It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(IWWC) The dying of egotism in todays Youth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In recent times, a phenomenon known as "Indigo" has swept through Americas suburban adolescent culture. Namely white, rich spoiled kids.

Sometime in the late 20th through the early 21st century, the Indigo phenomenon became a popular Idea. Many say that they are a new breed of human. Their DNA is changing and they are heralding in a new era of peace and love for planet earth. These children of light are the hope and salvation for the mass corruption and destruction of our very way of life.

I for one, hold a different point of view. We have seen time and time again that accounts of mass hysteria can be induced when a large group of people all share the same beliefs. Mass UFO sightings, religious encounters etc. And we can also look back throughout recorded history of man, that all these special things that these children of light are supposedly capable of, are no more abnormal than a 9 month old child taking his first step.

Each generation has its own twists and viewpoints on the world. I remember when wicca and new age witchcraft was the "in" thing. Everyone was a witch and was going to crush you with their magnificent magical powers.

The truth is, the world as we know it today is riddled with corruption, greed, power hungry politicians. A collapsing financial system. I think the kids of todays America are aware of this more than we might think. Most of them have no clue how to cope with it. Kids today are accustomed to their Xboxes, TV's, computers, ipods and phones. They are scared to death that their way of life is going to come to a grinding halt very soon. And how does a child of adolescence deal with that prospect?

A little simple psychology is all it takes. If your world is being ripped apart before your eyes, you want to think it will be ok. So you create a new world in your own mind in which you have full control over. A world in which you are "Royalty". You pick and choose whoh can be a part of your new world. And in thinking you are better than anyone else now, because this world you created is better than the world in which you REALLY live, you start becoming very arrogant. Egotistical.

The Indigo VS joe blow war will never happen in any case. Kids today are over medicated, neglected, self taught brats. Parents label their kids Indigo so they do not have to discipline them. No child has special talents that no one else does. Any kid that says consciousness is evolution must have been asleep for the first oh...i dont know...16 years of their 16 year old life. Consciousness is the REASON humans are the top of the food chain. No "God" awareness or Pact with Arch Angels is going to awaken what is already there.

One day these kids will grow up and finally realize that all they had to do to make a difference was do the right thing. Put down their controllers and NOT tell the teacher to F$# off. Doing the right thing and changing our planet into a peaceful place does not take special talents. It does not require Indigo's, BEK's, crystal adults or Granite monkeys. It requires no labels at all.

I look forward to the day when children all over the world can be rest assured that they will have food to eat, clean water to drink. But I am not holding my breath for the Youth of Americas most degenerate of Generations to come to the rescue. And I welcome a challenge by any "Indigo" to prove what they really are. Give me DNA scans to prove your DNA has changed. Show me some of those spectacular abilities you are so gifted with.

Indigo: I am great, I am awesome, I am royal, bow to my light and greatness

Justin: I am great, I am awesome, I am a pitiful anonymous, bow to my individuality and "don't give a rats behindness"

Indigo: My aura is blue, yours is not. I am therefore special

Justin: My aura is comprised of electric fields and neurological residue just like yours. Therefore you are no different than me.

Edited for "profane circumvention"

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
lol. The term Indigo does make me laugh because it sounds ridiculous. I don't go looking for people who claim to be Indigo but I know what they claim. I wonder what the world would be like if everyone was Indigo? Maybe when the old generation dies out if there are enough of these Indigo's we wont let the small but powerful elite keep the rest of humanity as livestock. I know that evolution keeps taking larger and larger steps, maybe these Indigo's are just a piece of the puzzle? The beauty of life is diversity.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, I realize this was supposed to be a fictional story. But, it seems to me that the entire Idea behind these Indigo children is fiction in itself. So there you have it. A fictional story based on fictional delusions from an attention starved group of young people.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Would be interesting to see if the phenomenon you describe in America happens in non Western (capitalist) country's...

I kind of think you are onto something. However what you describe, is in my opinion in the UK the opposite.

I think (my opinion,my opinion,my opinion) working with young people Ive seen whole generations of young people coming through who don't give a [snip] about others,(not everyone, but scarily a lot) quite the opposite to the Indigo ethic, and the middle class Kids, Peaches Geldof et al only care about themselves and basically perpetuate the whole celebrity/do nothing, me,me,me culture? again going against the Indigo idea.

I don't think(my opinion) indigo's are the next level in human evolution, do the math, it would take to long for there to be enough of them to actually change things, and by that time we would have probably destroyed the planet anyway?

Oh yeah, what do you think about "Boriska—boy from Mars"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by slinkey10

That's actually pretty interesting. I have read tons of stuff about it. I honestly don't know what to believe. For how young he is, he describes in GREAT detail about some things. I have no way to prove if it is all real or fake. So I can only assume that what he says, HE really believes.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I totally respect your point of view and your literary style, which is quite compelling. So you get a star for sure.

HOWEVER, I am not sure you can dismiss the whole Indigo phenomenon so easily.

From a scientific and medical viewpoint, you have to explain autism, asperger syndrome, and other catagorizable mental differences. Imagine a class of people with a mild expression of these characteristics, but who are still completely functional. That is my understanding of what an Indigo is (notwithstanding any stuff about auras.)

www.autism-society.org...

www.webmd.com...

