It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles - Evidence Of Being Man Made

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I wanted to discuss this particular crop circle that I wasn't aware of till recently. I found out that it was made in three different stages, over a period of 9 days, and a red flag went up in my mind.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4570016c4b7b.png[/atsimg]

The fact that this took 3 different stages to create, points to it being man made. If aliens have some "powerful crop circle making technology" then why did it take them 9 days to create this? Why did it take them three different stages? Why didn't the farmer set up a camera after the first 2 stages?

I think I know why, because this is human made. The farmers probably agreed to have it made, and it was so big and complex that they couldn't possibly do it in one day or night. Yet a group of gullible people out there think some "aliens" did it!

I bet you this is NOT created by "aliens" trying to communicate with humans. I bet it is the opposite. It is created by HUMANS trying to communicate with "aliens"!

You guys are getting fooled! Very badly too!

--I think I know what some crop circle defenders are going to say. Something like; "The aliens made it in three different stages because it is probably relevant to the message they are trying to send us."
I think that would be called "grasping at straws".

***PLEASE - Do NOT bring any other crop circle's into this discussion to make your point. Please only discuss this particular crop circle, and why it was made it 3 different stages over 9 days. THANKS***

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Nice find!

I think it's safe to say that all crop circles are man made unless proved otherwise.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There's a famous crop circle that was made in two different nights, but nobody points to that fact when talking about it, they only point to the difficulty of making something like that on just one night...

As you don't want photos of other crop circles I will not post them.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

I like crop formations and as much as I wish they were made by aliens, as far as this one goes, I have to agree with you 100%. I'm not sure about other formations but, IMO, this one was man-made. It's nice to look at but the fact that it took so long to create makes it a little less impressive.

+36 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry but you bring absolutely zero evidence that these formations are man-made at all. Huge flaw in your thinking - you are assuming that the reason for the crop circle being built in stages is due to 'their' technical limitations.

What if the reason for the delay is to hold our attention? A familiar plot development motif is to provide suspense, and not put all your eggs in one basket as it were. If they are aliens behind it, they will know we are watching - they have a captive audience waiting for the next instalment.

The only way you can prove your hypothesis is to simply go out there and snap photographs of them caught in the act. Instead, the field reports on this particular crop circle point towards alternative explanations. We have orange lights in the sky caught on camera. Check out the field reports at cropcircleconnector.com. We have evidence of stretched and bent nodes. I would argue that we have tons more evidence of ET activity than we do of people coming in with boards strapped to their feet!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I agree with the poster above. There is no real evidence presented here either way.

But, as said above, what if it was done for a purpose? Perhaps we would not be able to take in the whole message if it was created all at once?

Perhaps there are three stages to the message, and us humans being the simple beings that we are would more likely draw one conclusion from a complete design, vs several conclusions / stages over a phased creation.

It is not as simple as deciding how many nights it was created over.

Besides, shouldn't the 'fact' or 'fiction' of the matter be determined by measures used in the past to decide whether is man-made or not (radiation, non-broken stems, changed genetic structure etc).

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

The problem is that, by that way of thinking, we need photos of Aliens making the crop circles to prove that they are made by Aliens, and I have never seen any photo like that.

So, we don't have photos of people making crop circles, and we don't have photos of Aliens making crop circles. But we know that people live near those crop circles and we do not have any proof that Aliens live near that crop circle, so I guess that the best bet, if I was a betting man, would be on "man-made", after all, we know that men exists, we don't really know if Aliens exist.

Oh, and I have yet to see a crop circle too complex to be made by humans.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

I found that the crop circle in my original post has similarities to other crop circles made in the same location. Crop circles that are being pushed around the web as if they are not man-made;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12c8b5679f21.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/180176840d41.png[/atsimg]

As you can see, they are all linked together, and they are all found in the same location. This is evidence that it is the same group of people who are going around and probably making a living off of doing this.

On ATS I have noticed a few individuals who are link spamming "cropcircleconnector" dot com, and "ccvault" dot com. Those web sites are only using ATS, and other places, to help with their crop circle DVD sales. I am highly suspicious about that activity. I can probably even predict a few user names who will come here and defend these websites.

DVD sales could be a motive for creating these man-made crop circles. Also, website revenue from advertisements could be another. I even read that some of these farms are getting very high traffic to them every time there is a crop circle, I don't know if they charge people to see the crop circle, but that could also be another motive for farmers to create crop circles.

I would be HIGHLY suspicious of ANY crop circle, because there are many websites, businesses, and people, who are making money off of those who are genuinely curious about crop circles. They are probably taking advantage of your beliefs, and possibly could be hurting the reputation of "UFOlogy".

[edit on 2-7-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Comment on last post ... How does 'similar' designs = man-made?

Perhaps similar designs = similar message (or part thereof).

I am not saying 'aliens' have created these, but your examples are very narrow minded.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with the above poster. Saying that because they are similar in design as well as shapes concludes that they must be man made?

