It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you go insane under your own genius?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I've been watching House and various other shows.

I put this in chit chat, because it's well chit chat, unless it needs to be moved elsewhere thats up to you Mods!!!

Can someone really break into "people hallucinations consistently", or schizophrenia by their own genius, if so I'd like to know what it would really take.

They say it's a fine line between genius and insanity, but I have also heard thats a myth......like the thousands of them out there, so is there a mustard seed behind this?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I really believe that genius can cause madness--maybe the brain overloads and can't cope anymore

If that's the case then I should stay sane forever !!!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

But, If genius can cause a symptom of ungenius was it really genius to beging with, ,or an adverse effect to another "false" genius?

Staying sane would be a form of genius sense most are ignorant? And genius would be knowing a little more then the average.

How could the brain overload, it doesn't react like a computer it only is a simulator of it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Can being a genius drive you insane?

The voices in my head say "Yes".

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm not happy to admit that I might have actually backed into that scenario. That is to say, started thinking in a completely irrational way that somehow became coherent after awhile. You need insanity as a creative force that gives you really complex problems to solve and you need the genius to make it into a pattern. The perfect scientist plays hopscotch on said line.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

new topics

top topics

join