It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bigfoot encounter at Flaming Gorge Utah

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I spent the whole time out on the water.
I have friends that live near the Uintas and, I've been telling them to keep an eye out for Bigfoot for years. Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Thanks for your thumbs up, toward the end of our 6 month camping
I guess we wore out our welcome! espically after our cat would'nt stop
breaking out of our trailor, screen door, she surely had a mission, wish
she could talk, and tell us what see saw!!! They never harmed her, an
they could of, but when the trailor shaking started we knew it was time
to vacate quickly, up to that point we were never really afraid, but after
that, the shaking and stuff we were really scard. But were never harmed!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Thankyou for your kind words, it was quite an experience. After it
happened, I did'nt expect any believers, but after about 6 months we
filed a B.F.R.O. report, a BFRO researcher contacted us, after hours of
telling about our experience, we took him to the actual area, he said the
fresh water supply, food sources, made an excellent area for the bigfoot, to survive.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

I could be wrong, but I have a strong feeling that more people have had experiences with Bigfoot-type creatures than we are led to believe. I think people feel that if they speak about their experiences, that others will judge them or think that they are nuts. So, more people keep it to themselves.

If we knew how many people actually had these encounters I think we would be astounded.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Im sure alot of people don't come forward, because no one would believe
them and ridicule them. sightings are ramdom, you don't expect them
they happen quickly, thus why there is always hardly if any evidence.
Even though we camped for 6 months, we never expected what happened.

I think they should be left alone, and not bothered or hunted!!!

one important thing I do remember, when telling my of my sighting, we
checked the moon phases that week, and there was a full moon, which
I thought was interesting, wonder if anyone else remembers this?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by truth/seeker]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I posted this reply to a similar thread and thought I'd post it here, seeing this one is more recent. I hope this isn't against ATS rules, I'm new!

Last summer, my friend was apart of a fire crew from Washington that went down to California to assist in that huge fire they had. He was telling me about a guy he met, I forgot the specific job the guy did but it was something nicknamed 'hotshots' or something like that. So this guy was telling him about all of the things he's seen in the forests (his dad was a ranger and he grew up out in the woods) one being about Bigfoot.
Now, it's easy to try and scare some kid at night in camp but as my friend was telling me he could tell by the look in the guy's eye, the straight forwardness of the story like it wasn't a big deal because it was a fact to him, that he was truthful.
Anyway, here's the story:
The hotshot was dropped ahead of the fire to start a fire wall to try to move the blaze to another direction. After he did his job, him and his buddies were walking to the extraction location when they heard a noise in a bush. It was a low rumble, sort of throaty sound. Now keep in mind this guy grew up in the woods and he knew just about every noise any animal could make. At first they thought it was a bear but the guy knew it wasn't. Some primal intuition gave him the impression to fear and get the hell out of there. (Side story here: For fun these guys throw axes at trees to see who could throw the furthest and hardest, most accurate, etc. and this guy was one of the best. He hardly missed a target) So him and his friends stopped in their tracks, eyes wide, not knowing what was watching them. The hotshot, got out his axe and told his friends, "On three, I'm gonna throw my axe and we all get the F out of here"
So he threw, MISSED, and ran like hell was at his feet. The helicopter couldn't make it to the EZ so they had to set up camp. That night when they were all in their tents, the same rumble came back and this time it was right outside of the hotshot's tent. The next thing the guy knew was that his knee was in excruciating pain. Whatever it was drug the guys tent 50 feet from the other within an instant and the guy hit a rock that banged up his knee really bad. He stumble out and noticed how far he was from the others. It almost seemed like the thing was getting revenge.
So my friend asked, "Think it was Bigfoot?"
The hotshot looked him in the eye and said, "I know it was a Bigfoot. Those things are everywhere around here. You can think what you want but I've seen them. A crew stumbled upon a TRIBE of them, I can give you the coordinates to that exact location (Which no crew will ever step within 10 miles of the place). When the crew came back and told everyone, a day later government guys came to the camp and told everyone to shut the hell up about it.
"You see that tree? (he pointed to a huge tree about 100 feet away) A Bigfoot can be up there and in less than a couple seconds he can jump down, and be right in my face before I knew what was happening."
He went on to say that the Bigfoot's are super intelligent and are basically one with nature, that's why hardly anyone gets a chance to see them. They don't want to be seen. They can blend with the forest as natural as bark on a tree. He also claims that the tribes of Bigfoot's fight each other! True or not it was an interesting story full of intrigue.
Also this is an account of a friend telling me what a guy told him last summer at a fire camp. So who knows?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Thank you for responding with some location info.

This thread of yours has inspired me to start asking Utah oldtimers at my work about bigfoot. The first one I asked had some good material. He mentioned an evidently well-known respectable sighting some 20-30 years back involving a bunch of scoutmasters that made the Salt Lake Tribune (eventually when I run across this I'll post a link to it). Better, he told me of the experience of his nephew, twenty-some years ago (who is now a doctor and still swears he's not lying), who came across footprints similar to the ones shown in your video while hiking in some place called "Red Canyon, east of Oakley"...supposedly this was just kept on the level of a family story and not collected or publicized.

