It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indigo War Writing Contest - #WINNERS ANNOUNCED#

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6966405b84a.jpg[/atsimg]

The Indigos have had enough and they just will not take it anymore. It is TIME to take control.

Whether you are representing an Indigo or just an ordinary human, the idea is to write a story on a future indigo Rebellion. It doesn't matter which side you're fighting on, tell a story about how you and your allies fought in the war.

RULES

• Post your story in the Short Story forum.

• Title must contain (IWWC) (or we'd never know it was for the contest).

• No profanity... all T&C's count in the contest and I'm sure you won't screw that up.

• At least 500 words, but no more than 200,000.

• 1 story per contestant only, but if you're not happy with the first one, you can have it removed from the contest and replace it with a new one.

• Contest ends August 5th when the full moon sets in the west (we'll give a 6 hr break to Europeans because it sets earlier there).

• All contestants will receive writer status.

Prizes

• First Prize - 30,000 ATS points

• Second Prize - 25,000 ATS points

• Third Prize - 20,000 ATS points

• An undetermined number of 5,000 ATS points prizes will also be handed out for horourable mentions.

Questions? Just ask away...

[edit on 9/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
HOORAY Another chance for victory! I promise not to get too risque with my story this time WOOHOO. Another writers contest.

As the Supreme Galactic Ultra Indigo Commander of the Sol fleet I shall do my best to ensure the survival and thrival of the indigo race!

Alright let the writing begin!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Now this is an interesting twist Masqua

I'm in. Not sure at this point what 'side' I'll be on. No, wait, I know.

The winning side. heh

Question: Does the word "Indigo" have to appear in the story, or can it just be inferred?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Question: Does the word "Indigo" have to appear in the story, or can it just be inferred?

Since Indigo's will play a central part in this, I see no reason they shouldn't be mentioned. You're either for 'em or agin 'em. No middle ground.

It'd be better if things were really clear cut.

[edit on 2/7/09 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Looks like I'll be putting my thinking cap on for this one. The new age versus the old paradigm.....It should be interesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How can I say no to you masqua? Count me in!

"Mother of the New Man"

See I already have the title...

My Bday is August 6th!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I've heard mention of the Indigos.
But that is all. Is there any relavent story thread that has to be used?
Any general history that has to be maintained?

Can someone give me a thumbnail sketch of what an Indigo is, what it looks like? What does it do?

-or can I just go nuts with the story line?-

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I think that the wikipedia article should contain enough info for you to get an idea. I'm sure just typing indigo into the ATS search bar should give you plenty of ideas for a story.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

Many thanks.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I am sorry, I am having trouble understanding the connection between indigo's and rebellion? I would like to take part in this contest but could you please give me something a bit more to work with.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
where does one post a finished story? ( not saying i have one but should it be posted here or in a new thread?)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Count me in. Should be fun! A great opportunity to hone the craft.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
where does one post a finished story? ( not saying i have one but should it be posted here or in a new thread?)

Post your story in the Short story forum. Preface it with IWWC so that it looks like this,

(IWWC) The Day I slaughtered the Indigo's!

Or whatever your story is to be titled.

If you need help feel free to U2U me. I'll do what I can.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Here Now
I am sorry, I am having trouble understanding the connection between indigo's and rebellion? I would like to take part in this contest but could you please give me something a bit more to work with.

All we can give you to work with is your own imagination. There was a time when Neanderthal ruled the world and Cro-Magnon came along and replaced them. Some believe Indigo are here to replace modern man.

This is all we have to give you. Will present day man fight to survive or will those of the Indigo kind watch them disappear into the dustbin of history?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Wars may be fought with weapons and wars may also be fought by the mind.

If you don't believe that, think of Ghandi.

As mrwupy said so well, the breadth of your imagination could never encompass all the alternatives available to humans gifted with new abilities.

Perhaps the Indigo is another Transition.

[edit on 2/7/09 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Here Now

Yes, please do explain the rebellion connection as well as the point of this contest. Also, how will the winners be declared and by whom?

Indigos have been nothing but the brunt of jokes and ridicule on this forum. All aspects of their personality as well as their mental health have been under fire by those who fear them. You all saw what happened in the past Indigo threads.

Indigos, if you post a story on this thread it will do nothing more than feed the trolls. You don't need to prove ANYTHING to anyone until they are ready to receive you with Love and an open mind. This looks like an invitation to war.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by hurdygurdy]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hurdygurdy

Yes, please do explain the rebellion connection as well as the point of this contest. Also, how will the winners be declared and by whom?

Rebellion can take many shapes. It can be violent or peaceful. Do Indigo's have the ability to transform the society they live in or will they remain in the hinterland as far as the halls of power are concerned?

As the numbers of Indigo's increase, will people who are not gifted remain quiet?

Indigos have been nothing but the brunt of jokes and ridicule on this forum. All aspects of their personality as well as their mental health have been under fire by those who fear them. You all saw what happened in the past Indigo threads.

As have those who consider themselves aliens. There have been contests concerning them as well. Read The Cull for an example.

Indigos, if you post a story on this thread it will do nothing more than feed the trolls. You don't need to prove ANYTHING to anyone until they are ready to receive you with Love and an open mind. This looks like an invitation to war.

I'm not asking you to post a story on this thread... make your own thread in Short Stories. This is just for questions. Did you even read the OP?

It's an exercise in writing FICTION, not a petition for the eradication of non-Indigo's or otherwise. Can it be that the Indigo's are of such special stature that they may not be mentioned? Sounds like a Monty Python skit if that's the case.

sp

[edit on 3/7/09 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

Thank you for that link. I find it informative.

Here's some food for thought:

The term indigo children originates with parapsychologist and self-described synesthete and psychic, Nancy Anne Tappe, who first described the concept in the 1970s. Tappe published the book Understanding Your Life Through Color in 1982 describing the concept,[1] stating that during the mid 1960's she began noticing that many children were being born with "indigo" auras[2] (though in other publications Tappe has said the color indigo came from the "life colors" of the children which she acquired through her synesthesia[3]). The idea of indigo children was later popularized by the 1998 book The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived, written by husband and wife self-help lecturers Lee Carroll and Jan Tober.[4] The promotion of the concept by Tober and Carroll brought greater attention and exposure to the topic, and their book became the authoritative source on indigo children. They describe the goal of indigo children to be a remaking of the world into one lacking war, trash and processed food, though if blocked from their goal they may end up murdering others or being institutionalized. Tappe states that individuals responsible for school shootings were indigo children.[5]*

en.wikipedia.org...

* bolding mine

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

What war. All that needs to be done to win it is to take away their ipods, and game consoles. The ensuing emo rebellion will claim millions of indigo lives after they cut themselves to death.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

well... there you are. A perfect scenario for the writing contest.

I hope you will submit a short story describing how denying such technology saved the world. Don't forget to put (IWWC) into the title.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join