Or it could simply be the same "aliens" making them, with the same writing and speech processes. I am not saying I believe they are alien made or man made. For me there is not enough proof either way to make a choice for myself. As it comes to crop cricles I find them to be masterful works of art and a joy to look at.

I will say this, if they are all man made then my hats off to the people creating them as they are beautiful and must take alot of hard work to pull off some of the ones I've seen that show up over night.

As for the one posted by the OP, I find this one to be particularly captivating and beautiful. I will say this being created over three nights does strike the hoax nerve in me, but some here have stated some good reasons as to why "Aliens" would choose to create this one over three nights, like I said, just not enough proof either way for me to fully decide.

I will say if I was making these I would have a hard time not taking credit for some of them, cause damn they are awsome.

edit for spelling

[edit on 7/2/0909 by Trayen11]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by realist00

First off, all of these "crop circles" that I posted are all found in the same LOCATION. Meaning whoever is making these lives in the UK, and lives near the crop circles. Second, all of the crop circles found in that area all have the same "signature", the same basic design, which also points to it being the same group who is making it.

Why isn't this design found in crops in other places? Why not have a similar design in USA? Why all the same designs, in the same location, and not other locations?

Well, because HUMANS are known to leave "signatures" in their art work. For example, there are professional detectives who study handwriting of people. They can look at peoples handwriting, and even art work, and they can tell who did it. They can compare to other writing and art work, and there will always be evidence of that person. It's in their "signature" that they subconsciously show in their work.

In this newest crop circle (the only reason I'm showing this c.c. is because it's linked the the original c.c. in my first post) you can see "circles";

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43c1b3598e29.png[/atsimg]

The fact that the base of the design is around "circles" is SUPPORTING EVIDENCE that it is human made, because "circles" are the most easy shape for humans to create in crops. If this was some "advanced alien technology" making these images, why are most of them creating such easy shapes for humans to make? All you need to make a circle is a piece of string or rope.

I know there are crop circles out there that aren't based around "circles" but the majority of them are. This to me is a sign that simple human tools were used, and not "alien" technology.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am thinking long dead ancestors more and more.So it could be Aliens AND people.Just dead people,which is pretty alien.This could explain their apparent concern for us(this is purported to be a warning to the wise)and also their seeming limitations.These are ancient forms,called Fairy rings in folklore.Fairies are thought by some to be long dead ancestors.The language looking bits look to me like what the "Language"Terrence McKenna used to intone as elf language would look like written down.By the way,I'd bet a thou no one (living person/s)will be caught en delecto flagrante in a field,with a map,some sort of apparatus for laying out and a means of trempling stalks for a year.Put up.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Good point! They have their starships and god knows what else advanced technology... but yet they cant finish a crop circle in one night!

Or maybe their just trying to show off by making it bigger than normal so it wont look crappy next to the giant horse

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i find it hard to believe people would find the idea that extraterrestrials travel the vast distances from their home worlds and discover earth, begin studying it, and decide to... make images in their crops to be reasonable.

primarily, WHY would they do it? i can think of no reason. if they wanted to communicate, there are plenty of ways to attempt contact. the fact they are exclusively made at night really screams man-made secretively to me. why oh why would aliens try to hide their communication attempts? until they were done of course. doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of saying "hey, we think you're interesting, look at us we found you!" Why wouldn't they simply hover over a major city for an extended period of time, say several days? Landing would be quite risky though, any time the seal on their ship was broken (anything coming in from outside period) they would all be in tremendous risk, probably doomed. Unless you are idiotic enough to believe life from an entirely different ecosystem would not only have no problems breathing our air, but would have defense mechanisms for each and every one of the thousands upon thousands of threats our ecosystem has, such as bacteria.

second, why are they visual representations? its actually rather rare for an animal on our own planet to have sight as its *dominant* sense. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn an extraterrestrial race used smell or hearing as its dominant sense, and communicated by say, releasing chemicals into the atmosphere and their equivalent of writing (semi permanent language) would be rubbing chemicals on a surface. even assuming they understood we have sight as our primary sense and communicate audibly and decided to try to communicate visually, why is everything so readily recognizable? I'll tell you why. Because every single representation of anything was produced by a human brain. Unless you assume you would know what you were looking at if an alien who saw poorly in the infrared spectrum drew a flower.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
retracted

[edit on 2-7-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing I would argue that we have tons more evidence of ET activity than we do of people coming in with boards strapped to their feet!

Where is this 'tons of ET evidence'?

Orange lights in a country famous recently for Chinese lantern releases hard counts as ET evidence, only that one of the circle makers released some lanterns

If you really had 'tons of ET evidence' we can call CNN and make you famous

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
I'm sorry but you bring absolutely zero evidence that these formations are man-made at all.

I'm sorry, but you bring absolutely zero evidence that these formations are alien-made.

I have SUPPORTING evidence, that they are man-made, but I don't have PROOF. Yet

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
THANK YOU OP!

