It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bigfoot encounter at Flaming Gorge Utah

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
we walked deep into the woods at a recent hotspot of bigfoot sightings at the Flaming Gorge in Utah. We made bigfoot calls and recieved a semi close response. It was a loud scream. We next proceeded to make wood knocks with a large branch against a tree. Much to my absolute shock and horror what sounded like a small tree wacking the hell out of another tree in response to our knock sounded in response. We were semi deep in the woods and the "knock" occured almost 60-80 yards away followed by deep gutteral monkey like grunts. We ran for our lives back to the car, whatever it was was now making its way directly towards us. Once to the car the creature was now still advancing our position and was making deep "whooping" like sounds, grunts, and a bark. I'm convinced it was moments away from crashing through the woods and towards the car. I was with another poster here "utahbigfoothunter" and he immediatly floored the gas and sped out of the location to my dismay as we were moments away from witnessesing something that supposedly doesnt exist. We went back the following day and found these footprints next to the location we were initially positioned at in the woods. I've now gone from a skeptic to a believer. I think this is a real creature/animal i think it was extremely extremely large and powerful... finally i dont think this is the cute cuddly curious ape that people make it out to be. We both agree that it sounded aggressive and that our lives were potentially in jeapordy as a result of enticing this creature from the woods. I have attached a video showing the tracks we found. The toe prints were clearly defined and the foot itself was massive and broad. Part of me wishes we had waited another minute before leaving and another half wonders if i'm still here able to write this story as a result of leaving so abruptly.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
well your video isnt convincing of anything. that didnt look a whole lot like a foot print to me.

and as you know (or should anyways) anecdotal evidence isnt that good of a type of evidence.

too bad you didnt get any video of what you claim happened.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've seen a Bigfoot with my own eyes and quite frankly, it scared the living daylights out of me.

Just one question though, what's the point in hunting a Bigfoot if you're going to run away when you find one?

I don't look for them and hope to never run across one again. Once was enough for me.

Still, you've brought more evidence to the discussion than I ever will so kudo's for you.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
"Just one question though, what's the point in hunting a Bigfoot if you're going to run away when you find one? "

A. i'm not "utahbigfoothunter" i didnt even believe in this creature honestly and came largely unprepared

B. I dont live in Utah and didnt feel like bringing my gun with me on the plane. If i had a gun i severely doubt i wouuld have followed his lead running.

C. Its easy for people to critize our decision to run as you weren't there and have no idea the level of fear something of this size and agility creates.

also keep in mind the encounter occured in the dead of the forest with absolutely ZERO campground or people for 20 miles, at 1am at night.

I've seen a Bigfoot with my own eyes and quite frankly, it scared the living daylights out of me.

i completely understand your concern

[edit on 2-7-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Well, I am glad you did not bring your gun! I am a gun advocate, and I would have brought mine on the plane, and to the woods, but it sounds like you would have considered using it on possibly the rarest of animals in the world?!?!

It makes no sense to travel so far, entice the animal, get a response, and then run away or shoot at it?

You are correct that we didn't experience what you did, but it sounds like you got exactly what you asked for?

In your defense, I do think the footprint looks legit. It appears the creature was stopping and slid in the soft mud a little. I don't see the toe marks you mention, but the foot is very broad.

Now that you know where they are, go back with lights and a camera (no gun!), and this time be prepared with mace and a bull horn, and keep your wits about you!! We all want to see a video!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i like your idea about mace and a bullhorn. I was thinking the same thing. The toe prints were clearly defined to the naked eye and to the touch. I will be sure to bring plaster and make a cast next time. I'm positive if someone were in the area i could direct them to the location and the specific time for it to likely occur again.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I believe you, your encounter sounds typical and I closely looked at the video of the footprints where I could see toes, but alas that is not proof and the foot looked a bit to flat...

I research activly in the North cascades of Washington State and have done so very activly for the last 5 years and on/off for the last 20.

What happened in your situation is this, wood knocking we have determined is like a dinner bell on a ranch, to gather in the group spread out over a wide area. We believe that when wood knocking is heard foraging group members may sound back and start to gather, maybe at a big kill, or good fresh foraging who knows but it seems to be a method of communication to find and gather on.

What you did is sound back and it followed its ear to you...

Now the question is this, if you and your group went out on this mission with research in mind why were you not prepared to record any encounter, and why would you run from something you seek if your serious....

You probably dont realize this but this very post and your reactions reflect on all of us out there working very hard to protect this species. It is best before you go out again to get informed and go out with experienced people to learn how to control your emotions and fear, as well bring equipment to record such an event for they are very far and few between.

