It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

news reporter hits MJ fan!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I came across this on perezhilton.com and was like WOW! I had to share. The guy was being a bit annoying and you can totally see the news anchor was not having that. Personally I dont think he should have hit the guy but I guess the crazy fan just pushed his limits. What do you guys think??

ok I couldnt figure the embedding out. I tried Deaf Alien but it doesnt seem to be working.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by mblahnikluver] sorry trying to get video in!!! GRRR!

[edit on 7/3/2009 by mblahnikluver]

edits for video embedding and title fixing..lol

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
LOL this is too funny

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hi there... I'm sorry I have to trouble you with this request, but could you make a transcript of what get's the fan slapped by the anchor? I have no sound on this computer. Thank you in advance. I gave you a flag and a star for your effort.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ha ha ha. I guess the guy, once he sobers up, might decided to sue the reporter for assault. Yeah, he earned a little slap in the face. It was rather playful don't you think?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Basically the reporter is talking about being on Freemont Street in Vegas and the guy is just not really saying words just going "hey" and "I like MJ" and the news reporter was being kind of a jerk. He was talking about MJ fans. He could have maybe interviewed the guy and asked him what he thought. He probably would have gone away after that.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Yeah I probably would have wanted to smack him too. He was annoying. I dont think he was playful he seemed really annoyed.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Who said it was a slap?

That was clearly a punch.

Slap and Flog, oops Star and Flag for you!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

The guy that got hit was drunk and acting like - well a drunk. The news anchor struck him after he thought he had finished his report.

The guy was trying to talk to the anchor and into the camera, acting like drunks do. The achor kept trying to divert him but when his attempts failed, he lost it and smacked him after he THOUGHT he was off the air.

The drunko needed to be slapped.

This happened about 1.5 weeks ago. Hilarious indeed.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you.

No matter how annoying the guy was, I doubt there was cause for the anchor to slap him. There will be a lawsuit on the way.

edit to add: Thank you to Little one as well.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Little One

Yeah I probably would have done the same thing. He was a typical annoying drunk! I too can see a lawsuit out of this. I myself would be embarrassed!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Soooo... ats is tmz now?

This matters why?

Reporter was 'covering' something that doesn't need covering, and some stand-by idiot was being an... idiot.

2+2 = a bunch of wieners on the internet, distracting people from things that actually affect them.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Um if you dont like the post dont read it! Also this is NOT TMZ and I can post what I want. Its not against T&C. I was posting it to see what people thought of a news reporter doing this to someone. It had nothing to do with MJ really, but the actions of the reporter.

Also the same thing can be said about your Ron Paul Borat post
but does it bother me? No. Do I think it's a useless post? No I like all posts on here! It has a little of everything. Have a great day

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Whats wrong with some of these people? Why are some so mean? I mean yeah... we all have bad days but gawd.

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one of the funniest things I have seen in weeks, thanks for posting! I have to do video for work and when this stuff happens, I let the animals run the circus, it makes foir better viewing. They should have just let him be interviewed, I bet it would have been a hoot!

Now I have to clean tea off the screen...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
lol - notice how they ended the broadcast as some as that happened and the women in the studio reported him as being an unruly fan.

Someones gonna get in trouble for that slap i think.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It may just be me, but it doesn't look like the reporter intentionally slapped him. It almost seemed like we misplaced a push.

As for interviewing the guy, they probably knew he was drunk. I wouldn't be surprised if he had been harassing them before they went live. It didn't seem like it was going to be a long set either so there was no time for an interview.

Funny nonetheless!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

LOL! LOL! The look on that brunette's face, at the anchor desk in the studio....priceless!!!!

Vegas...gotta love it!!! It's legal to carry booze outdoors, on the Strip...just like in New Orleans.

As to the 'slap'....a well placed foot near the drunk's ankle tripping him would have been funnier. Still, it's like swatting any other annoying pest, like a gnat.

Shoo, fly!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I agree... but in that push he sure wanted to belt him!

A lawsuit would be so petty and stupid but most of them are. With that being said, reporters are paid to do a job. That job includes reporting to the public, sometimes in public. Thus, certain standards are expected.

The reporter was wrong here. Because he should have been able to control himself better. He isnt doing well dealing with a common public situation according to established standards set up by years of broadcasting.

He should have been a bigger person is my point. The drunk got what he deserved! However, the problem is, the reporter wasnt in a position to issue the wooparse.

EDITED TO SAY: Girl, us Florida girls dont get so f'ed up we make ourselves look stupid! Right! lol If you see a chick falling over herself around here you yell 'TOURIST'!!!

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Little One]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Little One

Yep, especially if they are wearing flowered shirts, socks with sandals or hats. Oops, my bad, Dad!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

HA! You are dead-on! Or the old men that dont want to put there work shoes away so they walk around in dress shoes and no socks! Or worse - socks up to there knees! lmao

Tourists - GOT to love them! Hilarious!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join