It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap Singing in the Louisiana Legislature!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's nice to see that there is so much work being done in the Louisiana house....What a freaking waste of tax payers dollars!!!!!!
This guy raps about Halle Berry for some unknown reason. Is this what Louisiana has come to...for crying out loud someone tell me this is not the twilight zone!!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

That is Hurricane Chris, that is his song.

Why the hell he is talking to the LA legislature I have no idea. That is funny though.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So... I'm going to try to guess what he came up and first said as an intro.

"Hi my name is g-thangy wizzy wazzy, I thank you for electing me to this position.... I know we are still five years later to incompetent to fix the katrina mess, and are in another hurricane season, that threatens the same disaster.

So I've decided that I would dedicate this rough times, to rehearse a song about a celebrity!

Halle berry, ohhhh, Halle Berry ohhh."

And i'm sure lousiana thugs are excited about this, "He gets me!", wait god help them when a hurricane comes again.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Damn son, that's wack. I mean, if you're gonna get up i front of lezzigizlature and spit a flow, at least be ABLE to flow. Hurricane Chris would get downgraded to depression if he tried to step in my face and flex that wack ish in the session.

He's a dumbass with no message who can't even rap his own song, i'm not impressed. I say that as a freestyle lyricist who wins battles and dominates cyphers. Poor lil feller' ain't got no brains.

That would be funny if he wasn't such an embarrassment to hip hop. It's just sad that people will relate his silly childish antics(as well as a long list of others who prove their idiocy publicly with pride) to the TRUE ART of rap and lyricism.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

Hip hop has gone south, along with everything else.

I mean we ALL remember hearing fergie un editted and live, on youtube, it was the most awful experience ever, and disappointing, most if not all of hip hop is editted so much that their real singing voice is like a toddler mumbling.

You can take anyone and edit them to have a good singing voice. Most of these guys are a joke.

Now if tupac was alive and went up there, he probably would of had a good message to send, and could send it well. This guy, I mean really Halle Berry? WTF

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yeah, it's sad, especially since actual real hip hop gets no exposure, only the illuminati-ized version from eMpTyV telling us how to enslave ourselves more efficiently.

I'd love to catch up with some of these fake industry toys and teach these little kids some lessons on how to handle their mic, and i'm not talking about how you hold the device, i'm talking freestyle sun tzu kung fu off the head show and prove without the booth or the editor, i'll kill your dj first so you gotta spit an acapella.

Sadly though there's "rap stars" out there who couldn't freestlyle their way out of a wet zig-zag if their producer's life was at stake. Nobody keeps it real no more, we keep it real when we rap, we stand around under streetlights in parks with a boombox and a circle of poets kickin hot out the oven fresh and tasty. We don't put up with hollow words, we'd kick philosiphy, science, math, politics, current events, compare angles, and discuss issues in a way that makes us all think. Now That's REAL hip hop, anyone can step in, and anyone can come and listen.

We'd draw a diverse crowd of poets and fans when we rock, and a few times we've ended up starting with 3 of us in a circle with a crappy boombox and by the end of the night the cops had the road closed off, the bar had us on the balcony, live drums, bass, guitars, a DJ, and damned near the entire population of downtown flooding the streets to capacity and rappers lined up waiting for their turn on the mic. That's the real, turn off the tv and go listen to the kid on the corner bust his rap cause he wants to express himself.

Sorry for the rant but fake rappers suck, they bring down those of us who engage in the skilled application of intelligent poetry with meaning and depth.

PEace!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
jesus i couldnt watch. that is pathetic

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It is extremely disturbing to me to see what is transpiring in the Federal as well as State governments. First we have that rediculas moment of silence in the House of Representatives for MJ. I mean for Gods sake did everyone forget he was brought up on charges of pedophilia!! He even admitted to sleeping with young boys in his bed and recomended everyone should do it!!! Then we have this idiot Rapping on the LA house floor ABOUT HALLE BERRY!!! This is no joking matter. We have descended from one of the greatest nations in history to the worlds RETARDED COUSIN!!! I am seriously considering moving myself and family out of the country at this point....and that is a hard pill to swallow. My family came over on the "DOVE" one of the three ships that started this country.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That was probably one of the most ignorant things I have ever seen.

Really nothing else to say. A quiet shake of the head I s'pose..

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i completely agree with you. There are way more important things to do in LA legis. This is sad and pathetic.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Spartak_FL]

top topics

join