It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure could be illegal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Whilst watching this brilliant trailor:
iknowwhatisawthemovie.com...

Kindly shared in this thread by a fellow member:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had a thought. In the last few seconds a gentleman states that the US gov should disclose because "It's the law". I'm not sure which law this relates to as I'm almost certain they are allowed to keep some secrets eg for reasons of national security but... does this mean the gov will never disclose because they will be addmiting to/be seen as having perpertrated a crime? I know they are 'beyond punishment' in most cases however this could be a factor.

If of course there is anything to disclose.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
As you already stated, Governments ARE allowed to keep secrets, hence when anyone goes into military service etc they have to sign the "official secrets act", they do in the UK anyway. Keeping information from the public is not a crime.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

It may not be a crime, but those who make the laws impose them, so it will never be a crime until someone does the right thing and creates one. To me keeping anything secret is a treasonous act, a crime against the country and its people. Its the same within a relationship. It doesn't matter what it is, how bad it is, or for what reason a secret is kept, It shouldn't be. The only reason for secrets is to hide something that someone has done wrong.

new topics

join