It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Your ID Soon Be a Microchip Under Your Skin?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Will Your ID Soon Be a Microchip Under Your Skin?

singularityhub.com

Yet another sci-fi milestone is upon us: microchips implanted under your skin and used to identify you. The VeriChip is the first radio-frequency identification (RFID) microchip that’s been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use in humans. The chip is the size of a long grain of rice, and can be implanted pretty much anywhere in the body (most commonly along the tricep). Depending on how it’s used, the chip could do anything from telling doctors your medical background to buying you a round at the club.
Outside of human bodies, RFID is already used for a wide range of purpos
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
We hear more and more about this ID chip implant. I don’t want to sound like a broken record on this subject but it is something that must be fought. There are many reasons. Some claim “I will never be branded”. I’ll bet you do. Soon it will be a part of our global culture. Christians will refuse. Will you?

Luckily, the hospital isn’t the only testing ground for RFID chips under the skin. A nightclub in

Barcelona called Baja Beach has started offering chip implants to its customers, giving them access to VIP lounges and letting clubbers buy drinks by acting as a debit account. Who wants to carry a wallet or purse when the dress-code is board shorts and bikinis? Baja Beach contracted none other than VeriChip Corp. to fashion their subcutaneous membership cards. I guess last call counts as an “emergency situation.”

And that’s just the beginning. The chips have been called the precursor to a perfect authoritarian state, letting Uncle Sam (or Illuminati, or whoever) track your each and every move. On the other end of the spectrum, some religious groups (well, okay, this one) have implicated the VeriChip in a plot involving the mark of the beast (666), part of a conspiracy theory to rival the most imaginative of left-wingers. Wait, this one too.

singularityhub.com...

singularityhub.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It won't really matter if they have to chip me over my cold dead body now will it?

I know this whole chip debate has been talked about for awhile now.. I just do not think the masses would ever truly allow it to be fully implemented.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

From what I know it will be mandatory! Creepy isnt it?
P.S, from one eye to another.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Are they going to outlaw razor blades? Because if I ever get 'chipped' that'll be my tool of choice.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Said it before and I'll say it again: the only way I'll be chipped is posthumously. It's coming, make no mistake. The only questions are how soon and how we, as people who refuse the mark, will subvert the system that will require it?

TA

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There is not a chance in the world that I will ever be chipped.

There is an excellent chance though that I will find a street urchin, destitute, down on his luck, and in desperate need of cash who will for a few dollars or a favor stand in some line and get my chip for me.

The can follow him/me to the ends of the earth...

Meanwhile I will be following them..."us Rabbits can be very twicky!"

Bring it on Elmer!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I already wear a GPS reciever for work, and legally I'm on emergency call 24-7-365 days a year. the GPS is so in an emergency or accident they can find me.

Even all of that I still wouldn't want one of those under my skin.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'd kill the doctor who would put it in me.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
It won't really matter if they have to chip me over my cold dead body now will it?

I know this whole chip debate has been talked about for awhile now.. I just do not think the masses would ever truly allow it to be fully implemented.

If the public did not see any benefits to getting chipped I would agree with you. I believe there will be benefits, not only that It will be socially desirable even.

There are a lot of carrot ways to get us to accept being chipped, long before needing the stick.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
There is no way that any of my family will be chipped.....

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It's already happening. Verichip have been running pilot schemes in old peoples' homes (must be something in the water, the homes I've seen you wouldn't have any trouble keeping track) and the homeless (some of them don't come into the free clinic so we need to chip them to keep an eye on them...).

There was also a thread here recently about an article in a German paper in which we're told that Germany has refused patent status to a "killer chip" which releases cyanide into the implantee's system at a given signal. Apparently they refused it on moral grounds.

That device, or an approximation, must already exist somewhere else.

And of course there's a club in I think Spain where if you're chipped you get quick access to the VIP area.

And there's a burgeoning community of people chipping themselves.

No links, I'm afraid, but everything above can be checked out. There's a campaign against, too, which has a great website.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I heard they are impossible to remove. Maybe if we cut our hand off. Most dont see it as I do. From a Biblical perspectivve. It will only be held against you if you consciencely accept it. It wont be forced on you but you may be killed for not accepting it. Long story. Only my personal belief.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Seeing and reading about it on a web site is crazy enough but when it's on a news article it gets a bit more personal.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It will take a catastrophic global event before the chip is mandatory. Say 10’s of thousands of people disappeared and the Government declared there was a mass Alien invasion.(Go immediately to your local fire department school, federal building to get your free ID chip) I know that sounds crazy. A total meltdown of the global economy could be a reason. They will make it sound wonderful and probably add 5 grand worth of credits to your chip for signing up.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

It depends on how they plan to administer it, if through an injection, well I probably have one already, lol. If they plan on slicing me open, they will find out that I can be more ornary than a crocodile with a toothche and they'll have a struggle in their hands...
. They may not get out alive!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

GPS is a great technology. I bought a hand help one just for fun. This will be different. The beginning of a new Era. No one will benefit getting chipped. It will be difficult for the masses. No one may buy or sell, pay bills, etc without it.
Also uploaded on the chip;

Medical info
Drivers License
Social Security number
Passport
Birthdate
Banking credits
Global ID bar code

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Even though it will be mandatory it wont be forced on you. They will make you wished you were dead for not taking it. It will be considered an act of terrorism and those who refuse will be persecuted very badly.

Many will even doubt their faith! It wont be pretty there is so much involved with this. It is massive deception!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

According to the Bible, if you accept the mark, you are done.....does not matter if you chop off the body part later that contains the "mark" or the "chip". It will be the simple fact of accepting it that will do in alot of people. Just my opinion...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Same here, none of my family will be chipped either. I worry the pressure on teenages will be too great to resist, especially under martial law and rounding us up, for FEMA camps. Many who say they wont take it probably will unless they have a biblical perspective, even most of those will give in due to hunger or simply greed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join