It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bigfoot encounter at Flaming Gorge Utah

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I remember watching a discovery channel show about sasquatch like creatures from around the world. A man living in a area in indonesia where they say there are a lot of man/ape sightings and even attacks recounts a very similar event happening to him.

He said he was a bout a 1/4 mile in the jungle on a trail when he heard what sounded like tree trunks snapping nearby. like something was purposefully demonstrating it's power by snapping small trees, as if to intimidate. THen he saw the creature about 50 feet away semi hiding behind a tree trunk. said the creature was about 8 feet tall. The creature then basically crouched down the same way a front ends man or running back would right as they are about to launch into a sprint. THe man said there was no mistaking the hostile / almost predatory body posture and immediately turned and ran for the car and the main road/ or simply to the clearing where I guess civilization was not sure which it was.

Said that the apeman started chasing after him. but instead of running after him down the trail decided to chase him by paralleling the trail. Said it was running and keeping up with him no matter how fast he ran with apparent ease smashing the undergrowth and breaking everything in it's way like it was cutting through the forest like butter. said he was astonished by it's power and agility. it was chasing him. felt like it was going to snatch him at any moment but never did. wasn't sure if the creature was trying to intimidate him away from it's territory, playing with him before a kill. because he had the distinct impression that it could have gotten and killed him at any moment.

Doubt mace would work. Besides even blindly flailing around in pain from the macing the creatures arms could still kill you pretty easily even by accident. I still think that if I were to mace a bull or something of equal power it's thrashing would get me seriously injured.

The bullhorn is a great idea. Could intimidate the creature away. or it could provoke it into charging and killing a perceived threat.

A gun might work. but keep in mind people are often shot by guns and don't even realize it. Animals like cougars and mountain lions often require a lot of shots from small caliber rifles like , sheriffs AR15's before they are felled. So shooting a charging sasquach might not be effective. the creature will bleed out or die from infection but it will probably have killed you first. Some animals when they perceive their life is in danger will not stop until either they kill the threat or are killed. tigers are like that. sasquatch might be too.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I'm headed to the Gorge on Sunday for a few days. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open.

so did you ever go to the gorge? If so did you see/hear anything?

Again we went to a special location at a specific time. I dont live anywhere near utah or I would have gone there again. If you went please share your story even if nothing happened.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'll make a note of this thread on one of my many fishing trips to flaming gorge.

I'll keep you posted. Heck now that i know about this I'll take a camera with me next time.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Honestly I never believed such a thing existed even with supposed video evidence that was recanted as a hoax or just plain debunked.

That is until I saw an interview of a family where the father ran into one and came back to the camp site packed everyone up and left saying he would never camp anywhere near there again.

After leaving the camp he then told his family why he had them pack up and leave. The guy genuinely sounded horrified during the interview.

After that I really started leaning towards it being possible something on a large scale of an ape ancestry might still exist that hasn't been scientifically documented yet.

Pictures and all for me I don't take a hole lot of stock in but the actual interview in the case I mentioned had me scratching my head and wondering.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
dude have you heard the 911 call where the guy has a bigfoot in his back yard and he doesn't want to say it over the phone to the cops. he just kept saying it's very big it's not a bear get over here and bring your guns. That call sounded very real I think it was genuine. you could hear the shock in his voice when he finally figures out what is roaming around his back yard.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Couldn't find a copy of that interview and post it here could you?

Here's the other account mentioned:

www.bfro.net...

Northwest 911 Call from Washington. Courtesy of BFRO website.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I have encountered a bigfoot, I find your story very credible, they sound

threatning, but usually stay away from people, unless provoked!!

my daughter and I camped for 6months in Wi. Our sighting, and other

experiences are on the B.F.R.O. website.

bfro.net...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

possible photo of bigfoot poo? Most likely a bear though.

I seriously would have gotten that tested.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Thats interesting there seem to be 2 accounts, where it is kind of gentle, and where it has glowing red eyes and seems demon possessed.

The poo looks to me like black bear but could be wrong if there were berry seeds I would venture that (but like you're really willing to check lol)

Bullet calibre is irrelevent, like they say it doesnt matter when I put two in your heart one in the mind

BUT remember the accounts where people shoot point blank to no effect. I dont believe sasquatch is like us I think it is spiritual

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by hiii_98

possible photo of bigfoot poo? Most likely a bear though.

