It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another New Crop Circle Predicts July 7th 2009 - Earth getting a Major Solar Storm

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

lol?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
heres a video of and x class flare in action www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-7-2009 by cronotrigger30]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well, it is the 7th in China. I should phone my buddy and get him to give me a heads up if it does flare up there. It is 2 am there now.

I just bought spf 60. Do you think that will help?

I have no info regarding this .... so I say it will not be Earth shattering.

If communication satelites were interrupted, people would have to revert to good old fationed visiting neighbours!

I will meditate on it and report any info I get.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have to admit that there's a really sick and twisted side of me that wants this thing to happen. A full-on direct hit by a CME. At least then we'd have some prediction on ATS actually come true. It's been a nice long while since the world has had a decent natural disaster of global proportions. Keeps the remaining people on their toes.

I suppose the downside, among others, would be that we'd not be able to get back on ATS to congratulate the OP for the prognostication.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313

It's been a nice long while since the world has had a decent natural disaster of global proportions. Keeps the remaining people on their toes.

It's true that all of our technology and economic networks are based on what we've experienced during the past couple of thousand years with no major planetwide incidents. But some day, there will be one. I'm just afraid that there won't be a warning from space people carved into cereal fields.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by cnuum]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
astronomic studies, + a hoax, there you go, what seems to be the work of aliens

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cronotrigger30
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

lol?

Indeed.

The final Countdown to the debunkers to rape this thread after nothing happens

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313
I have to admit that there's a really sick and twisted side of me that wants this thing to happen. A full-on direct hit by a CME. At least then we'd have some prediction on ATS actually come true. It's been a nice long while since the world has had a decent natural disaster of global proportions. Keeps the remaining people on their toes.

I suppose the downside, among others, would be that we'd not be able to get back on ATS to congratulate the OP for the prognostication.

Same. I really want something to happen. I'm extremely bored this summer and in need for something hardcore to take place. Of course, if this solar storm does happen..all power will be wiped out right? If that's the case, how will we get back on this site? Lol. No one will be able to post ANYTHING. No pics, no videos. Nothing. Not for a while.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Stereo pics are back up stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This could be a hoax by art students who added more to the Crop Circle.
Then again someone should go into this Crop Circle with sound testing equipment and if you get a tone or pitch noise in the Crop Circle its real.

That would solve the question within the next few hours.

If nothing happens then that does not make all Crop Circles fake or non important to research .

Whatever happens or not life goes on and we continue to find answers to the unknown.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Of course, if this solar storm does happen..all power will be wiped out right? If that's the case, how will we get back on this site? Lol. No one will be able to post ANYTHING. No pics, no videos. Nothing. Not for a while.

I feel it would be worth it at this point in time to have it actually happen. Sure, we'd lose power and all the services that power provides. A major solar storm on the 7th would do many things:

1. People would question the science behind crop circles due to the fore-knowledge of this event represented in the crop circle design as described by the OP.
2. It would restore our "faith" in ATS after all of the false promises of serious issues that have been posted on this site for as long as I can remember. There have been far too many instances of crying "Wolf" here thus far.
3. It would force people to get back to the basics and experience life without electricity. People would start talking to one another rather than texting. People would read books again instead of websites.
4. A direct hit by a CME would knock out all power grids for several months. That would place many people in life/death situations. We'd see how society copes with it. We'd possibly get to see a complete breakdown of society in that amount of time.
5. People would be looking for more evidence of future disasters in crop circles, and other phenomena.

I know I'm ready for it. At this point, I hope this crop circle is authentic, and I hope it was accurately interpreted. We'd actually have a correct prediction here on ATS. When things returned to normal (if they do) we'd all return and post everything we'd experienced during the "down time". It's time for another worldwide disaster. I'd rather have the sun do it than humans. We'd forgive the sun, eventually.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, Ive got my tin foil hat on, and I have my bag of popcorn at the ready!!... I also have my tv remote, for when nothing happens.

Whats the last possible time this things supposed to start if its occuring on the 7th?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
Stereo pics are back up stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Yup the Object 6-8x the Size of Earth did not Hit... I didn't Think It would...
But there was a July 6th-7th CME

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
and its my kids sports day on the 7th thats gonna put a downer on the day

on a lighter note i would have thought if there was gonna be a solar storm we would be seeing some sort of signs by now (not the ones in the grass)ohhay will see tomorrow happy days

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

(can't see it start in this graph, but was Dead before the 4th)
You can see the X-Ray are off the Chart Starting on the 4th...

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just thought... when it first got taken offline didnt it say it was because of 'scheduled maintenance'? And now it says their trying to 'address a problem'. Hmmm... might add another layer of foil to my hat.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by major care
and its my kids sports day on the 7th thats gonna put a downer on the day

on a lighter note i would have thought if there was gonna be a solar storm we would be seeing some sort of signs by now (not the ones in the grass)ohhay will see tomorrow happy days

It should not Hit the Earth... But the X-Ray is off the Chart right now... Make sure your Kids wear some good NATURAL Sun-Screen...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Manjushri Bodhisattva

My Interpretations of the CC do not Say that We will be Hit by the CME... But that there would Be One... Which there Was... And "A solar wind stream flowing from this high-latitude coronal hole will probably miss Earth."

Oh and A Nice Large Sun Spot Pointed At us...

"New-cycle sunspot 1024 is growing rapidly and crackling with B-class solar flares. Credit: SOHO/MDI"

www.spaceweather.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join