On ATS I have noticed a few individuals who are link spamming "cropcircleconnector" dot com, and "ccvault" dot com. Those web sites are only using ATS, and other places, to help with their crop circle DVD sales. I am highly suspicious about that activity. I can probably even predict a few user names who will come here and defend these websites.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this and thought these alleged
"crop circles" were completely BUNK! I don't know how its so easy for
some people to suspend their disbelief.

I would be HIGHLY suspicious of ANY crop circle, because there are many websites, businesses, and people, who are making money off of those who are genuinely curious about crop circles. They are probably taking advantage of your beliefs, and possibly could be hurting the reputation of "UFOlogy".

BINGO!

I believe these are man-made, WITHOUT A DOUBT IN MY MIND.

But, if someone is happier believing this is anything other than a SAD,
albeit talented, group of people who are creating these for the purpose
of generating a source of revenue, then IGNORANCE TRULY IS BLISS.

“There's a sucker born every minute”

Some things will never change... Good luck Once Once.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
EXHIBIT A

Crop circles used to be the work of amateur pranksters. Now, flattening wheat fields is a lucrative commercial enterprise. Kate Burt meets the Circlemakers.

06 July 2004

Rod Dickinson clearly remembers the night he made his first crop circle. It was the summer of 1991, just months before the famous crop-circle hoaxing duo, Doug Bower and Dave Chorley, came out about their nocturnal wheat-flattening activities; a time when the nation was still gripped by the idea that aliens might feasibly have been parking up in fields at night, all over the southern English countryside.

"No one had really mooted the idea these things might have been man-made," says Dickinson, an artist, "as far as people were concerned, me included, there were definitely other possibilities; at least some unexplained natural phenomena. I was fascinated." So when a friend challenged Dickinson to join him in an illicit attempt to create their own crop circle, the pair found themselves on their knees in the middle of the night, with a not very elegant, not very round mess on their hands.

Thirteen years later, Dickinson has just completed what he estimates to be his 500th foray into the art of what's come to be known as "circle-making". This time, things were a little different. The medium was sand, not crops, and the ambitious formation replicated a photographic image that Dickinson and his circle-making partner, John Lundberg, 35, had spent several weeks translating into a series of co-ordinates on a computer-design programme. From this, they'd created complex numerical spreadsheets, filled with measurements, from which his team of 13 assistants worked. He'd also secured advance permission from the landowner; there was a four-strong BBC film crew to capture the work in progress; a helicopter booked so a photographer could capture the end result, and a PR. Oh yes and, this time, he and Lundberg got paid several thousand pounds for their efforts by the satellite channel UK TV Gold, who commissioned the piece to launch their new comedy season.

Once Once, your gonna LOVE this line...

But how does it feel to have a huge corporate logo slapped in the middle of your land? Very good, says a farmer paid £500 apiece for two fields to be used for Circlemakers' jobs. "If they'd been put in by an alien and I hadn't been paid, I'd have been hopping mad."

Cereal Entrepeneurs

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Exhibit B

The Sunday Telegraph
The fellowship of the rings
By David Harrison
(Filed: 25/07/2004)

'It makes me chuckle sometimes," says John Lundberg, gazing across a wheat field in central England. "If somebody had said to me 10 years ago that today I'd be flying all over the world making crop circles for big companies and being paid for it, I'd have said they were mad."

The rewards for the crop circle entrepreneurs are high and growing. The AMD job was the group's most lucrative so far. Mr Lundberg is unwilling to give precise details, but says the contract was worth "tens of thousands of pounds". The budget for the Big Brother campaign was estimated to be £250,000, and for Orange's Wiltshire project about £100,000. "We are doing well," Mr Lundberg said. "We are all earning a very healthy living from crop circles."

£100,000.

Hey Once Once... my company is down sizing... ya wanna go make some circles DANG

And what about the farmers?

Landowners are benefiting too, receiving payments - from the companies or circle-makers - for allowing their fields to be used for the work. The income easily covers the damage to crops, leaving farmers with a profit.

Richard Cowan, who farms 1,500 arable acres in Oxfordshire, has twice - last
year and in 2002 - allowed Mr Lundberg's company to make crop circles on his land for Orange. He was unwilling to say how much he was paid, but another farmer, in Wiltshire, said that the going rate was "at least £500 for each circle and sometimes much more". Mr Cowan said that the circles had caused him to him to lose about £200 worth of crop, giving him a "decent profit" from the deal.

He would be "unhappy" if people crept on to his land at night to make crop
circles - unless he was properly compensated. "Nobody wants damage to their crops, but the key thing is whether you are paid for it," he said. "I'm happy for my fields to be used as long as I know about it and I get compensation. I used to believe crop circles were made by aliens, but there's no money in aliens. It's much better this way."

Sunday Telegraph

Well now...

As any good gumshoe Detective will tell you... "Follow the money..."

So how much are those CD's? Maybe I need to start rethinking my free info policy... I see lawyers making $200.00 a pop searching for patents for people that I get free...

Yup I'm an idiot

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join