It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin expected to announce she will resign from office within weeks!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
CNN is announcing that Sarah Palin is expected to announce that she will resign within weeks. Is this the first step towards a bid for the White House in 2012? The news conference is still in progress, so details are hazy at this time. Thoughts?

Edit do to change in events.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
sarah palin is a complete joke of a politician, she make a fool of herself, as usual if she runs for any office. The media loves her cuz she's so effing stupid and easy to make fun of. If the republicans really want to continue to exist as a party maybe they should consider putting up some people that actually have some substance and some good ideas....seems like a no brainer to me, but then, I'm waaay smarter than every republican ever so.....

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think she should drop out of politics completely.

Since she was chosen by McCain as his running mate, she has been unfairly savaged in so many ways that it ought to be criminal.

A woman like Palin should be a beacon and a role model to young girls and women everywhere, but she is so antithetical to the left's model womanhood that her political viability has been shattered.

I'm not saying that she has no future on the national stage. Only that she doesn't deserve the treatment she has gotten and that she can live a perfectly normal and happy life outside politics.

[edit on 2009/7/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A local reporter is on CNN and attended the news conference. He is quoting her as saying that she can be more effective outside of the government. She did not take questions after the news conference.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Fantastic, just what we need - another lobbyist.

I can't imagine what else would mean 'more effective'.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The only rational behind a decision to not seek re-election could be two fold.

1) It would give her more time to flit around the "lower 48" and keep her face in the news unencumbered by the demands of her present job, which she doesn't really seem to be too interested in lately anyway.

2) Her approval rating has been slipping since her national exposure took place and if she were to actually lose re-election it could be pretty devastating to her national image.

Either way, I doubt she will go away quietly.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

don't care. she's a polarizing force with a very small minority of even her own "party" behind her.

why would she resign from office though? isn't she contractually obligated or something to the people who voted for her? and the election is still like 3.5 years away. give me a break. i'd have more respect for her if she resigned to take better care of her clearly out of control family. haha.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Jaxon, I think I caught your original headline, about not running for re-election....NOW it's step down before her term expires???

Whaaaaaa?

Well, then...isn't thaaaaaat special!! Who's Lt. Gov, and when's the next election? November 2010?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

There is currently a growing community of us that supports her running for the Whitehouse in 2012...

Of course the vile comments from the Left not withstanding (Party of peace my butt), she represents a conservative view we need to get back..

Semper

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here's a snippet from an Alaskan TV station:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Gov. Sarah Palin will resign her office in a few weeks, she said during a news conference at her Wasilla home Friday morning.

Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell will be inaugurated at the Governor's Picnic at Pioneer Park in Fairbanks on Saturday, July 25, Palin said.

There was no immediate word as to why she will resign, though speculation has been rampant that the former vice presidential candidate is gearing up for a run at the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.
KTUU

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
OOP'S wrong idiot..

never mind

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
CNN is announcing that Sarah Palin is expected to announce that she will resign within weeks. Is this the first step towards a bid for the White House in 2012? The news conference is still in progress, so details are hazy at this time. Thoughts?

It would be wonderful if Gov. Palin made a bid for the WH.
She alone turned the election into a political funfest that entertained us for months.

However I doubt if Gov. Palin is resigning to make a run for the presidency. More likely that she is involved in some kind of shenanigans that will ultimately doom her political career and she is bailing before the SHTF.

Gotta love American politics!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I know what you mean, semper.

We need more women like her in politics, but speaking only of her, she deserves to live a quiet, normal life.

Since she ran with McCain, she has been inundated with so many savage attacks on her personally and politically that she deserves a break and I wouldn't blame her if she decided to spend the rest of her days in peace.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

A woman like Palin should be a beacon and a role model to young girls and women everywhere, shattered.

okay honestly that made me sick, i can't even write anything to say to that

I'd rather take a penalty for one line then waste my time with filth like that

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here's another question I have. Did she intentionally snub the National News Media by keeping this quiet until the last minute? Only a fool would think this is only a local story, but only local news outlets were present. My guess would be a BIG FAT YES!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

But is Sarah Failin resigns from office she won't have the people of Alaska to foot her bills anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I would hope she's resigning to stay home and care for her family. She has a special needs child and it's obvious by Bristols pregnancy (after being taught abstinence) that Mom's out of touch and needs to pay more attention at home. Even I, managed to get my teen daughters (cheerleaders at that) into college without a pregnancy.

Unless... She's resigning because something is getting ready to slip out that'll make her look even worse.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I hate the way people treated her.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

A woman like Palin should be a beacon and a role model to young girls and women everywhere, shattered.

okay honestly that made me sick, i can't even write anything to say to that

I'd rather take a penalty for one line then waste my time with filth like that

makes me sick too. role model? oh please. she's pratcially illiterate and her family is about as out of control as they get. politicians in this country have been practically crucified for less lunacy.

i'd be happier than hell if all her "supporters" just moved on up to alaska with her, and alaska seceded from that nation.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Perfect case in point...

This is what I was talking about exactly

Semper

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join