It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aletter from my Senator, David Vitter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So I write him about once a week it seems like on every controversial bill and I am usually a real Bitch to him and threaten him and he or his staffers are always so nice even when I call on the phone and abuse them

so he wrote me this concerning the trade and crap bill...he seems to get it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If I could only get a letter like that from Barbra Boxer or Diane Feinstein.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

Great work, JulieMills! Give 'em hell! You're a shining example of how we should all be participating in the legislative process. We elect these people for a reason, and if they need to be reminded of that, so be it.

TA

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If I could even get a reply from Blanche Lincoln (D-Ar). She got elected, moved to Washingtion, and only comes home when it's an election year. But I keep giving all of them hell.
My hat is off to you JulieMills, for standing up to the sob's who are running our country in the ground.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate

Great work, JulieMills! Give 'em hell! You're a shining example of how we should all be participating in the legislative process. We elect these people for a reason, and if they need to be reminded of that, so be it.

TA

thanks!

my other senator is Mary landrieu is a Dem and she never writes me back, I guess she knows I already won't vote for her so she doesn't care.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
now send him one about auditing the fed!!!

Its got a majority on the commity
i cant wait

wooo what a great time we live in feels like the 60s but without the flowwers but ipods phones and BRAINS!!

LETS GET EM PEOPLE :p Now its our time!!!

Oh yea great thread S+F for being a bitch and givving a dammmmm

respect

[edit on 2-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I just wish more of us would take the time and write a stupid email! it doesnt take anything and they actually read them!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

well im from the uk so i cant really.. but i totaly agree we are being shafted right and left

I dont want to make you more mad but...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you will be interested in what i found, enjoy!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i'm sure the op is aware but others aren't

he didn't write this letter directly to the op,,,,, this is a basic letter he sends to anyone who conjtacts him on this issue

basically,,,, it's standard issue

i write my senators ripping them a new one,,,,, and they will send these generic letters back,,,,, saying exactly the opposite of why a bill is inherently bad

for instance my senator is weak on illegal immigration,,,,, i sent him the facts of just the health care related costs of illegals,, which is ridiculous,,,,, and he sends me back a letter thanking me,,,, and why he supports illegals abusing our overworked, underfunded hospitals,,

i wanted to spit nails,,,,

however ,,,, either way,,, giving an earful of what you think is great and much more needed by all citizens

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

sure its a form letter but at least he responds and he has always voted the "right" way.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That is the best letter I have seen so far, my representatives here in GA while their letters always come on very nice quality paper
they always have to include a passage of the bible, not matter what the issue is about.

I wonder why
I think next time just to make it more interesting I will add that I am an atheist.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It is great seeing someone besides myself writing to my representatives in Congress. I also hope you take the time, like I do, to also write to the President, State elected Officials, county and local officials as well. We have to keep on them all the time if we want them to change their tunes, so to speak. Keep up the great job with what you are doing!

top topics

join