It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Fed Up with Out of Control Airport 'Searches'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Americans Fed Up with Out of Control Airport 'Searches'

macedoniaonline.eu

The Transportation Security Administration has moved beyond just checking for weapons and explosives. It’s now training airport screeners to spot anything suspicious, and then honoring them when searches lead to arrests for crimes like drug possession and credit-card fraud.

But two court cases in the past month question whether TSA searches—which the agency says have broadened to allow screeners to use more judgment—have been going too far.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Of course we all want to feel safe when flying, and I don't resent going thru a checkpoint, but recently on a business trip
with my merchandise on my way to a trade show I was detained, searched and questioned and missed my flight.
No apology, nada, nothing.
I for one am glad the ACLU is making an attempt to reign in the TSA people for being over zealous and arrogant.
Is the TSA just another arm of repression and fear for the PTB; another entity used for control and subjugation of the masses.

macedoniaonline.eu
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
How does an airport security check lead to an arrest for credit card fraud, exactly?

I think gov is using the 911 excuse in order to restrict our travel. Scare tactics anyone?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I fly alot and I wouldn't say this is a widespread problem. I chalk it up to a person who thinks they have more power then they really have. Overall my expieriance with TSA workers has been pleasent.

I did encounter one women who tried to hold me for a few minutes because of an item I had in my carry on.

It was my fault, I was being flown to JROTC and for some reason I had stuck my E tool in my carry on instead of my duffel. She wouldn't listen to the reason I had it and what I needed it for. So I grabbed another TSA worker and explained it to him.

Luckily he had served in the military and let me through. I did have to leave my E tool behind though. That thing was expensive to replace too.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Are TSA agents, by law given powers that are reserved for other LE agency's? Apparently not at present but in the future I expect they will be sworn in as US Marshals and be able to arrest you for any infraction.

new topics

top topics

join