It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did i just hear that correctly??? HOLY CRAP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
IF YOU ARE GOING TO FLAG THIS THEN BE IT FOR THE ONLY REASON THAT MORE PEOPLE SHOULD SEE IT! AGAIN I AM NOT POSTING THIS FOR ANY KIND OF GAIN, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THIS POINT SYSTEM EITHER!!! PEACE AND LOVE XX

HOLY CRAP

did she just say that china is our friend because they keep lead in the toys and poison in the food!

i mean how more blatant do you want it people, youve already woke up and th e coffeee is on but you cant smell it, why? because your not being told to smell it!!!!

www.liveleak.com...

just listen to this, it doesnt get much more obvious and in your face!!! peace and love xx

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Free4Ever2]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
YOur right, LOL.

I think it just came out wrong for her. I think she was trying to say that we should just be nice to china right now.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

i dunno she seemed pretty adament while she was talking, im trying to find some info on who she is and her history! maybe something there, maybe not, but it always helps to have a look i say
peace and love xx

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Id like to feed her some poison chines toothpaste, and her kids can play with lead filled toys, and her pets can just go and chow down on some fine melamine tainted pet food, idiots.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
yeah....the problem is, as far as the economy is concerned, she's right.

if you don't need to worry about awkward stuff like the health of your workers or the safety of the goods produced, you can bang stuff out that's cheap enough to allow a healthy profit for wal-mart and a bargain for the consumer.

not that it's all that good for actual people, but, hey, screw it, right? the government clearly isn't there to serve the people, all they ever talk about is the economy.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
I DO NOT WANT ANY STARS OR FLAGS FOR THIS,NOR ANY OF MY POSTS! I AM NOT IN THIS FOR GAIN!!!

HOLY CRAP

did she just say that china is our friend because they keep lead in the toys and poison in the food!

i mean how more blatant do you want it people, youve already woke up and th e coffeee is on but you cant smell it, why? because your not being told to smell it!!!!

www.liveleak.com...

just listen to this, it doesnt get much more obvious and in your face!!! peace and love xx

Well this woman has either been listening to Dubya's speeches or she did a great job of explaining how China keeps its costs low.

Nice find.

Edit to add: This seems to be a recurring thing right now in the media, either that or people are beginning to notice. Might be nothing other than mistakes though, hard to tell.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Id like to feed her some poison chines toothpaste, and her kids can play with lead filled toys, and her pets can just go and chow down on some fine melamine tainted pet food, idiots.

I'm sure she's drinking enough of the poisoned US water supply already. You get dodgey products everywhere. You can't just boycott a countries items and expect to be free of poisons and chemicals.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
That's ridiculous and there is absolutely NO excuse for it. She meant exactly what she said and said exactly what she meant. Me? I'll pay a buck more for lead-free toys and poison-free food or do without.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

yeah, but will you, will you really? i mean, people say that but when it comes to it.....dunno.

can people even afford to pay out an extra dollar or two on everything they buy? up to 40 or 50 on consumer goods like toys? i really don't think it'll happen. if you're not currently buying organic, and i don't, i don't know if this will impact your frame of mind.

it's sad but we're way more concious of price than quality.

[edit on 2/7/09 by pieman]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

yes, i have, really, for years now and am continuing to do so. it's not that hard.

(you may have missed the "do without" part...not sure.)

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
We had better keep kissin chinas @#$ because they own the United States now due to the amount of money we have barrowed from them! Not many in the general population even care or want to know what is realy happening to this country or they just want to go along with the program(Thats what it comes down to is programming just like the lady in the video!)as long as they can get there beer and watch tv! Better learn chinese and maybe russian because there are not enough people in this country that give a $@*& to save it. I used to think we could pull out of this but the more time passes the more I am loosing faith in the American spirit. Maybe this is letting my fellow countrymen down but I fear all is lost! If there are any patriots left please let me know. OK im done cryin now. good post! thanks.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
take some time to watch the babble that comes from her show. its nothing new. tow the line keep your job!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
well. ... she said what she wanted to say ... thats for sure ... why use the word poison ... thats SICK

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Insane !!! It is obvious isnt it ! ?
'They' needs us to be DUMB, and if any one cant see that, it realy proves my point...

They can NOT allow US to see what is the real reality , AT ALL..

I read that there could be Nicotine in the food too...
Sweet, people are stuffing them selfs with poison food, and they want more becuase of the NickoTeen..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Hmmm, what was sick ? having poison in the food, or say it as it is Poison in the food ? Poison in the food is sick !!!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Her name is Erin Burnett. She has worked for Goldman Sachs as a financial analyst, Citigroup as vice president, Bloomberg Television, CNN, and now CNBC.

Although I'm not exactly sure how she has any business giving financial analysis or advice considering in the last decade she has worked for two companies that received federal bailout, I don't think she meant her statement in the way that many of you are claiming.

A few days after she said that, her comments were replayed and she clarified what she meant:

"Toys made in China, there are some safety questions, all right? That‘s the fact.

And you and I were talking about—this is what people got upset about. I had said that, look, if people want to start making toys, and, by a extension, a lot of other things guaranteed to be safe, and make them in China, then the costs of production are going to go up in China, and that means prices at Wal-Mart may go up, too.

China has kept prices low in this country. And that‘s why I called China our friend the other night on HARDBALL. But, you know, Chris, nobody wants children to play with toys that are not safe. Nobody wants that. I don‘t want that. You don‘t want that. But safety and quality come with a price."

I highlighted the important part that you should focus on. She is pointing out the stupidity of people, particularly in this country. People want cheap products, which means they do not protest products made in China, but they also want safe products. There's nothing wrong with wanting cheap and safe products, but when you find out that products from a specific country are tainted, you boycott that country's products, not keep buying them.

People are whining about how China's products are poisonous, yet they keep buying them. Either shut up about how poisonous they are, or stop buying them. You can't have it both ways.

Furthermore, she is not saying China is our friend because they poison us. She is simply shedding light on the threat China poses to us; if they make toxic-free products, our economy is crippled and if they don't, we're buying tainted products.

I don't think she mis-spoke, but I do think you people are misunderstanding or reading too much in to what she said.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
IF YOU ARE GOING TO FLAG THIS THEN BE IT FOR THE ONLY REASON THAT MORE PEOPLE SHOULD SEE IT! AGAIN I AM NOT POSTING THIS FOR ANY KIND OF GAIN, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THIS POINT SYSTEM EITHER!!! PEACE AND LOVE XX

HOLY CRAP

www.liveleak.com...

Yes ,ghouls in China will be our friends as long as we let them poison children to death. There is no basis for this. If we refused the poisoned, tainted stuff the Chinese would make non poisoned stuff. I think the people going along with this have I.Q.'s far lower than their body temperature.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You guys are ridiculous. You're focusing on some conspiracy to do with the US having a deal with China to export food with poison and toys with lead which is false, instead of the TRUTH which is that CHINA IS EXPORTING FOOD WITH POISON AND TOYS WITH LEAD. How is that legal?

"THEY", "TPTB", no it's not, it's shoddy manufacturing that YOU and YOUR FAMILY buy and SUPPORT and continue production.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
how can someone look too much into this, it is more than obvious to be honest. she is admitting pretty much that we poison our own kids. if we didnt want to then we wouldnt buy from china.

peace and love xx

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
msnbc, nothing to see here folks.

though it is a bit disturbing that any mainstream news would say something like that, so openly. It was probably a teleprompter typo or she just wasn't paying attention... but still.

I already refuse to buy Chinese products, more because they're just plain and simply junk than I'm worried about health problems from the paint they use..

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Raverous]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join