It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Obama' Think-Tank: Israel Should Cede Jerusalem Sovereignty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Very very interesting...

I don’t think there is a majority on either of this conflict that would agree to defer, let alone give up its claims to sovereignty...And as it stands, Isreal is already sovereign there, and wants to keep it that way.

We will see where this goes...

I find this particulary interesting that this report is released on the heels of the visit of the Pope to Jerusalem, and before Obama visits with the Pope on July 10, 2009

Israel: President urges govt to cede Christian sites to Vatican

4 May (AKI) - Israel's president Shimon Peres is pressing the government to hand over control of six key Christian sites to the Vatican, Haaretz newspaper reported on Monday. But the Vatican's longstanding demand that Israel transfer sovereignty of the sites has created dissent among senior officials in Jerusalem

A think tank which is arguably the most influential in Washington is proposing an “interim” neutral administration to govern Jerusalem instead of Israel.

The Center for American Progress (CAP), headquartered just three blocks from the White House in Washington, is regarded as one of the most influential think tanks in the city, if not the most influential. “

.......“The Chief Administrator would be appointed by both sides to administer the city according to the mandate they give him,” Bell said. “He would be accountable to them, but the mandate would have to be sufficiently forthcoming. They would have to agree that he would handle crises such as massacre, land-grab, or whatever, without their intervention.”

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Link to CAP Proposal
www.americanprogress.org...

[edit on 2-7-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Let's face it, if we allow the Israeli government to continue its undiplomatic underplay of international calls for peace, the beautiful place we know as the Middle East will seize to exist. I support this notion, and I'm sure many Americans will too. The Middle East situation has been created by the faulty state of Israel, and they should not contempt their regional counterparts by refusing to negotiate. Israel has ignored The President of the United States' advancements, so I am sure this will not be an exception. I humbly await the next move, when the President of the United States cuts off AIPAC, Israel as ally status, and all funds going to Israel. We must, and will, show that we're serious. However, speaking of divine intervention, I don't think Jerusalem's sovereignty will be ceded anytime soon – The Jews in Israel (www.hebrewisraelites.org...) NOT the Israelites of the Bible (www.hebrewisraelites.org...) has an important role to play (www.angelfire.com...), and this requires their existence in Israel.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Obama needs to leave Israel alone. No good could ever come from a forced land grab there. As far as I'm concerned we have no right to get involved there. It would just be another Iraq.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
Obama needs to leave Israel alone. No good could ever come from a forced land grab there. As far as I'm concerned we have no right to get involved there. It would just be another Iraq.

Oh man, you do realize that isreal illegally grabs land daily right??

I think the smart thing to bring about peace, would be to stop that first, then give back the land which the UN recognizes as illegal israeli settlements.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Center for American Progress, great.

There will be no peace in the middle east. The fanatics wont Israel destroyed. Even if Israel were to say here have the land were moving. The fanatics would still hunt them down and kill them.

There will never be peace in the Middle East until it ceases to exist. Just the way it is. They are religious fanatics willing to blow themselves up, nothing is going to change their minds.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well it seems that this was done under the Obama Administration...nothing different than the Bush Administration...

President Bush arrived in Jerusalem today to discuss plans for a peace settlement between Israelis and Palestinians. According to news reports, this settlement may involve dividing Jerusalem

article.nationalreview.com...

And it also seem that the Vatican is exerting it's own amount of pressure here...as if the Vatican should be able to tell Isreal what to do!

The dispute between Jerusalem and the Holy See threatens to overshadow Pope Benedict XVI's historic visit to Israel and the Palestinian territories next week.

Vatican officials have made it clear that they intend to reiterate their demand during the visit that Israel hand over control of the Coenaculum, the dining room of the house where Jesus ate the last supper, Army Radio reported.

www.adnkronos.com...

The Pope will be visited Isreal, and the Foreigh Ministry even launched a website promoting the visit.

fr.jpost.com...

February 20, 2008, was published that Netanyahu had this to say...

"This weak government is prepared to give away Jerusalem, and is acting in order to give it away," Netanyahu said. "All its denials and attempts at whitewashing will do no good."

www.haaretz.com...

I agree with the following sentiment, and think that the United States needs to tend to it's own problems, instead of creating tensions under the guise of finding ways to peace.

Why dont we let Isreal decide for itself?

It is therefore ironic that negotiators, mindless or careless of Jerusalem’s turbulent history and Islamic fundamentalists’ record of degrading and destroying other religions’ practices and holy sites, would seek to wrest control of Jerusalem from the one government that has preserved those freedoms. World leaders should know better than to turn Jerusalem’s important Christian and Jewish holy sites over to Muslim control; it would be a sorry day for any non-Muslim who aspires to visit those holy sites.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

When did it become illegal to keep the land you conquered after you were attacked by your enemies and then promptly defeated them much to their embarrasment?

[edit on 2-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Maybe they should do that with Washington DC to? I bet most americans would support that. NOT, why would Israel ever go for this? This is just more of the same, obama wanting to control the world. It is sick.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This sounds like the creation of the seven year peace treaty to me, just in time for all of these July prophecies. Hmmm. If it is, I welcome it with an open arm. It's time to kick-start the rebuilding of the third temple, Armageddon, and the return of the Israelites (www.hebrewisraelites.org...)! Not to mention, we may FINALLY have peace on Earth!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
Maybe they should do that with Washington DC to? I bet most americans would support that. NOT, why would Israel ever go for this? This is just more of the same, obama wanting to control the world. It is sick.

