It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Obama Promise Broken: Diplomatic Corps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Looks like another campaign promise broken for the Obama regime.

From Donors Find a Home in Obama's Ambassador Corps

"We're not only insulting nations [that] we're appointing these bundlers to, we're risking U.S. diplomatic efforts in these key countries," said Craig Holman, a government-affairs lobbyist at watchdog group Public Citizen.

This tension can be traced back to Mr. Obama's claim during last year's campaign that President George W. Bush engaged in an "extraordinary politicization of foreign policy." Mr. Obama said he instead would ensure that hires are based on merit, rather than party or ideology. The American Academy of Diplomacy, an association of former diplomats, seized on the comments in lobbying him to lower the portion of ambassadors drawn from outside the foreign-service establishment to as little as 10% from the 30% average since President John F. Kennedy's tenure. (Mr. Bush's score was 33%.)

Of the Obama administration's 55 ambassadorial nominees so far, 33 -- or 60% -- have gone to people outside the foreign-service ranks, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

He is appointing his fundraising cronies with no diplomatic experience to key diplomatic missions, despite his promise to hire on merit.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Um, because Obama is a freaking liar!!! 24 Czars and counting and dozens of broken campaign promises. I'm still waiting to hear from the idiots who elected this assclown to come to his defense and begin explaining all of the great things he's doing.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I've seen the posts of these "assclowns"
all they say is give him a chance, it's only been 6 months, and George Bush started this, and Fox News is evil and Dick Cheney is evil. . .

The Obamatrons have been programmed.

"All hail Obama! Only he can save us!"

just a little bit in my mouth. . .

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I proposed 6 months ago to compile all the promises Obama has broken. I think it would do ATS and the rest of the world good. Am I going to do it? no, I'm lame as hell. One of you less lame people could and should (those with good reseach skills and who don't like Obama, just like me). I will say thank you.

But he is such an assclown its pathetic. it sucks, some of the cutest girls I kow are all for him and a couple close friends campaigned for him and hes blowing it! At least all my black friends realize his assclownnes3 (granted I only hang out with like three black people but)

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
lol, you stole the words right out of my mouth! ass clown is a long time term i have used as well for idiots

i truthfully think that the kool aid drinkers are running out of steem and energy to keep the obama dream alive!

its really hard to keep hearing about all of this change and not one item being instated is for the betterment of mankind!

i mean come on obama give me a bone here, what i mean schucks out of 6 months how about one thing good for the betterment of man, that stops the descent of america!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Yep.. Same crap, differant person. He's no better or worse than any other president we have had, just a bit differant in his style. *shrug* Who cares.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The people in DC get it.
Obama gets it.

He's not stupid. He used to be MY state senator and I shouted from the rooftops about how twisted this guy is.

And all I got for my trouble was being called a racist, a fear-monger, ...take your pick.

He's a Chicago-style crook. Will say or do whatever it takes to get elected.

As for breaking promises? He doesn't care. He won. He even said so himself.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Appointing ambassadors without much experience aint anything new, presidents have done it in the past, conservatives and liberals. The difference in the ones complaining depends on the difference in presidents. As much as we can complain about "inexperienced ambassadors" the key to s good diplomatic relationship depends on the agreements, the relationships set fourth between the administrations of the United states and foreign nations, not necessarily the backround of an ambassador you dont like.

Looking at the hate mongering threads you folks post day by day, with your anti-obama avatars, im not really surprised of the "sudden concern".

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

OK. If experience in the diplomatic corps doesn't mean anything, what did Obama mean when he said he was going to appoint ambassadors based on merit, rather than party or ideology?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

OK. If experience in the diplomatic corps doesn't mean anything,

Never said it doesnt mean anything. You have quiet a habit there of putting words in others mouths for the sake of argument.

what did Obama mean when he said he was going to appoint ambassadors based on merit, rather than party or ideology?

really? he did?? oh how could he! I mean why doesnt he just follow what Bush, Clinton and Reagan did in the past!

Get real Ferris.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

OK. That's the answer, or actually nonanswer, I expected. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join