It is not something so easily dismissed. It is a mysterious phenomenon, for sure. Very distinctive. Quite real.

That said, good article, well articulated opinion. I appreciate that. But I kind of disagree, obviously.

Edit: You know what? I really don't want to be a defender of the Indigo movement. On second thought, it might be totally bogus. I really have no idea. It was a good article. It made me think....

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Axial Leader]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It would have been nice if you'd have thrown a war in there, this is a fiction contest after all.

Still, nice opinion.

I hope you do well in the contest,

wupy

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Well now I'm depressed. Thanks for the heads up though. Quite a theory for the progression of years of decadence. A wake up call is something I will not turn a blind eye to. Thanks for the read. Really cooll

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So you are saying that the "indigo" thing is becoming a fad?
I know the concept but was not aware that it is in common use.

I thought being considered indigo requires some level of paranormal ability.

You make it sound as if trendy moms claim their child is one or every other anti-social angst ridden emo teen is saying " You don't understand me; I'm an indigo child."

Is this the direction it has gone?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

It was coined in the 70's by some psychic by the name of Anne Tappe. At its inception, it was meant for children who had some sort of special talent that most were not born with. But today it has turned into exactly what you said. A Fad.

Not to mention, even upon inception, the description for determining if your child was indigo or not was so vague that almost any brat with an attitude problem could be an indigo kid. It's all a bunch of hippie go lucky cow poo.

Edited for bad grammar

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

You aren't the only one. It would be nice to know that a generation of super humans was already here to save us all, but that is a luxury that simply does not exist. No superior race is going to save mother earth. No hippies are gonna throw flowers and make everything alright. All we can do is hope that WE can make OUR world better and some time soon.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Your story should win. It's the only one in which this Indigo psychotic fad is truly explained. Sadly though, you probably won't win because you're only a meek, stupid, unevolved human with a low frequency of understanding. See; in order to win such a contest, you must appeal to the ones the contest is designed for. The Indigos themselves. The winning story, I guarantee, will be the one which contains the Indigos bringing in a new era of light and a banishment of all teachers and school principals. Those people are stupid doody heads and the Indigos dont need them anyway.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Well... that's fairly cynical. Your trust in how this contest is judged falls squarely on my shoulders, doesn't it?

Could you please, since your criticism is so harsh, provide some illustration to the accusation by looking at past contests and how they were unfairly judged?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Well there you have it. I was indeed being cynical and nothing else. I don't really think that the contest will be judged unfairly. I think the most compelling sotry will win. I'm not saying it's rigged or predetermined. You know I was being sarcastic and cynical. It's that the whole idea of the contest is based upon the exsistence of Indigo being a reality and not just a fad. That said, this contest is most appealing to those who claim that they're aliens. Is it not? I love the idea of having a creative writing contest. It's that I think the contest is only feeding the myth that certain people are more special than others. To go so far as to say that there are people that are more than human is a destructive idea to me. I think the ones claiming Indigo are doing harm to themselves. They aren't going to learn that they're speacial humans if they continue to swear alienhood. I did love flapjack's story. Entertaining stuff

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Thank you. I appreciate the words of encouragement. I hope I do win the contest. Although I am not holding my breath for it. This was only a documentary style thread. Others have written some pretty impressive stories, whether pro indigo or not.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The submission was less a story than a criticism of Indigos. That you compare it to Wicca is, however, food for thought since it has many similar features as you've pointed out.

The fact that seems to be lost is that there has always been an undercurrent persisting in the minds of mem and women throughout our history. Recent centuries brought forth visionaries such as HP Blavatsky and prior to that, the strange workings of alchemy which reach back a thousand years.

Onward, back into the mists of our prehistory, there is the symbolic art of our most distant ancestors, the San people of South Africa, who, in their desire to understand a higher consciousness, left us a landscape full of pictographs describing journeys into another dimension.

The world has always had its share of dreamers for a 'better way' and the Indigo is yet another example of that honourable desire.

I look to those who search within for inspiration for they are the ones who will eventually change the world as they have always done in the past.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I totally agree with the original post.

Parents are willing to protect thier kids from the stupidest stuff like contact sports, soda, being in the sun at peak sun hours, etc... Parents should expose their children to all these things and allowing them to make their own decision.

If a kid is too hot in the sun... then he will learn to avoid it or ask for sun lotion, but allow the child the chance to learn for themselves first ( with a watchful eye present).

Instead we have a bunch of overly protected spoiled children that are incapable of having the experience to make decisions. Yet, they are constantly bombarded with compliments and encouragement. This is the making of an egotist.

The last thing we need to tell these overly ego inflated children is that they are evolved and can change the world. That is just feeding into their already disfunctional pysche.

as an aside... the reason for increased diagnoses for autism aspereger's etc... is because doctors are better at diagnosing these symptoms that have always been present. Let's face it, "special" is only a politically correct term. Disfunctional is the real term.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I appreciate the input on my thoughts on this subject. I definitely admire those who put their best wishes into the salvation or ascension of humanity. But these indigo children, I can never respect. At least not the ones who are self proclaimed and treat the rest of us like mindless idiots.

new topics

top topics

join