He also told me some interesting old Mormon lore or culture or traditions about bigfoot, which he recounted quite seriously and which I had never heard before. (This is not official LDS doctrine, there's a lot of stuff written by early Mormon church leaders, "apostles" and others, that has some weight among those of the faithful so inclined, much like Islamic hadith, or folk tales about Catholic saints - it ain't what the church teaches, but it is"what some folks think"). Evidently, traditionally in this area, bigfoot is identified with Cain, following from the scripture of how God put a mark on Cain "and made him immortal"-(my buddy recounted but I don't remember Cain being immortal)-"but it doesn't say what the mark on him was...". So in this scheme bigfoot's size, hair and stink, everything about him, are God's mark put upon him, Cain, for murder, and he wanders the earth and the backwoods forever, undying, like the wandering Jew.(Two points here - it makes you think early Mormons saw bigfoot a lot, to have worked up an explanation for him, and conversely, once this weird beast sighting had an explanation that fit in the world-view, it would have been easier for the early Mormons to tell others the tale when they did see him). My buddy recalled one authority in particular, in this vein, some early apostle or whatever who encountered bigfoot in Missouri. The man was riding his horse down a dirt path when he came upon bigfoot, walking upright, and bigfoot's eyes were level with the man's eyes atop the horse. And as the man looked into bigfoot's eyes, they had a telepathic communication, and the man thought that he could feel bigfoot's sorrow, pain, curse, and anguish. (Pretty trippy for 150 years ago).

So anyway, anything else along these lines I find out at work or otherwise in the next little bit I'll be posting it here.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention also the detail that just as God put the mark on Cain in part to prevent any man from killing him, or else God's curse would then fall upon you (just as it had been upon Cain) for killing Cain...likewise this (in this Mormon tradition) applied to bigfoot, and if you killed bigfoot, you would be under God's curse, don't do it.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
there is no magic, and whatever we saw/heard was a living breathing creature that can be killed, and can equally kill you. Also the mormon cult is insane in Utah, and I do not subscribe to their backwards beliefs.

Weather Squatch has some connection with UFO/aliens i have no idea, but this was a real creature, and it felt primal and angry.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bringmeachair

I love your story - even if it is third hand or something.

These stories just add to the intrigue for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I've seen bigfoot. I was camping with my family in the mount pleasant area in UT about 10 years ago. Since there really wan't much else to do, I wanted to go hiking--and was the only one in camp that was up for it. about 2 miles into the hike towards the mountain I heard a growling sound coming from thick brush unlike any I've heard before (even compared to TV shows). I decided it was probably would be a good idea to high tail it out of there. I turned and started running back. Thank the Gods I'd done a lot of running that year, cuz the freaking thing chased/ran with me the whole way down to the tree line. I watched it running along side me, about 12 feet from the trail all the way. To this day I wonder what the purpose of such an encounter was about, because I'm sure it could have had me if it wanted. But I definitely know they're out there.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I've heard of that before, the chasing but not catching behaviour. Wonder what that's about.

I've also read accounts where the person being chased falls over and the bigfoot waits for them to get up, then chases them again. Seems like they're protecting their territory. Anybody got any other explanation for this?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Wow, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! Could you maybe describe the growling sound??

Heffo- It could be that it's just trying to get the human out of it's territory, like you said. It could also (less likely) be trying to tire out the person before attempting to attack it, which is a technique that some predators use. But I think the former is much, much more likely.

[edit on 7/29/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Bigfoot, I love this topic.

Some facts about Bigfoot, in no particular order, which are all related nonetheless.

1) Bigfoot are an endangered species and must be elusive for that reason.
2) They wont be found unles if its meant to be found.
3) Most people who have seen bigfoot have had a close encounter that was erased but they just dont know how lucky they were.
4) Bigfoot are not related to humans.
5) Live in ships, underground, surface, and in space stations above Mars.
6) Sasquatch - Martians
7) Cannot travel between dimensions
8) The ships that they are on travel between the planets are tagged and monitored (by god knows who).
9) Only a select few are allowed to come to Earth though
10) They probably think humans smell
11) They throw rocks as warnings, but the other alternative is much worse
12) Fur coats = chillider on Mars
13) Probably work for the maintenance department when the war was lost on Mars

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbapug1985

Hi Bubbapug1985, got any evidence to support your "facts".

I'd be most interested to see anything you've got to support your statements.

I have a very open mind, but not so much that my brain's gonna fall out.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Too bad this thread just 'died'. Some great info in it!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

It will stay in the ATS archives forever. You can flag the post to save it, instead of bumping 5 year old threads

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
bumped it due to recent interest in the area, it reminds people about the Flaming George area.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join