It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange encounter with a 'little man'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Very intriguing thread. I heard once that George Hale the astronomer claimed to have an elf as an adviser. Most people think it was all in his head, but didn't he claim it helped him make his breakthroughs in telescopes?

Science World Biography on Hale

That brings up that maybe it was totally real to your friend, but wasn't actually physically there. If it can happen to the best of us, it could happen to any of us, right?
OR, perhaps little people do exist out there. Unless I see one I guess I can't know for sure.

Too bad it didn't stick around to talk. That would have been wild.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Cool story im just going to post a video up in a minute which looks like the thing you are trying to describe have a look

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I have a similar story about 'little people' and they were witnessed on two seperate occasions by my mother-in-law, both sightings happened in the living room of her home which is located next to a large field and a farm, with countryside surroundings. (this happened in Wales, UK)

I can't remember exactly why she told me this story, we often have discussions on paranormal happenings and 'strange' unexplainable things.
Anyway, she told me not to mention it to anyone, as it seems crazy.

It was christmas time, the decorations were up and my mother-in-law was sitting in her living room and then, a little lady walked in, just strolled in then stopped and looked at the telly. She was about two foot in height and thin, she was wearing clothes but my witness can only recall a skirt. She was not panicked by this little person, she said hello to it, and in complete shock as she must have been unaware she was visable at all, she ran into some decorative ivy to hide, and wasn't seen again.

On a seperate occassion, a man this time, again same height and was also wearing clothes, came into the living room, jumped up onto the arm of a chair, sat down with his legs dangling off the edge and proceeded in watching the tv!

I'm so jealous of my mother-in-laws experiences and hope to see some little people myself!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What wonderful experiences your mother in law had. Did she try to have a conversation with the little man?

Btw, I will U2U you about something. As you are a new member, I'm not sure how it works - I don't think you can send a u2u yourself yet, but you hopefully can receive them.

Cheers,

Aelf

Originally posted by Swanseagirl
I have a similar story about 'little people' and they were witnessed on two seperate occasions by my mother-in-law, both sightings happened in the living room of her home which is located next to a large field and a farm, with countryside surroundings. (this happened in Wales, UK)

I can't remember exactly why she told me this story, we often have discussions on paranormal happenings and 'strange' unexplainable things.
Anyway, she told me not to mention it to anyone, as it seems crazy.

It was christmas time, the decorations were up and my mother-in-law was sitting in her living room and then, a little lady walked in, just strolled in then stopped and looked at the telly. She was about two foot in height and thin, she was wearing clothes but my witness can only recall a skirt. She was not panicked by this little person, she said hello to it, and in complete shock as she must have been unaware she was visable at all, she ran into some decorative ivy to hide, and wasn't seen again.

On a seperate occassion, a man this time, again same height and was also wearing clothes, came into the living room, jumped up onto the arm of a chair, sat down with his legs dangling off the edge and proceeded in watching the tv!

I'm so jealous of my mother-in-laws experiences and hope to see some little people myself!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
that's an amazing story. Thanks for sharing it.
Why can't I have anything like that happen to me?

I know what you mean. I am a complete believer and yet nothing cool like this ever happens to me either. Great story!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My uncle once told me of a similar experience, but only the man was miniature. He told me how he came up from a basement cellar, and saw a small man less that 8" tall in like a little astronaut suit. He said the man said "don't tell anyone you saw me" or something to that effect. He; of course, wanted to run and tell someone which was his older sister (my aunt) about him. As expected, she just twisted her lips and thought he was being young and silly. I don't recall if he said she came downstairs with him or not, but when he went back down he wasn't there.

