It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Atheists and the World's Religious Leaders agree on Jesus! Are they wrong?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
More:

In his famous book Mere Christianity, Lewis makes this statement, "A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic - on the level with a man who says he is a poached egg - or he would be the devil of hell."

Considering how he ended up on a crucifix, I think that's exactly how he was perceived by those who were not his followers. It wasn't until much later that this changed.

Now, on to my 'hypothesis', and again, I have no 'proof'. Today, UFO's, extraterrestrials and alien abductions are common knowledge. Some believe, some are not sure, and some disbelieve, but all are familiar with the phenomenon. Two thousand years ago, this was not the case. There was God (or Gods, depending on the ancient culture) and His Angels. If an extraterrestrial race, such as the infamous Greys, came to Earth to attempt a hybrid experiment, they would have been percieved as 'Angels' (the Jews had no concept of Satan, the Devil or Demons). If this race was telepathic, then they could have 'read' this from Mary and played off this belief to cover their true agenda. Had he inherited telepathy and telekenisis from his 'paternal' lineage, as well as who knows what other 'abilities', this could explain his being able to perform what appeared to be miracles. The separation of his alien/astral form from his human remains could explain his 'resurrection' and 'ascension', as well as the Shroud of Turin (if truly authentic). It would also allow the tomb described in The Lost Tomb of Jesus to be authentic and that the bones found in the ossuary enscribed with his name to actually be the human part of his remains. It's just one possible hypothesis to explain all of the 'evidence' (in quotes as some are in great dispute) available concerning Jesus.

If you really wish to understand my belief in the Divine, please read the OP in the thread I linked to on the bottom of my original post here on this thread (page 2 I believe). I really don't know how to say this without coming off as sounding superior, because I don't believe that my belief is superior to anyone elses, but I have expanded beyond most religions in reference to my beliefs in the Divine. It's what I feel deep down in my soul to be true. I believe there is no way to believe that is wrong, as long as it is what you believe deep down inside. The Divine realizes that we are simple creatures trying to grasp something that is far beyond our understanding or comprehension as corporeal beings. Now using your beliefs to control the actions and behavior of others (beyond common ethics such a murder, rape, etc.), that I do have a problem with. To quote the Wiccan Rede: "...And it harm none, do what ye will!"

edit for spelling and punctuation.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

<< 2  3  4   >>

join