I seriously would have gotten that tested.

we actually scouped some up and put it into a plastic bag. Then we decided it was just silly to carry around. We found this on the stream near the spot where we LATER found the bigfoot foot prints (Had i saw this AFTER i would have saved it). Well after carrying a bag of $hit around all day we decided it was silly and probaby bear poop so we tossed it... big mistake? The terds did look human like in comparison to wolf/antelope ect...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

thats what my friend told me , and he was shocked at this creatures demeanor this time. He said he has never had a aggressive or hostile reaction ever before and has always been under the impression they were gentle and curious. He/theutahbigfoothunter said that this changed his entire outlook on the subject and now understands why some other seasoned investigators with the BFRO that he had met always stayed near their vechicle during the investigation...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well also remember if they are vaguely human they would have similar capabilities, right? I mean we're not nice guys 24/7 occasionally we get to be the asshole

Plus you were in its territory. Maybe you stepped on its branch collection?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Well think about it...

"IF" There is a Bigfoot in the same area it would most likely eat the same things that support a bear population so it's poo would potentially look the same or have the same content.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I was just up in Flaming Gorge last month.
Being local Utah I wonder if there's any chance you could give directions as to the spot where this happened?
(I won't slag you if the directions are not like "then go 0.8 miles" etc. But how about giving it a shot? It seems sporting, know what I mean? Or if you would rather keep such info private due to affiliation with some group like Utah UFO Hunters or whatever, could you indicate that (which might serve as inducement to people to join the group)?
Anyway, nice work and praise to your experimental attitude.
Utah is full of weird stuff, all day everyday amen, pretty much.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

There are some researchers that believe that bigfoot are inter-dimensional creatures, that they can materialise or de-materialise at will. Might explain why they can't be killed and no bodies found.

I have read quite a few accounts where they have been shot and then they've just disappeared right in front of the shooter.

I remember reading of an account here in Australia where a woman and her dog were out bushwalking. The dog started going nuts and the woman could hear large footsteps coming towards her and see something crushing the grass down as it approached. Can't remember exactly but I think it forced her to jump off the side of a mountain or at least seriously contemplate doing so.

Also in the book "The Psychic Sasquatch" there's a story where a woman who's holidaying in a cabin cannot always see the bigfoot even though she senses its presence. When she turns around again it is there.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Regarding the poo...

If you have any reason to believe, ever, that some sort of trace of an animal is the trace of a cryptid... this is what you should do:

Be it hair, fur, poo, whatever... try not to touch it with your bare hands. The best thing is to take a baggie, turn it inside out, put your hand in it, and grab whatever it is... then invert and close the bag. That way your human DNA doesn't get on it.

I remember watching a show where they had hair from a branch in an area where there were tons of bigfoot sightings. And they tested it and got a partial human result, really broken up DNA patterns, but didn't know if it was transfer DNA because the guys didn't wear gloves, or because it was human hair.

And then send it to a laboratory. If you have some reason to believe it is a cryptid, like a weird sound or a sighting, I would go talk to a professor at a college. A professor of zoology or biology, probably, who might forward you to the genetics guys. They will probably talk to you, and if they're interested they would probably do the test for free.

There was some DNA testing going on regarding the North American Dog Eating Wolf, if I remember correctly. It's a critical part of cryptozoology, this sort of evidence. If every person who finds weird poo sends it to a lab, eventually it will be the poo of a new species.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth/seeker
I have encountered a bigfoot, I find your story very credible, they sound

threatning, but usually stay away from people, unless provoked!!

my daughter and I camped for 6months in Wi. Our sighting, and other

experiences are on the B.F.R.O. website.

bfro.net...

I went to the link and read your stories. I found everything about them quite credible also (not like I'm a bigfoot expert but I am an expert on lying people). Thanks for bringing your material to my attention and nice to know you're on ATS.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

Your experience is so amazing. Thank you for linking to it here on ATS.

I've never had an encounter with one, I wouldn't particularly like to. But I have heard from many people exactly what you said, they sound dangerous but are generally more afraid than anything else.

I've also heard reports of the shaking of trailers or vans before. That's a really strange occurrence. It's probably a way of saying "Goodness, what is this on my property? I wish it would leave..."

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

I was just up in Flaming Gorge last month.
Being local Utah I wonder if there's any chance you could give directions as to the spot where this happened?

www.bfro.net...

that was the report we based our initial interest in. The location is very close to our hotspot.

YEAR: 2008

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: December

DATE: 07

STATE: Utah

COUNTY: Daggett County

LOCATION DETAILS: 3 miles west of flaming gorge dam in utah

NEAREST TOWN: vernal

NEAREST ROAD: highway 44

another potential sighting that caught our interest and sounded similar to our own

www.bfro.net...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by hiii_98]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join