It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indigo War Writing Contest - #WINNERS ANNOUNCED#

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Should it be posted on the forum in text form, or should it be submitted via PDF or external link to the text?

Something of a longer nature may take several pages to get posted. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Go to the Short Stories forum and click the button that says "New Thread." Put your title up top and the story in the post. If it takes a few posts to get all the story in, that's fine.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'd like to see a story that deals with the Indigos getting their butts
kicked by the Windigos.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh great, Another chance for the blue brats of Americas suburbs to Write a 5 sentence essay encompassing all the great knowledge of the LOLS, LMFAOS, abbreviated 2 letter words, bad grammar and the wish for world peace....wonderful.

link   
What is the use of ATS points anyway?

2 lines

link   

Originally posted by masqua

Whether you are representing an Indigo or just an ordinary human, the idea is to write a story on a future indigo Rebellion. It doesn't matter which side you're fighting on, tell a story about how you and your allies fought in the war.

Why is this a WAR? Why are there two sides? Why are you promoting this contest?

Indigos have not been well recieved on ATS. Indigo topics on this forum have only been ridiculed and discredited. Now ATS is promoting an Indigo war? Read the posts on this thread so far. Non-Indigos anxiously waiting to kick Indigo butt? Why?

The only reason I can see for this contest is to fuel the fire of hatred and division. Us against them mentality. Perhaps some information collection in the process.

Unless I missed something, the Indigo Revolution is about Love. There will never be a war between Indigos and sleepers. Sadly, people will never wake up if they are filled will fear, anger and jealousy. Is this what ATS wants?

War is Fear. Fear is the root of separation.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by hurdygurdy]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i dont think there is an agenda behind this contest, its simply a creative writing contest. The topic chosen was probably so that people could relate, since like you said it hasn't been well received on ATS ( for obvious reasons ). Its a simple topic that could yield some good results.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Now ATS is promoting an Indigo war? Read the posts on this thread so far. Non-Indigos anxiously waiting to kick Indigo butt? Why?

They are not promoting any kind of war this is a fiction contest. If you object so much

CONTRIBUTE BY ENTERING

My story has nothing to do with Non-indigo kicking indigo butt.

But If I wanted my story to be about that it could be.

Is your imagination so narrow and limited that you can not imagine and indigo non indigo situation that is vastly more complicated than the sum of the surface?

Limited imagination is not supposed to be an indigo trait.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hurdygurdy

Unless I missed something, the Indigo Revolution is about Love. There will never be a war between Indigos and sleepers.

Your lack of imagination is surprising. You could easily write a story about the Indigo's overcoming the labels, misconceptions and outright hostility that has been shown to them. Wars can be fought with ideas, not just bombs and bullets.

I hope you expand your perception on this little fiction contest and enter something that amazes us all.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hurdygurdy

Unless I missed something, the Indigo Revolution is about Love. There will never be a war between Indigos and sleepers. Sadly, people will never wake up if they are filled will fear, anger and jealousy. Is this what ATS wants?

Apparently, Nancy Anne Tappe was the first person to talk about Indigo children.

Please note the part I bolded:

From the WIKI link:

The term indigo children originates with parapsychologist and self-described synesthete and psychic, Nancy Anne Tappe, who first described the concept in the 1970s.

-snip-

They describe the goal of indigo children to be a remaking of the world into one lacking war, trash and processed food, though if blocked from their goal they may end up murdering others or being institutionalized. Tappe states that individuals responsible for school shootings were indigo children.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

So, if the person who was the first to speculate on the indigo auras stated that they were capable of violence, then your statement would be questionable in the very least.

This is a writing contest, not a debate. You may either choose to contribute or ignore it. If you contribute, create a story which explains to us how you see the future of Indigos and sleepers.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Alright, this is great. I have been educating myself on these indigo people and my mind is buzzing with all the possibilities. I am overwhelmed with scenarios right now and I am working on a final product. This is straight up story telling, correct? No other rules to follow except what has been posted? What an awesome topic for a story!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm in. Sounds like fun.

Shane

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I just want to say Indigo is kind of an unfortunate label that stuck. Indigo simply refers to a color in the aura. The aura - the energy field. The adjective "indigo" is used because it is claimed these children (all ages) appear with an indigo-hued aura. Those who support the concept claim the proportion of 'indigos' in recent times to be very large and increasing, rising from 85% in 1992 to 95% at some point after 1994.

So we are really talking about highly evolved energy beings incarnating to evolve human consciousness or something like that.

I think its important to understand the basics before writing about a subject.

WAR - - still seems like odd terminology in reference to the "Indigo" evolution.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It is going to be tricky to incorporate a war into the story, but war is what it is all about and war it will be. I will ask this one more time because I just want to be clear. Are there any other rules except what has been posted? Straight up story telling?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by Annee

It is going to be tricky to incorporate a war into the story, but war is what it is all about and war it will be. I will ask this one more time because I just want to be clear. Are there any other rules except what has been posted? Straight up story telling?

I trust as writers - REAL research will be done. And stuff like this (which could be unjustly inflammatory) - "if blocked from their goal they may end up murdering others or being institutionalized. Tappe states that individuals responsible for school shootings were indigo children" - - is accompanied with the facts - they were on powerful drugs - to make them fit into a man made programmed society.

Honest journalism is always welcomed.

My favorite novel is: American Gods by Neil Gaiman

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Annee]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Awesome Idea for a Writing Contest masqua,

ICE Cold Indigo was extemely fun to write

and An absolute pleasure to destroy the non believers

I'll be waiting to see if they ever become thinkers

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

This is straight up story telling, correct? No other rules to follow except what has been posted? What an awesome topic for a story!

Remember that the T&C's of the board still apply, We're a family friendly site so don't get too gratuitous with words or violence. Other than that the rules in the first post of this thread apply. That's it, Have fun.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Thanks for replying mrwupy. No need for violating the terms and conditions in my story. I am just trying to do it right.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Okay, so I'm going to use the tinwiki definition of Indigo Children, here

Including:

It has been proposed that the characteristics that are used to identify Indigo Children are merely those of people with Attention-Deficit-Disorder, Attention-Deficit-Hyperactive-Disorder, or Asperger's Syndrome.

It gives me a rather loose definition to play with. Hope that's okay.

[edit on 6/7/09 by shamus78]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well, what do you know
Barack Obama's an Indigo!!!

In addition, the first Indigos have grown up and are taking their place in the adult world. At least two are presidents of countries, Barak Obama and Rafael Correa, the president of Ecuador. Both are controversial, both ran on a platform of change, and both focus on the future. Indigos are entering politics, the media, big business on a global scale, science, and medicine. They are here to show us the future.

www.allaboutindigos.com...

BTW... N.A.T. discredits the Wiki article on her website:

We (Nancy's publishers) corrected much of the information on the site, listed her correct book publication data, posted her website, and otherwise attempted to clarify some of the textual references to her beliefs and information. Shortly after we made these corrections, they were erased.

www.allaboutindigos.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join