It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Tickets To Michael Jackson's Memorial Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Get Tickets To Michael Jackson's Memorial Service

cbs2.com

LOS ANGELES (AP) ― Jackson's memorial will be held Tuesday at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.

City officials are scrambling over the holiday weekend to try to figure out how to accommodate a public memorial service for Michael Jackson at a venue that can hold no more than 20,000 people.

The event has been set for 10 a.m. Tuesday at the downtown Staples Center. Eleven thousand tickets will be distributed. The family has also made arrangements to provide a worldwide pool feed. Go to the Staples Center Web site for a chance to be selected for two tickets. Fans without ticke
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
cbs2.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Michael Jackson has heart attack / stopped breathing / CPR administered

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The event of the year and you will have the chance to get tickets to attend the memorial service.

The resources needed to cover such a big event will required extra budget for the police department "special events budget" already allocated for this type of situations.

Meanwhile the city will be accepting donations to pay for extra expenses in relation to Michaels event.

Well it seems that this is going to be big but only a few fans will be allowed to attend.

The problem is that they are expecting actually hundred of thousands of fans to inundate the streets, highways around the area.

cbs2.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm sure for $200 a head you can get one too..

This is turning out to be imbarassing..

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You need a bracelet too when you pick up the tickets.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I don't know what all the fuss is about, its not like he's gonna sing.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
yeah, you need the tickets and a bracelet unless your a "celebrity" then those rules don't apply to you,

same thing they did with the Led Zeppelin Reunion concert, you enter in a drawing, then you have to pick up the tickets and a bracelet, except all the celebrities got to get in without entering the drawing, lucky for me i'm the know with the guys of led zeppelin so i attended...

this is what gets me mad about all this, is these "celebrities" are all jumping on the bandwagon and riding his coattails now, when was the last time you ever heard anyone of them mention Michael Jackson..

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Michael Jackson this sunday SUNDAY SUNDAY One day only DEAD In a casket reserve your tickets at all ticket master locations now.

Also available on pay per view .

Thats what it feels like to me.

His family is cashing in on this pedo cow.

What an upside down messed up world.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I wonder if we may see the sell of those tickets on E-bay by the people that won them.

I can only imagine the money that could be generated by just keeping the tickets and sell them as souvenirs or memories, after all many people that bought the tickets to the concert that never was decided to keep them and refused refunds.

Many are saying that the event will be so big because is not way that the under pay and trouble police departments in CA will able to hold the hoard of fans that will be going to the area no matter what.

Still is not going to be any singing from Michael but the amount of Hollywood starts and other celebrities attending will be enough to attract anybody into the area.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Okay, I'm a little confused here. Is it the family selling tickets?
(Surely not?)

Or is it the city who will get the funds to finance extra law enforcement, or whatever?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

this is sooo damn ridiculous!!! yea he might have been a good musician/dancer/inventor/ etc but really? shows how the world cares more about a CM than other CELEBRITIES that have actually had a postive inpact on the world...... just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There is something SO inherently wrong about this.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ok, I'm thinking I understand this. The tickets are not actually being sold. Just a lottery or distribution type thing to keep down crowds.

So no money will actually be raised.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Ok, I'm thinking I understand this. The tickets are not actually being sold. Just a lottery or distribution type thing to keep down crowds.

So no money will actually be raised.

AH - that's different. I should have read better... : ) - much different indeed.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No, the tickets are not sold at least the original offering of giving fans and opportunity to be able to participate in the memorial ceremony.

Also the police in the city already have funding allocated for this type of events they are considered "extraordinary".

But the city budget doesn't cover the cleaning and other crews needed for the even as big as this one, for that they are accepting donations.

Also the media was asking the people that are to be organizing this event in behave of the Jacksons family what will happen if the lotto tickets were to be sold in e-bay by those that win them.

The family said that that will be a shame on anybody that do something like that.

Still over one million people have already been on line registering for the tickets.

My thing is how in the world the police will be able to keep those fans that will need no invitation to be around the premises even when already is been told that if you don't have tickets you should not be in the area.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sorry, I am not going to attend the funeral of a pedophile. Its shocking that people have given this man such a wide birth to the point that it's forgotten that he is a sick freak that once dangled his child precariously over a balcony and no child endangerment charges were filed.

I for one won't miss this sick freak and hopefully people will forget him in a few years.

top topics

join