TooRisky

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Congratulations on your unexpected success! Great video, suggest you make a still and inspect the bottom of the footprint, they possess distinct patternsl and can be compared with casts taken from other contact sites. You and Utah are still the best at what you do..
I feel certain that you made the right choice to depart when you did, discretion is always the better part of valor.

Seriously advise you to count the number of "bigfoot" brought down every year with a gun before you actually fire one at them. I suggest honey or peanut butter would be more attractive and is certain to put them in a much better frame of mind.

Continued good luck .

[edit on 083131p://pm3146 by debris765nju]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Isn't this the second member who's reported Bigfoot action in northern Utah?

I would never second-guess a man on site, so if it seemed the right time to haul ass, then so be it.

If I thought I had a one in a million chance of running into a Bigfoot, I'd have some serious firepower, nothing smaller than a .44 magnum, and preferably a .460 in a handgun.

And would I shoot if I had identified my target? And it wasn't a man?

In a New York minute!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Isn't this the second member who's reported Bigfoot action in northern Utah?

I would never second-guess a man on site, so if it seemed the right time to haul ass, then so be it.

If I thought I had a one in a million chance of running into a Bigfoot, I'd have some serious firepower, nothing smaller than a .44 magnum, and preferably a .460 in a handgun.

And would I shoot if I had identified my target? And it wasn't a man?

In a New York minute!

there have been several recent sightings in NORTHERN Utah, and the BFRO just did a investigation at another sight on almost the same date I went (ha, they refused to let me go as I'm associated with the Utah Ufo Hunters group, which apprently they are disputing with).

I went to Utah to research SkinwalkerRanch and was wildly unprepared for the unexpected Bigfoot expedition. On top of it, honestly I didnt really believe in Bigfoot and assumed if it did exist i would never ever find it in my lifetime. I want everyone to know the saying is true that if you seek these things, you WILL find them...or in my case they found us.

To the other poster i would feel alot more confident if i had a gun on me, and my spotlight (which i left in the truck). This event was a total shock, and absolutely created a new obsession for me for which i will be much more prepared in the future. In addition i have no problem firing on a 800+ creature which intends to kill me while a mile deep in the woods far far from any form of civilization. I consider myself a steady and if anything aggressive/ballsy reasearch however I am not willing to wager my life for a picture

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hey hiii, now that you have had a little time to put things into retrospective. can you fill us in a little more on the details? What were your impressions when the creature charged? Did you ever attain a visual sighting? Did you get the impression that it was actually trying to catch you or just running you off it's hunting zone?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
Hey hiii, now that you have had a little time to put things into retrospective. can you fill us in a little more on the details? What were your impressions when the creature charged? Did you ever attain a visual sighting? Did you get the impression that it was actually trying to catch you or just running you off it's hunting zone?

Both of our impressions were that the creature intended to do harm, there was no doubt in my mind. I am an avid hunter and at home in the woods, i absolutely felt threaten by what was advancing. Its hard to explain but the demeanor in the vocals by the creature sounded like it wasn't happy about walking all the way over to visit us. I never attained visual, utahbigfoothunter did however and all that was witnessed was extremely large hairy legs, he did not see the upper portion of the body. I overheard the heavy heavy footsteps approaching the car and was shocked at how close they sounded. Not wanting to be grabed or surprised i amit i fled to the car. My friend thought i was joking and he walked to the back of the car to see the outline of the legs (as it was walking on the logger road but the trees hid the upper body). Also we conducted this research at 11-4am so it was extremely dark out. The following day we found the feet impressions. What struck me was the size and depth of each individual toe. Also our own feet failed to leave nearly as deep an impression (if even one at all!). Finally the woods is full of animals we fould large elk, definatly the presecense and tracks of bears, and deer. Again if anyone is in the area i'm sure i could direct you to the location and with some proper calls and wood knocks this creature(S?) would surface.

possible photo of bigfoot poo? Most likely a bear though.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Tramping in the wilderness in the darkness is a feat in itself. Throw in a few carnivores and large herbivores and life becomes even more interesting. Hunting cryptoids at night and attempting to communicate with them via methods they themselves use means your chances of encountering them magnify a thousandfold. If you plan on using this technique again i would suggest setting camera traps along your path of retreat. I have read several stories of people who have actually spent the night with bigfoot, waking up to find the bigfoot gone. Others have claimed to have escaped but i doubt that seriously. I firmly believe they let you go or you don't get away. Can you get dna from bigfoot poo?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm headed to the Gorge on Sunday for a few days. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

