It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please read: unconstitutional police actions to happen this weekend.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
After reading this I will translate exactly what the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office is saying based on the first hand accounts I heard from several people involved in the previous operation that ran last St. Patrick's Day.

From the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office
District Attorney Brett Ligon
Montgomery County July 4th Weekend No Refusal Event
PRESS RELEASE
July 2, 2009
During the July 4th Holiday, thousands of people will be getting out to responsibly enjoy the many area events and the inviting waters of Lake Conroe. With the holiday and summer now fully underway, the Montgomery County District Attorney’s office will be continuing its commitment to help ensure the safety of all that use our roadways and waterways, by coordinating a July 4th weekend No Refusal DWI event. On both Friday, July 3rd and Saturday, July 4th, extra resources will be in place, focused on deterrence and enforcement of DWI and BWI offenses.

"No Refusal weekend" means that this weekend if you feel that your civil rights are being infringed upon or you do not wish to give the government damning evidence in your now upcoming DUI case, you can not refuse to take the breathalyzer test.
So how will they make you take it?

The program will provide nurses, police, prosecutors and judges to review probable cause affidavits in DWI and BWI arrests. Because these assets will be at more than one location in the county, officers will be able to spend more time in service and less time processing arrested persons.

"The program will provide nurses, police, prosecutors and judges to review probable cause affidavits in DWI and BWI arrests."---Translation If you refuse to blow, the extra police officers will assist you into this small trailer where they will strap you down in front of a cctv where the judge appears on the screen in front of you and orders the on hand nurse to take your blood. I am not making this up. This has already happened before and will again this weekend.
Source

[edit on

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This is a ridiculous abuse of power. I would challenge anyone who gets hit with this to take it directly to the Supreme Court and state your right against illegal search was violated.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This program works well in Germany. Except there the polize take the blood themselves and it isn't always nice and easy.

If you get pulled over don't refuse the breathalyzer and all is well. If you are drinking and driving you deserve alot more then a small needle in the arm.

If you don't want to go through this then don't drink and drive or drive like a fool.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
okay, don't drink and drive! If you can't have a designated driver, then make plans to stay where you are. I drink, especially on holidays. But if I have to drive, I make plans to stay overnight with friends, or my wife does the driving. (She rarely drinks, due to medications she takes.) If there is no other option, take a damned cab.
While I believe in individual liberty, I equate the right to drive while impaired with yelling fire in a crowded theater. While you might have the "right" to do so, you have an obligation to refrain from excersing that right.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Drink driving is unforgivable, however, blanket testing of every motorist is also unacceptable in a free and democratic society.

What happened to the police requiring probable cause to stop a motorist to make them take a breath test.

I don't drink, but I'd go apoplectic if I was forced to stop and take a breath test. This kind of mass action seems more like something you'd have got under the old USSR rather than the gold ole USA.

What's happening to America, why is it slowly becoming Amerika with the police acting in the interests of the rabid desires of TPTB rather than serving the interests of the public at large by maintaining law and order and protecting the innocent.

It's too late in the UK, TPTB and the police are now a separate entity and above the law, be it stealing public funds, shooting dead innocent Brazilian electricians, or cooking their dogs in a van on a hot day, not one of them ever carries the can for their action, they just brazenly carry on as if nothing has happened.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Here is the thing though...

extra resources will be in place, focused on deterrence and enforcement of DWI and BWI offenses.

This means picking out the people as they walk out of the bar, before they drive. When this went down last time, they busted people for public intoxication.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Picture yourself being strapped down in front of a monitor where a judge from a remote location determines that there is probable cause. This is spooky as hell, 1984 kind of crap.

People just ignore the rights violations, cause who would want to appear to support drunk driving... right? Even criminals have rights and this is for a good reason.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Call the ACLU get them involved if your civil liberties get messed with. Thats my view. But yeah too many authorities think they are above the law and thats a shame

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I/m damn sure I'd have an issue with some cop making me blow in front of my children when I hadn't even been drinking. Who do these people think they are?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PartyToker

Call the ACLU get them involved if your civil liberties get messed with.

Man, what was the last thing the ACLU did? Really, though? Our civil liberties are being sucked up in the terror vacuum. By the way Party Toker, blood test not only test for alcohol. Perhaps some more damning evidence could be found in your blood?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wyleecoyote

Anytime you refuse to blow, you get arrested and loose your license, however, this weekend they can suck your blood without our consent. God forbid your kids witness this procedure.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Ask the officer why you were stopped. If you are aske if you have been drinking, ask the officer if you are legally required to answer that question.
(self incrimination) It makes no difference if you are sober as a judge(which is not much of a reccomendation, considering some of the judges I have known.) If they force you to have a blood draw, you have grounds for criminal and civil actions against the officer, and the municipality that stopped you, There must be a legitiment reason for the stop. Did the /officer smell alcohol on your breath? (If you have been drinking, then just give up and take the test. But if you are sober, it is not only your right, but your obligation to refuse. then if you are forced to have a blood alcohol drawn, you have grounds for a lawsuit.)
The short answer is "Don't let the Bastards get you down."

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
These units are set up outside of bars, the people who are stupid enough to drive away from there drunk deserve to be caught. They are picking people out as they walk out of the bar. The last time I checked, people go to a bar to drink. The probable cause here is that you are walking out of a bar.This is a very slippery slope.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Good thing I dont drink..When the test comes back clean,I will be contacting my lawyer..My phobia of needles..You wanna see nuts,try strapping me down and jabbing me..

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is all because they need money.

Most states are now on the verge of bankruptcy.

They will keep inventing ways to fine people "for their own good".

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Keep your own cameras ready everyone. If you have one in cell phone and haven't used it, learn now.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
In South Africa, if you refuse to blow (or even if you blow and fail) they arrest you, throw you in the back of a police van, then get taken to a central point where a doctor takes blood.
Your car is towed away and you are thrown in the same cells as rapists and murderers. If you get caught on a Friday evening, there is no bail till Monday because the prosecutors don't work weekends.

But then again, a drunk driver is a potential murderer anyway, right?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

This means picking out the people as they walk out of the bar, before they drive. When this went down last time, they busted people for public intoxication.

I will admit, I was charged once with drinking and driving. Although I fought the charge, and won, I sold my house in the country, moved into a little place in town, and now walk to and from my favourite watering hole.
I've since attracted the attention of our over-zealous police a couple of times on my walk home, but thankfully nothing came of it. If you can't even walk home in peace from the pub what's next? Become a tea-toting recluse?
I agree with the poster who said the cops are just after generating more income for the city coffers with their ever more intrusive "protection" measures.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Anyone who is careless and irresponable enough to drive a vehicle while intoxicated deserves to have their rights taken and do serious jail time. I will gladly blow as I am not in the habit of drinking and driving, after that I will be on my way home safe and sound. Folks, if you have nothing to hide from the cops just cooperate and be on your way. It's that simple. Nothing you can do can change the way things are in the world today. People get hammered and go for joyrides and kill people. What do you expect the police to do??

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Truthseeker31]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't drink and drive but I do drive around at 2:00 in the morning on occasion to run interference for the drunks. I have been pulled over twice for DUI and it's always the same excuse... "You were weaving" Which is B.S.

I started doing this after a server went down at the office and I had to go in and fix it at midnight. I didn't get out of there until 2:30 am. Then I got pulled over and harassed by some ass clown. He couldn't believe I was working just like him so I started giving it right back to him. The guy was a real jerk...

If you are on the road at 2:00 in the morning you are guilty and will be talked down to like the scum of the earth. I give it right back to them and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join