I recall having that happen to me when I was a youth myself. Where you stare and squint trying to validate what you're seeing, and it feels like the farthest thing from being half sleep & half awake because it's DAYTIME. All you can think is HUH!???...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I guess aliens come in all shapes and sizes.Its on rare occasions like this when aliens let there guard down and there technology failes or there stealth technology has malfunctioned.The chances of seeing that alien again would be quite rare.The alien was proberly more shocked at you seeing him than you were.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hello all

Have just joined ATS after being an avid reader and long-time lurker of this most excellent website in order to post this tale from my own past regarding "The Little Folk". However, don't get too excited as it didn't involve an actual sighting, okay?!
The story i'm about to relate took place when I was 12 or 13 years old, so we're going back to 1982/ 1983, and occured when I went away on a school holiday for a week to the Isle of Man, UK. If anyone knows anything about the Isle, the people there have a huge belief in Fairies and stuff of this sort, even to the point of thanking the Fairies when passing over certain streams and bridges to avoid bad-luck befalling you and this is exactly what happened on this particular day.
We'd all crammed into a minibus to set off to a place near Douglas - I cannot remember the exact name now - which had a nice flat beach where us school kids could learn how to canoe and kayak. As we're driving there, we approached one of these "Fairy" bridges and our Teacher stood up and told us all to get ready to offer thanks to the Fairies once they'd let us pass ove the bridge, so we all shouted "Thank You Fairies" as the minibus reached the other side, except for one lad at the back who decided to shout "F**k off Fairies"!
The lad in question got a dressing down from the Teacher and even managed to annoy most of us kids as we still were at an age that you could have a slight belief in this type of stuff and plus we're all on holiday and it tied into the atmosphere I suppose.
Anyhow, all was forgotten by the time we reached the place and kids being kids, we jumped at the chance of going out into the surf riding canoes and kayaks, which we did for the next couple of hours.
Then, suddenly I was being shouted by some friends from a path which ran along some small cliffs, so I set off and a coupel of minutes later I reached them and found they were all wearing shocked expressions. I asked what was wrong and they just pointed down onto the beach and there was the lad who'd told the Fairies to F off laying dead!
I asked them what had happened and they said the lad had been messing around climbing the cliff but was only about 10/ 15 feet off the beach when he suddenly just seemed to freeze and fall backwards, hitting the only small, flat rock that was poking out of the sand, when anywhere else and he'd have just hit sand.
I know it was probably just a coincidence and a freak set of occurances but there was hushed whispers around the campsite by the locals regarding the lad's disrepect of the Fairies, so who really knows.
ANyway, that's my contribution and hope we get some more tales of "The Little People" as i've been facinated ever since.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Forgot to mention it before in my post, but what comes to mind is a little LEGO figure or what people may imagine a Leprechaun to be. For some reason they seem, or are so real at that moment, but like others mentioned disappear quick and didn't know they were visible.
Main focus for me is that it occurred during our youth. I'm no 80's baby myself, so I wonder if it was an experience for those born pre 90's. Say 85 and before?...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread has stopped! Has no-one got any more tales regarding "Little People"?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's almost 6am here again, so I'll have to come back to this thread later. For now though, will just say that I had an experience involving several 'little people' as I described a few times under my earlier posting account. It was featured in a magazine and online at the time, but don't know if it's still online.

Suffice to say, they were not friendly little imps. They were nasty. They do not like humans and for some reason have the power to scare you half out of your mind. My encounter with them nearly tipped me over the edge -- most terrifying experience I've had, out of a scary assortment. Don't know why I came so unhinged. And it was only after they'd gone that I fell apart. At the time, I wasn't scared of them.

They have the power to manipulate humans physically and mentally. Not nice. Wouldn't want to go through it again.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Nobody in their right mind would walk 3/4 of a mile on foot by themselves through woods with nothing but a .22 that just seems pointless...thats more of a 'sit on the porch and shoot rifle'

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
Nobody in their right mind would walk 3/4 of a mile on foot by themselves through woods with nothing but a .22 that just seems pointless...thats more of a 'sit on the porch and shoot rifle'

Dont knock the rimfire Grif, they are small enough to go through bulletproof vest and if you get a headshot they rochochet inside the cranium. I dont know though Iam from England, do you guys have to worry about bears and stuff?

