It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban kidnaps US soldier in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Taliban kidnaps US soldier in Afghanistan

www.presstv.ir

In an unprecedented move, insurgents abduct an American soldier in troubled eastern Afghanistan where coalition troops have lost several grounds to the Taliban.

The US military headquarters in Kabul confirmed that the soldier has been missing from his base since Tuesday.

The military said it would not provide further information about the missing soldier or the province in which he has gone missing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Picked up a "drunk" solider eh?

I guess they are getting a little more creative with their tactics. I wonder why a Soldier was out by himself drinking, and managed to get caught by Taliban?

Any body else have any sort of news on this?

A source with the U.S. military denied the claim that the soldier was drunk.

"The Taliban are known for lying and what they are claiming are not true," the source said.

Haha, yeah cause ofcourse they are good friends...

~Keeper

www.presstv.ir

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Picked up a "drunk" solider eh?

I guess they are getting a little more creative with their tactics. I wonder why a Soldier was out by himself drinking, and managed to get caught by Taliban?

Any body else have any sort of news on this?

A source with the U.S. military denied the claim that the soldier was drunk.

"The Taliban are known for lying and what they are claiming are not true," the source said.

Haha, yeah cause ofcourse they are good friends...

~Keeper

www.presstv.ir

Well get out of the middle east then and you wont get kidnapped, simple..

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Ignorance Denied]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I remember several shows regarding those Russian/Soviets that were taken by the Taliban in that conflict. They were given a simple choice: Convert to Islam and join the fight against their own people... or die a terrible death... which was usually having one's head sliced off in a slow, bloody and gruesome manner.

I hope that the US will identify the location of that POW and quickly drop in a special forces team for a rescue.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I could not agree more, if they kept their hands out of everybody else's cookie jar, these things wouln't happen.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

So true, we have been telling tourists to avoid the ME for so long, but still they want to understand their society and culture, but the people over there wants to cut their heads off to teach them a lesson about Arab and Persian customs.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

That sounds just like how it was done during the crusades. The soviet union had big problems fighting in Afghanastan in the 80's, and they weren't concerned about public opinion like the U.S. It's actually amazing we have accomplished what we have there. Those poor soldiers being held by the Taliban are probably in for a lot of pain. We have seen how "humanely" prisoners are treated by the Taliban and other extremists.

new topics

top topics

join