It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Band of Brothers head to The Pacific in 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Fans of Band of Brothers have been eagerly anticipating the return of the boys from the 101st. The original series ended with VE day and as a consequence, the unit was to be shipped to the continuing war in the Pacific.

Sadly, the new HBO series 'The Pacific' will not pick up where BoB left off. However, the same knife-edge balance between story, character development and historically accurate action will return with Stephen Spielberg and Tom Hanks at the helm.

This new season documents the journey of 3 marines as they island hop their way to Japan.

Watch the trailer on the link below.

Official 'The Pacific' website and teaser trailer

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Excellent. I can't wait.

Band of Brothers is a great series.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

The problem with picking up the end of Band of Brothers is that the Pacific conflict lasted less than four months (until the atomic bombs were dropped).

It makes sense to follow a unit from the start of the Pacific Theater until its conclusion. I do not get HBO, but have friends who will buy the DVD.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
In case you are not aware of it.

Band of Brothers is a true story of real people and their WW2 exploits.

It all happened exactly as it is shown on screen.

It would have really been weird to fictionalize them.

The exploits of the Marines in the Pacific will also be based on true experiences.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In case you are not aware of it.

Band of Brothers is a true story of real people and their WW2 exploits.

It all happened exactly as it is shown on screen.

It would have really been weird to fictionalize them.

The exploits of the Marines in the Pacific will also be based on true experiences.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Yeah I know.

So the 101st never ended up going to the Pacific? I knew they were headed that way but I guess something stopped them.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
So the 101st never ended up going to the Pacific? I knew they were headed that way but I guess something stopped them.

many of them had accumulated enough 'points' to get shipped home. They primary basis was any wounded in action citations. With the company having a 150% casualty rate all of the 'original' guys got sent back to the States.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I cannot wait to see this!

Band of Brothers was the most realistic re creation about WW2 ever put onto film and with Hanks we can guarantee this one will stay true to form.

I believe true stories about the war are a tribute to all who fought and died.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Yeah I know.

From what I remember the series ended saying that the unit got disbanded at the end of the European conflict.

Okay just looked in my copy of the book.

1 August 1945 they left Germany for France to start training to for the Pacific. Japan surrendered two weeks later and the unit was disbanded on 30 November of the same year in France.

I guess you can say they were headed that way, but they never recieved orders to go and they never left France.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Band of Brothers was an outstanding series (and book). I'm looking forward to seeing this, hopefully it will be as good as the original.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Is anyone currently watching this mini series?

I have watched the 1st two episodes (the rest are on the DVR) and it seems to be a slow start so far but the end of episode 2 looked like it was going to start picking up steam.

Really hoping it turns into an incredible show.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I loved Band of Brothers, never read the book though. And so far I've seen every part of the Pacific (waiting on Part 6).

I have to say, it's not half as good (story wise) compared to Band of Brothers, and the signature intense battle scenes are few and far between.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
WHY IS THIS ONLY AVAILABLE ON SKY MOVIES!?

NOT HAPPY!

:shk:

new topics

top topics

join