I dont think ballistics are much good against the etheric creatures since they occupy a differant dimension and sort of master physics, some reports of gunshot going right through them, some reports of them being knocked over but getting up without a scratch.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast

Suffice to say, they were not friendly little imps. They were nasty. They do not like humans and for some reason have the power to scare you half out of your mind. My encounter with them nearly tipped me over the edge -- most terrifying experience I've had, out of a scary assortment. Don't know why I came so unhinged. And it was only after they'd gone that I fell apart. At the time, I wasn't scared of them.

They have the power to manipulate humans physically and mentally. Not nice. Wouldn't want to go through it again.

This aura/environment of unnatural fear they seem to project, do you think there is any way to counter it? Do you think you would be a little less scared if you came across them again. I understand if you dont want to answer.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
wow !! i never thought this kinda thing ever happened to people in other countries !
well im from nagaland , its a small state in the northeast corner of india .we are
tribal people and these stories have a special place in my heart .i have always heard of stories bout
a small person who sometimes follow hunters back to their homes.
we have a name for it ,its called "mewenuo" its in angami language (a major tribe in nagaland , we have 16 major tribes. but more on that some other time ) .the funny thing is ,i am a man of science ..im in med school and have studied science all my life... but the things i have experienced and the stories ive heard from my elders have always been intriguing to me ....from what i have heard....this small person is about 2-3 feet tall with long hair which reaches down to the ground...but as one story goes ..its a spirit of the forest and it follows you back if u dont leave a little piece of the prey that you have killed ..as an offering i guess ?..apparently it has helped to warn hunters about impending accidents or harm when they go hunting and some others say they try and trick you into losing your way in the forest ..one old tale one of my great-aunt told me was that when she was very young she was in the village , she and her sister were out collecting firewood and then she heard a small voice telling them to leave, in a very harsh and irritated way..it seems she brushed it off as being her imagination and both she and her sister were laughing bout the voices . after awhile she heard the voice again and so did her sister this time , when they looked up , they saw the little man walking towards them ..my great-aunt started saying "jehova thse" (means praise the lord ,in our language ...we are almost 98% christians ) and the funny thing is the little person stopped and started repeating whatever my g-aunt was saying when she said 'who are you?' the mewenuo also said 'who are you ?'..they were so terrified that they ran back to the village ..that night the dogs didnt stop howling ..and my g-aunts sister had very high fever and almost passed away , the next morning ..in her fevered state my my g-aunt's sister kept saying "pull me back...pull me back , hes still here ...cant you see him ? hes still here , i dont want to go ,ayo ('ayo' means elder sister)" ..then the village elder (gaonbura) came and told her to give back whatever they took from the forest while they were picking up firewood...when my g-aunt was gathering the things she had taken from the forest ..she found a piece of wood with hair-like strings sticking out of it ...after she returned it she dreamt or half dreamt tat the mewenuo said "see ? i told you to leave but you wouldnt listen." ...now! believe me i have a hard time believing it myself but u know what my g-aunt tells me everytime i say that? she says "huh..dont tempt things which might happen " hmm...i think ive written a little bit too much evidently lol

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hello all! I have only just joined this site, after a long time of reading some VERY interesting subjects!!
"Little People" and "fairies" have always been sort of a childhood obsession for me. Recently I have started reading more on actual myths and legends from many different cultures from around the world.
I am Native American, and I have a lot of native american friends with families that live on reservations. One of my good friends is from a reserve that still practices building a separate Sweat Lodge that is scaled down to size for the "little people"! They also have "offering" tables in the forests for the little people.
I just wanted to share that story and say that tales of little people are common and considered normal around a lot of different reserves

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I am looking for people stories just like this!

Snowblind

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lw2525

Where was this? What area?
Thanks

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: soldier8828

Where was this? I am researching for a project and looking to interview people with these kind of stories!

Thanks

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tenpensdown
Wow, thats really interesting. I don't know what I would do if something like that happened to me. I always feel like there is more to this world than we will ever know...

Maybe we only find out ALL the mysteries of the Paranormal when we die but would like a few more encounters while i'm living.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join