It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakers get even better, and the Rockets continue to stockpile young talent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ron Artest signs with the Lakers, and Trevor Ariza signs with the Rockets. Any team can forget beating out the Lakers for the NBA championship for the next three years or so. Sorry Lebron, Shaq ain't gonna help you get by the Lakers, no way, no how. I'm kind of torn that we lost Artest, but I can see Rocket GM Darryl Morey's thinking here, and he is a mad genius. No guarantee Yao or T-Mac play next year, and this whole situation leads me to believe that he may make a big-time run at Lebron James after next year. Hopefully by that time Yao will be fully recovered and T-Mac will be gone. The Rockets have a ton of young talent, but they will struggle to make the playoffs next year without Yao.

Morey's playing for next year's free agent market, you can bet on it.

Peace

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Whatever!

Knicks are taking it all the way next year ...

If you don't know, now you know!

[edit on 3 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The Knicks are betting the next ten years on trying to sign Lebron, and something tells me he's not going to end up there and the Knicks will continue to flounder. Their core talent isn't that good.

And yes, I know you were joking, and if you weren't, you should be banned from BTS for not joking.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Ron Artest signs with the Lakers, and Trevor Ariza signs with the Rockets.

I am not sure signing Artest will make much of a difference. He is like Terrell Owens, he just can't stay in one team lol.

And, looking at last seasons stats, if Shaq stays healthy, the Cavaliers are going to the finals. It is guaranteed. LeBron is just getting better and better each year.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If Kevin Garnett, Eddie House, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Rajon Rondo had not fallen to inuries at the end of the season, the NBA Championship would still go thru Boston.

James may be good, but one man does not make a team.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I don't care who wins, as long as it isn't the OKC Thieves... Do ya think a team can go 0-82? Sweet if ever happened...

new topics

top topics

join