Obama isn't a bad president because he stands up to Israel, he is because he's puppet-ed by bankers though – however I think a lot of his decisions are his own, and I've been impressed to see a President who stands up to the Zionist lobby. All Americans should feel refreshed, if nothing else – that we might have gained our country back from Zionist clutches, now we need to do away with the Federal Reserve - - another Zionist clutch production. I applaud the mettle of Obama so far, keeping it diplomatic and peaceful, as opposed to the barbarity in the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yeah because it started and ended with Obama...

I think Jerusalem, is one of the interesting cities of the world. It does not belong to the Jews anymore than it does the Christians or Muslims. They need to find a way to make that city it's own entity akin to the Vatican. Something that would be a safe haven for all three religions and responsible to none of them.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

News in Israel has been dominated lately by the rift between the Netanyahu Government in Israel and the Obama Administration in the United States, over Israel’s on-going colonisation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Israeli politicians and analysts are worried about the tension building-up between Israel and its one indispensable ally, while their Palestinian counterparts are permitting themselves the beginnings of a cautious optimism that this time it will be different, and that this time there may truly be some prospect of stopping the settlement juggernaut in its tracks.

Israeli governments began to “settle” Israelis in East Jerusalem and the West Bank shortly after conquering these territories in the June 1967 War, the “Six-Day-War” – under a Labour Government. The trend intensified after a right-wing nationalist Premier (the late Menahem Begin) came to power, for the first time ever in Israel’s history, in 1977. It has never stopped since then, although it has had its highs and lows (and was dramatically reversed in the Gaza Strip by Prime Minister Sharon, in 2005).

www.asianews.it...

Settlements are illegal according to the United Nations
But here again we have the big bad boys, the United Nations trying to declare this illegal?

Well my favorite E.U parliment member Daniel Hannan has this to say about the United Nations, they are nothing more than a political front for the elitest power grabs and are a cover and a front of criminal activity maximum.

The United Nations: Worse than Useless

The UN has strenuously denied covering up an investigation into the sale of illicit arms by its officials to Congolese rebels. And you can see why its functionaries are so sensitive. I mean, it's one thing to be called useless: sitting around in the aftermath of the Asian tsunami holding press conferences while the Australian and US navies were on site distributing aid that's useless. Running oil-for-fraud boondoggles in Iraq that's useless.

But selling weapons to murderous militiamen: that's in the worse than useless category. Not for the first time, the UN is actively bringing evil into the world. To be sure, it has done more outrageous things in the past, as when it herded Muslim men into Sarajevo, methodically disarmed them and then handed them over to Serb militiamen to be shot, or when it ordered its commanding officer in Rwanda not to seize the arms caches that were about to be used for the genocide. Still, even by UN standards, these are serious allegations. url

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

I am pretty sure it belongs to the Israeli's, because they conquered it. Why should they have to share with the other religions?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

Yeah because it started and ended with Obama...

I think Jerusalem, is one of the interesting cities of the world. It does not belong to the Jews anymore than it does the Christians or Muslims. They need to find a way to make that city it's own entity akin to the Vatican. Something that would be a safe haven for all three religions and responsible to none of them.

I couldn't agree more – besides the potent and strong myth that the Jews are the Israelites (refuted www.hebrewisraelites.org... and ziomania.com...) I think if anything, Jerusalem belongs to its true heirs, the Israelites – however, the Jews need to be there to rebuild the temple, so that the israelites will be restored back into Israel (www.angelfire.com...). So, I think they're there for a divine purpose that must be fulfilled, and shall be.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

March 21, 2000 Israel give back the West Bank so that the peaceful Palestinians can rule there.

Disengagement Plan Dec 2003. Settlers from 21 communities in the Gaza strip are evacuated. On August 17, Israeli settlers that remaind behind are forcefully removed. The Israelis are out of the Gaza strip and the Palestinians have elected their own leadership.

Late 1970s Israel give the Sinai back to Egypt as part of peace agreement.

I think that all that Israel wants is peace. If they wanted to keep all the land that they've captured in the various wars with their neighbors why have they been giving this land back?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Because we no longer live in a world where conquering lands is a noble thing to do.

We live in a world where conquered lands brings up terrorists, and then we get innocent people blown up to pieces because of some dumb religious mumbo jumbo in Israel.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

I am pretty sure it belongs to the Israeli's, because they conquered it. Why should they have to share with the other religions?

What are you taking about? The Jews are Khazars, the majority of them – and they did not conquered anything – they were put there by the British in 1948. Are you confusing the Jews with the ancient Israelites? They're too different people with two different purposes. The Jews are Europeans, Khazars – also known as the Gentiles (son of Japeth). The Israelites who conquered ancient Jerusalem and ancient Israel are described here (www.hebrewisraelites.org...). Judaism is the religion created by the King of the Khazaria to emulate ancient Israel, that's why this ish in Jewish means "to be like". They are not the from the tribes of ancient Israel. And I cannot recall when the Jews conquered anything? Please fill me in.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ElloAll]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Oh so we shouldnt conquer land from our enemies because a bunch of nut jobs might blow themselves and some innocent people up. Nothing like bending over and letting the terrorists have what they want.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ElloAll

I am pretty sure they conquered at least half of it in the Six Day War of 1967.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

So because Bethlehem, which is an important city to Christians is in Palestine, should they close it down to the Christians of the world who want to see where Christ was born?

**EDIT**

Just wanted to add, that most of the land was taken from Palestine BEFORE the 6 days war. Here is a map with a timeline:
Map of Israel since 1917

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Rook1545]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join