It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many threads on crop circles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It is now about 12 pm London time and I went to ATS as usual and found 3 threads on the top about crop circles. As a reader it really becomes irritating to see 3 threads on the same topic at the same time. I am interested in crop circles, but would love to read content from other people on other topics too on the top of the home page

Can something be done about this in the future to maintain a balance of what topics are displayed at a time on the home page?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Its quite simple - dont click on the link.....I see threads that dont interest me on subjects I like but quite often ignore them....

BTW - Im also interested in crop circles and theres a lot that have been made recently - hence the crop circle topics...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This is the busy season for the circlemakers... Just move on to something else you find more interesting. This is a big forum, lots of things to read here.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
i bet if you find a cropcircle image on the internet not yet posted you will certainly do the same...no S&F for u sry m8

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

As a reader it really becomes irritating to see 3 threads on the same topic at the same time.

Well, If posting duplicate threads is the issue, the moderators will sort that out.

In regards to a lot of crop circle threads, that may be due to the sudden influx of crop circles.

The homepage displays threads that have had many flags or replies in a short amount of time. I doubt any duplicated threads will make it to the homepage without being deleted first.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

In regards to a lot of crop circle threads, that may be due to the sudden influx of crop circles.

I agree, remember the Michael Jackson threads? They were closing new threads (topics were different) and asking us to continue in existing ones.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Thats because they were repeatedly about the same issue, if more than one thread pops up about the same circle then im sure that gets dumped to.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What the hell ....
another "crop circle " thread! ....*sigh*

Geez at least the other ones actually had something interesting in them.
Why did you bother making yet another "crop circle thread " this is getting tiresome .
Don't you know how irritating that can be ?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Takka

Why did you bother making yet another "crop circle thread "

This was a question that I asked, and this thread was about the threads that are on top of the home page and not about crop circles (I know u were kiddn)

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Different circles = different message = different thread

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

lol sorry mate , I was just taking the piss as you know .
But I agree somewhat , I only been here for a little while and all these double posts and treads about the exact same thing can be a little to much

peace

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This issue was raised last week. I made the suggestion that somebody make a comprehensive crop circle thread, going in chronological order, beginning from the Jellyfish. Somebody did do that, but it was slapped together somewhat roughshod and had the audacity to muddy the waters with a series of disinformation links (such as circlemakers.org) at the bottom of the post. Good on them for giving it a go, but all they needed to do was post the dates and times of the circles with photos / links, there was no need to throw in the spin doctoring.

After all, nobody can prove either way whom exactly is behind it all. True, in the past, there is evidence that hoaxers have been responsible. There have also been some unexplained occurrences. In these recent cases, none of these formations have concrete evidence of human hand - just our speculative assumptions.

I suggest that if you have a knee-jerk reaction to these threads, please don't respond. If you find there are too many crop circle threads, please refrain from posting a response that reflects that displeasure. It only clogs the thread up with useless banter. More insight, less short-sight!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Summer In England

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure crop circle threads wouldn't be appearing on the front page if they weren't popular.

At the very least, it's doubtful members would be starting threads about them if they weren't interested.

Since you can't have crop circles without crops, it's not surprising to see more of them during the summer.

Of course, if you do spot duplicate threads, please be sure to ALERT them and let us know, but ATS is driven by what members want, so if ATSers want more threads about crop circles, that's what we'll get.

On the bright side, you can expect to see much fewer crop circle threads after harvest time, so for those who may be bothered by all the attention they're getting, there is at least that to look forward to.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Agrees, I for one find the crop circle threads interesting. Just another day of someone complaining in ATS

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing Somebody did do that, but it was slapped together somewhat roughshod and had the audacity to muddy the waters with a series of disinformation links (such as circlemakers.org) at the bottom of the post. Good on them for giving it a go, but all they needed to do was post the dates and times of the circles with photos / links, there was no need to throw in the spin doctoring.

You could have done it yourself the way you 'dictate' but you were to lazy. And to post just one side of an argument is silly. The only reason you call it 'disibfo' is because the circle makers toss your 'its all aliens with a message' on the scrap heap

To the OP no worries... the crops will be harvested soon and the season will be over
till next year

Its funny that they 'Aliens' always pick on corn or wheat... why not a hay field or alflafa? Maybe not high enough to stay out of sight in

But its not only crop cirlcles LRO is orbiting the Moon... already 10-12 threads on it and theyu just started getting pictures

Its a cycle... just wait till season ends

True, in the past, there is evidence that hoaxers have been responsible.

Why would you call the Hoaxers? Its an art form that makes them mega bucks. Since you cannot prove that Aliens make even ONE of them, while it can be proven that people make SOME of them, how are the proven man made ones a hoax? I don't see your logic

There have also been some unexplained occurrences. In these recent cases, none of these formations have concrete evidence of human hand - just our speculative assumptions.

There is equally no concrete evidence of alien hand err appendages - just your speculative assumptions

I suggest that if you have a knee-jerk reaction to these threads, please don't respond. If you find there are too many crop circle threads, please refrain from posting a response that reflects that displeasure. It only clogs the thread up with useless banter. More insight, less short-sight!

You need to relax and get out a little... hey you don't by any chance have any connections with that crop circle site? royalties for sending them traffic, that sorta thing?

No? Hmmmmm

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think there should be more crop circle threads...

But one that finally deals with the real issue...

Someone is at war with Corn...could Corn have WMD? Could Corn be destablizing and throwing over regimes?

Sure it seems harmless just standing there in the field but is it really, they tell us the Scare Crows are there to scare crows but I wonder...

Corn might even be the agressor in this war, and have carried it to distant galaxies!

It might be this war against Corn that is causing alien species to invade and try to control the planet.

I think we need a Crop Circle thread that finally touches upon how it's clearly in Earths interest to stop aligning ourselves with Corn!

Sure Corn might claim it's the 'chosen' vegetable, that it has a 'special' relationship with G-d, that it's anti-Maziant to talk bad about it or against it, but clearly as these crop circles demonstrate it is Corn that has made the planet so violent and is being cut down in ever ingenious and imaginative ways by it's many enemies every where.

It's time for this planet to grow and mature and start a Corn rebellion to rid us and the rest of the universe at last of this violent scourge...

To many crop circle threads...nay I say...to many corn stalks obviously!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I agree there should be a sticky thread dedicated to crop circles and furthermore, I believe that crop circles threads should not be posted in the Aliens/UFOs forum.

They should go in Skunkworks, Gray Area or some other suitable place as the link between crop circles and Aliens/UFOs is shaky at best.

IRM

[edit on 4/7/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well i see 4 threads on crop circles.

But no serious investigation.

I do not know of the site,

i have not seen a link showing Television or investigating teams actually visiting these resent circles.

Apart from a web site and photos,

nada.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well excuuuuse me.The actual reason for the anexiety you seem to be responding to is the connection of the circle's message about the Sun and possible danger to us ,which is spurring on the snowball.And this will be over in two days as either the movie is released and the ad campaign revealed and claimed.Or something big is going to happen with the Sun affecting our way of life and if we're not prepared to shut off the power in a heartbeat,we might be facing a power free winter.The debate over authorship has implications for whether we're to take it seriously or not.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Concur. Crop Circles are a phenomina but we do not need a new thread for every circle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join