never done anything like the Democrats have stooped too.

If that is what it takes that is quite sad. That is like someone saying they are registering democrat because of Rush Limbaugh. Makes no sense.
Your judging a barrel by a few bad apples.

People alway do this with celebrities. Whacky rumors always come up. By reacting to it, your only empowering them. And you have alredy given them far more energy then they deserve.

I have never even heard these accusations personally.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Mush loosebowels and his cronies made fun of Chelsie Clinton saying she looked like a horse and the like.

Sarah Palin has been treated no better or worse than anyone else who chooses to step into the public spotlight and run for office...

... and if she doesn't have thick enough skin to deal with it then she is absolutely not qualified to be governor or president.

What kind of tissy fits would she throw as president?

Its pathetic... she's not even ready for the not ready for prime time players.

Hell... Tina Fay portraying Sarah Palin was more on the ball than Sarah Palin.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

grover, your support of personal attacks on Sarah Palin's family is revolting, though not surprising.

You point to past bad behavior as justification for current bad behavior.

That is not the way I was raised.

Palin is concerned about the effects on her family. She's not out to prove she is 'tuff enuf'. I, too, would protect my family if I were in the same situation.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

You are wrong.

I was pointing out that while the right cry foul over personal attacks on Palin's family they were all to happy to do it themselves regarding the Clinton's... and others they disagree with...

In short Josbecky I was not defending it... I was pointing out the right's hypocrisy on the matter.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Everybody knows that it happens on both sides. For you to point it out for the millionth time does nothing.

You should be denouncing it, as a senior member. But you won't, because it feels too good to continue it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Edit: Accidental double post... see below.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I have said repeatedly that I dislike such things... and think that they are wrong.

Saying that repeatedly doesn't do anything either.

The thing is that I personally have no interest in what the talking heads on TV have to say... I am interested in the news, not their opinions of it.

As for Palin, while attacks on her family... no her children... since her husband meddled in her job as governor, he is fair game... are indeed wrong... she is a public figure and if you enter into that arena you had better be ready to play hardball or you don't belong there.... Its not pretty but that is how it is.

Plus she herself played politics with her family and there is no denying it. When was the last time you saw a candidate repeatedly dragging an infant onto the stage? It was all for effect as well... she also made an issue of her daughter's pregnancy by citing it as part of her family values...

And her doing that was wrong as well.

No matter what you say she is a little league soft ball player who was chosen by McCain not for her chops but for her looks and her conservatism.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I honestly have never really heard many attacks against her family. As for the daughter, she had a child, she got engaged and ended, and speaks out on television, as far as I am concerned, she was an adult, and now is officially. As for the younger kids, I have never heard a word except the baby is cute, which is he. That and the poor thing was passed around onstage at the convention like a party favor.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by nixie_nox]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join