It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain Asks Allies for Help on Employees Held in Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

It is the british embassy, iranians employed by the Uk govt.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Of course, the UK or US would never do such a thing! Oh wait, they did!
Where was the outrage over the Iranian diplomats seized by US forces whilst in Iraq, at the invitation of the Iraqi government?
They didn't do anything wrong and no charges were brought against them, yet there were incarcerated just to provoke the Iranians.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Man this just burns me up. The UK asks for help and they get the cold shoulder from the rest of the EU. If I was a Britt I'd feel pissed and betrayed.

GO UK!
We're with you.

This is total BS. The only reason Iran is doing this is to thumb it's nose at the west esp the UK. I say once it's done leave that rat hole. Don't grovel to them anymore.

Kowtowing is way out of style.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Why should the EU get involved in UK / US covert regime change operations ? And why shouldn't a country prosecute people acting illegally ?

Sorry but due process is not going to be put aside for your parochial idiosyncrasies...

The British have been caught red handed - the assassination of Neda Soltan has been well and truly dropped by western media as it became abundantly clear that it was a western hit -

No one is falling for this western led coup - its tired and boring and we have seen it time and again - not just in the cia led colour revolutions in eastern europe but Iran itself.

Thanks - we already know what is happening - and idea that anyone on this site is going to fall for the same old garbage is laughable.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by vox2442

It is the british embassy, iranians employed by the Uk govt.

So what - they are Iranian citizens they have NO diplomatic immunity - it is no different legally to arresting a street sweeper - Britain has no right to seek EU support in domestic iranian policy. NONE.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So you agree with people being put on trial just because they work for the british embassy.

They will probaly be sent to jail for 100 years but who cares right.

Not our problem.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hello Slayer,

I remember when the Iraq war was starting up after 911 and we were trying to get the EU involved but they were having none of it. They just don't want to go to war.

It is true, I as a Brit, do feel a little betrayed because the Allies helped the EU in the past and I am sure there will no doubt be a time again where an EU nation needs help.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I'd say the Americans should step up and offer Britain help but.. meh.. Iran doesn't exactly like us, do they? Didn't even except Obama's offer for cold beer and hot dogs this weekend.

The EU has never really been a tight nit group of countries. Allies they are, but hardly want to be bothered with each other.. and opinions on international relations hold no consistency.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

They are not concerned about the Iranians, but the British citizen arrested..

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

Hello Slayer,

I remember when the Iraq war was starting up after 911 and we were trying to get the EU involved but they were having none of it. They just don't want to go to war.

It is true, I as a Brit, do feel a little betrayed because the Allies helped the EU in the past and I am sure there will no doubt be a time again where an EU nation needs help.

Cheers

Cause the British government was the only one stupid enough to plunge into that unjustified war aside with the Chickenhawks..
But you have forgotten there are also news outlets on the continent, not only from across the Atlantic..and the EU does stand behind the UK in this matter even to "use force".. But most talks are behind closed doors..

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

If anything dos happen inthe EU inthe future, thenwe will see who crys to whom for hel. European countries do have a short memory. Nevermind we the UK will sort this one out ourselfs. We do not need the gravy train of Europe to help us out either.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao

Cause you British were the only ones stupid enough to plunge into that unjustified war aside with the Chickenhawks..

Tut!.....

I think you'll find that the British government are the stupid ones you should be refering to.

Please be careful how you word your insults!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

If anything dos happen inthe EU inthe future, thenwe will see who crys to whom for hel. European countries do have a short memory. Nevermind we the UK will sort this one out ourselfs. We do not need the gravy train of Europe to help us out either.

Read the article I posted. The EU does support the UK. What is so hard to understand about that? EU Presidency: Ready To Act If Iran Doesn't Free UK Employees

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview

Cause you British were the only ones stupid enough to plunge into that unjustified war aside with the Chickenhawks..

Tut!.....

I think you'll find that the British government are the stupid ones you should be refering to.

corrected, but where were the people? the millions people protesting?
If Blair had the balls he'd gave Bush the up yours..

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview

Tut!.....

corrected, but where were the people? the millions people protesting?
If Blair had the balls he'd gave Bush the up yours..

Not to speak of the millions of Americans and Brits whom portrayed the French and Germans as foolish cowards. Unfortunately, our ignorant puppet government also jumped onto the bandwagon.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Sadly, only a minority of people took to the streets to protest. It's just not the British way! We're too bloody conservative.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Because people only see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear.

The EU is obviously taking diplomatic action but when it comes to military action.. the last thing the majority of the Eu want is another war.

The UK has its own agenda and always has.. and it usually goes hand in hand with the US through their "Special Agreement".

No point in whining to your pals about getting bitten by the dog you have been kicking for the last half century.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I am not refferring to your article, I am responding the comment posted by the dude I responded too. So quit jumping the gun .

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Not to speak of the millions of Americans and Brits whom portrayed the French and Germans as foolish cowards.

Really! Care to show us where that information came from?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

OMG is your head so far up your backside? Hundreds of thousands of people in the UK Demonstrated before Iraq was invaded by US and UK forces, so get your facts right or research this first of all before you make stupid comments as such. Also thousands of People in the UK hav been against the War inIraq from the start, and also during the conflict.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Lets talk about Cowards shall we, Which counries are takenthe brunt of the conflict inAfghanistan? I do not see any german or french troop taken any brunt of the conflict in Afghanistan, so place the cowardness where it rightfully lies. Enough said I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join