It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cancel my trip to U.S.A?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hi,

this is my second post here but i've been lurking for 2 years...

Most of the posts I read on these forums have to do with the u.s.a and most of them are negative...and its gotten to the point where I feel like I should cancel my roadtrip to Massachusetts (I'm from Canada). I get a few american news channels here and it doesnt seem too different than from where I am, but the posts on these forums make it sound like the world is going to end tomorrow. so...if I go to u.s.a will the "SHTF" this summer like numerous posts seem to imply? and if it does, does that mean i'll be stuck there in the middle of a war? should I feel safe driving down there knowing that alot of you are stockpiling ALOT of weapons and ammo? Am I going to be put into a train and taken to a FEMA camp? Is there anything else I should be concerned about other than the already long list of scenarios presented in the forums? should i just stay up here in my igloo with my pet beaver and drink beer?

what do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Go enjoy your trip. Things aren't going to fall apart over night and even if they did you're only going as far as Massachusetts, thats just hop skip and jump back over the border.

Things are going to get bad in the states but it's going to get bad slowly so no one crys until it's to late.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 11believe11

You'll be fine

Remember this is a conspiracy site, the world will always be ending the day after tommorow. When that day comes, it'll again revolve and be the day after tommorow.

Massachuttes has a few of it's own problems, but you're not livin there!

And I know a few hot girls who moved up there last year, you could always find a party with them

Just go, don't ever let anything scare you!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Depends.

If you hear of our Second Amendment being rescinded, get far, far away.

If you hear of them confiscating guns, run like hell.

You hear of an event that may remotely smell like Waco, fog it out of here.

Americans are rapidly losing jobs and money.

A lot of irritable, pissed off people right now are just stunned.

Wait until it soaks in that things under this current government aren't going to get any better, but worse.

Don't worry, you should have a few days warning.

Maybe.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Do you really have a pet beaver!?

You make a bad name out of us canadians.....although i'm in tejas now!

But a full blooded canadian at that!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You'll be fine here in the states. If a problem happens here then it will probably effect Canada also.

Why don't we trade places about a month. I go live in your igloo and play with your pet beaver and you come to the east coast and play with my pet llama and live by the river.

I really, really need a BIG change of scenery.

Wait, my llama keeps me warm if I sleep outside under the stars but I bet your beaver is kind of cold and slippery.

Oh well it was a good thought for a few minutes. Guess I'll just stay here.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I really really, trully don't know how to think of what you just said...lmao though.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I would just go ahead. I don't see anything major happening in the horizon.

Pet beaver aye? I wouldn't mind having one. What do you feed something like that?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
I would just go ahead. I don't see anything major happening in the horizon.

Pet beaver aye? I wouldn't mind having one. What do you feed something like that?

wood of course

and yes. come to america. its not as bad as people are acting like. when you get a bunch of people who panic easy together in a group they panic on a whole new, extreme level and much more often.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Just take off your hubcaps and get a tan first!

Kidding. Enjoy your trip. The world, when it ends it will end. The USA is just as dangerous as ever, if you are in the wrong place, about the same as Toronto, CA!

Bring Wynona with you. That is the beaver's name right?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I'm going to go ahead and guess your the ONLY one who finds the humour in all of this!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
your supposed to feed canadian beavers morning wood they love to nibble on it

i would just shut the internet off and go on the holiday youll have a good time its always good to get away from home

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Doom and Gloom

You'll know you're near the US border when off in the distance you see all the dark rain clouds with lightning sparking on the horizon.

That's us.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am Canadian too. I am not the least little bit worried about war coming to the US, or their government coming apart, or their country going crazy -- I think it has to have about hit bottom already on that count, and probably is actually going to get better in spite of what they all are saying.
I must admit, thinking about all of those guns will give anyone pause for thought. The reality is tho, that the chances are probably slim that you would accidentally come into the middle of a gunfight just by being a tourist.
But watch out for Florida, Detroit, LA, Chicago ............

just kidding
i think

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Jeezu, this mini notebook is giving me fits!! My real post is below!!! Sorry for this one!!

[edit on 3-7-2009 by desert]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Come to Massachusets. It is a beautiful state with much to see. If you like American history at all is a great place to go. Boston is a beautiful town. No offense, a nightmare to drive in though.
And salem is very cool.And if you like hauntings,definetly the place to go. Third most haunted house in the US there. And the Lizzie Borden bed and breakfast is cool also. Had my own ghost run in there.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Go...enjoy your roadtrip! You won't regret it.

What sights would you like to see, what places would you like to stop at?

Thanks for spending your money here BTW! If you know any Americans, ask what you might bring them. I always loved some kind of a crunchy, chocolate candy bar my Canadian friends and relatives would bring me as a child. In fact, I deliberately ate my sister's bar and didn't tell her...oh, the guilt to this day

Belated Canada Day to you and to all the Canadians at ATS!!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Gun control depends on the state.

MA is not very gun friendly. So you won't see many. I live in a very very strict state about guns. You only see them on police officers and gangsters.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If things were to suddenly fall into chaos, it certainly won't be between now and when your trip is over.

Come see us, we aren't as bad as everybody thinks =)

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

...should i just stay up here in my igloo with my pet beaver and drink beer?

As the inimitable 'Johnny' would say on the 'Price is Right', "Come on dowwwwwwn!!"

I'm not so fond of beaver, though. Sometimes they smell a bit off... Better to leave your pet at home. But, be sure to bring the beer!!!

[edit on 3/7/2009 by weedwhacker]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join