It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu 'cannot be contained'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Letting it spread into the scenario you have outlined - where people aren't going to work etc will have a more dramatic effect on economies than it would have if we simply quarantined Mexico in the beginning as you suggested.

IRM :shk:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Letting it spread into the scenario you have outlined - where people aren't going to work etc will have a more dramatic effect on economies than it would have if we simply quarantined Mexico in the beginning as you suggested.

IRM :shk:

Who cares about money when live's are at risk????? Thaat's the problem with this world!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Swine Flu is not all that bad as compared to other flues such as Avian Flu, I found it to be about the same as seasonal flu. In any case, the real problem begins when it mutates.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Indeed it can't be contained, there's more than 100.000 people infected with it in Argentina.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Quarantining Mexico wouldn't have had any impact on the spread of H1N1 unless it was done almost a year ago IE prior to it even being identified as a new strain - impossible or at least impractical. It's way too late to lock the stable as the horse bolted months ago and now we'll just have to deal with it as best we can which is by acquiring antibodies in the normal fashion which is by actually catching it and surviving or perhaps getting vaccinated if and when that's generally available.

Influenza has always stood out in its potential to be pandemic on a regular basis.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Ha! This is where it begins....all the numbers are "rising"

Vaccines, forced upon citizens, children. Oh boy here we go.

Actually they're not going to bother. The advice is just to stay at home.

MBF

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My 40 year old cousin just had it and he told me that he never had the flu to kick his butt like this did. And just think that they could have contained this easily, but wouldn't because they didn't want to inconvenience anybody.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Vaccines will be available though..... who's up for that?
[edit on 2-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

None for me thanks. I would consider vaccinations the primary vector of this virus.

reply to post by Trolloks

What's all this about the heat effecting the flu? Doesn't the temperature of the human body stay fairly constant during summer and winter? It's the extra stress on the system of having to keep the body warm that explains a greater incidence of flu in the winter is it not? Oh wait, you pointed that out huh? Never mind.

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
From what I have read, regular flu has a lot more casualties than swine flu. I do not trust that the people in power are telling the truth.

Wisdom

Originally posted by solidshot
Some of the early stories about this virus stated that it wasn't attacking the usual very young/old victims but concentrating on the young/middle aged instead

Which is exactly what the 1918 flu did, with young healthy people dropping dead on street corners.

virus.stanford.edu...

And this soon after the 1918 flu was dug out of the permafrost.

www.gi.alaska.edu...

Pure coincidence of course.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
come on guys. Tobacco kills 400k annually. See any huge moves to stop smoking? Medicines kill 100k annually, see government spending billions to stop that? Alcohol kills 60k, illicit drugs kill 17k, and even NSAIDS (tylenol, aspirin, etc) kill 7k annually.....swine flu has killed, what, 10 confirmed or so? Wait until its at least killed more people than aspirin before you start to worry about it, or getting vaccinated. Otherwise your just propping up a corrupt Big Pharma, and putting yourself at risk for guillian barre syndrome or some other neurological disorder (which is actually much higher risk than you dieing of the disease itsself), from a system which claims no liability for any damage it does.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Good point. Diahrreah (sp?) kills more than aids, TB and malaria combined. You don't see any policitians and celebs getting passionate about diahrreah though.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Another young girl has died of it in London which makes it 5 dead unless of course these are just scare tactics to get people to take the jab!!!

If it's true then it shows that people are dying from this and will continue to do so.... if it's already affecting this many now what will it be like in the winter months?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

A nine-year-old girl in London and a man and a girl in West Yorkshire have all died after contracting swine flu. The child from south London, who died at the weekend, had "serious underlying health problems," as did the other two victims who are from Kirklees.

BBC

Total of 7 dead from this in the UK now, seems that if you have any potentially serious compliant as well as this flu it becomes a lot more aggressive?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Lets say its what all of us so called conspirecy people have claimed happens, flu pandemic comes around ( DOOM AND GLOOM) the swine flu runs through and kills lets say 3 million world wide and there is a vacine that hasnt been test but isnt mandatory yet. what would you do. this is getting to the point were specultaions and action will be even. I have no idea what i would do with my family. Its not time to run for the hills but at the same time i am not going to be one of the firsts to try the drug. If the cases get that bad , schools would be closed and then what you would still be putting your family at risk cause you have contact with people. Unless there is the drug. and thats the worst part.. you either try and fight a nasty flu bug or take a shot that could hurt you or your child.. Thats why i am worried not cause everyone will go crazy or the rules they are putting in place but the choice you will make for your family... if the shot hurts my kids then its my fault if they die from swine flu its my fault. for once i would like us as an organization to do something about this.. try and expose the butts that created this and hold the accountable.. its funny the swine flu is a real threat but msm is worried about black in america and michael jackson and fox between obama bashing and palin coverage is sick.. I dont watch tv at all except the weather and every now and then cnn and fox ( the evil empires) to see what the brain washing machins are pouring over the air waves. Its really sad how stupid we have become

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Oh noes...

Break out the Pepto Bismal and Thera Flu...

I knew ATS was right

The POOP is literally going to finally hit the Fan!!!!!

We must arrange for every American to have Blankets and Aspirin and running water to make tea immediately, Toilet paper supplies might reach levels as low as 1918 we are in for a major TP crisis here...

Look

In 1918 they did NOT have... Lysol on every shelf in every store in the world, it was not nearly as possible to get good decongestants, a variety of pain killers and even Pepto Bismal to simply stop the runs would prove a problem to most rural people at the time...

Every Home was not heated, often people remained cold... unable to sweat something as simple as flu out of their system.

The water wasn't treated, neither was the sewage... simple things like handi wipes were unavailable there were no anti flu drugs like tamiflu at all nor a chance for any vaccine

Vitamins were not every day items, access to food was difficult, while our nutritional value of food is lower due to farming we still have bundles of anything we need from chicken soup to oranges while at the time Vitamin deficency due to transportation and other factors was much more serious...

There is no way any flu is going to kill hundreds of millions aside from the ghettos and third world perhaps... like always

If your in front of a computer even if this does mirror the 1918 flu...

Your probably going to be fine...

Just expect to get sick

and be prepared for RAMPANT DIARRHEA

[edit on 6-7-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cdi

i went to the doctors with a sore knee last friday... when i went through the door into reception there was alot of people coughing... i decided to leave rather that sit in reception in 24degree heat catching god knows what.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join