In 1977, my oldest sister was on her Honeymoon in the Uintahs, between Vernal and Dutch John. While camping there, the second or third evening, they both claim to have been accosted by Bigfoot that they both apparently saw. Needless to say, they made a hasty retreat and have never returned there. I never took much stock in their story of Bigfoot in the mountains of Utah. But I now have to reconsider their story, due your story and now apparently other rumored sightings in the same area. My sister and her new husband at that time, traveled the Highway from Vernal towards Flaming Gorge Dam. At the Summit of that same highway, in the Lodge Pole Pines, they took a dirt road and headed West towards or into the Wilderness Area - there they made their camp for their honeymoon week - cut short!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I'm headed to the Gorge on Sunday for a few days. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open.

if you want to know specifically where to go please u2 me! I'll tell you where and when to go, how we did the calls and wood knocks. I think the place and time were very important as we did go out previous nights.

Again dont hesitate to ask, and i dont want to post the location on open forum for fear of too many people causing a ruckus. If you go to the location please please report back on this forum, also bring bullhorn/mace and defiantly a deer camera trap. Leave a few voice recorders in the woods too (again i left all my gear at another location)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by delriorand
reply to post by hiii_98

In 1977, my oldest sister was on her Honeymoon in the Uintahs, between Vernal and Dutch John. While camping there, the second or third evening, they both claim to have been accosted by Bigfoot that they both apparently saw. Needless to say, they made a hasty retreat and have never returned there. I never took much stock in their story of Bigfoot in the mountains of Utah. But I now have to reconsider their story, due your story and now apparently other rumored sightings in the same area. My sister and her new husband at that time, traveled the Highway from Vernal towards Flaming Gorge Dam. At the Summit of that same highway, in the Lodge Pole Pines, they took a dirt road and headed West towards or into the Wilderness Area - there they made their camp for their honeymoon week - cut short!

that sounds EXTREMELY close to the area where we were located (near dutch john & the Dam)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
i like your idea about mace and a bullhorn. I was thinking the same thing. The toe prints were clearly defined to the naked eye and to the touch. I will be sure to bring plaster and make a cast next time. I'm positive if someone were in the area i could direct them to the location and the specific time for it to likely occur again.

Why did you guys go at night? Is that the best supposed time to catch a sighting of one or what?

I'm not doubting you but just wondering if a daytime search could have been safer for you and possibly easier to spot one.

Also remember, that you are walking on to his/it's home court advantage so just be as prepared as possible....And ya don't shoot it......

That is like somebody breaking into my house and being scared that I am actually there and shooting me to protect themselves....Doesn't really make sense does it?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by hiii_98

Why did you guys go at night? Is that the best supposed time to catch a sighting of one or what?

I'm not doubting you but just wondering if a daytime search could have been safer for you and possibly easier to spot one.

Also remember, that you are walking on to his/it's home court advantage so just be as prepared as possible....And ya don't shoot it......

That is like somebody breaking into my house and being scared that I am actually there and shooting me to protect themselves....Doesn't really make sense does it?

we are of the believe that the bigfoot are nocturnal creatures who hunt/gather at night. Yes this would have been much much much safer and i'm sure we would have demonstrated more courage had this occured during the day time so that would could have better identified the threat and the exact distance of the threat from us.

Yes I absolutely argee with you that i felt we were in its house on its terms I think i actually made that exact comment to UtahBigFootHunter... I felt like we were invading its space... His reaction was complete and utter surprise he said the event changed his entire perspective on the bigfoot phenomona as he assumed these were gentle curious giants... the raw rage/aggression was a new experience for him apparently.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I think there was more at work here than the sound and the fury of a large cryptid. I have noted that there is a "mental" assault as well much like that of a viscious bully getting into your face and hitting you with an emotional blast of rage, one that tells you they have just lost control and its your fault. Logic dictates that these huge mountain climbing, forest dwelling primates can catch you at any time they want to. You cannot hide from them, they can smell you. Everything you consume leaves a scent mixed with your body odor. This scent is supersized by fear. In a cold sweat...is still sweat.

Native americans had a tradition called "counting coup." In battle a warrior would run up, or ride up and touch the most fearsome of their foe than depart without doing them harm.

This is basically where you and UBFH are now, messin with sasquatch. This is not where you guys are going, even photograph's, video's and soundtracks will not satisfy your need to know. Your ultiimate goal will always be "contact." You probably won't believe me now but think about it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join