It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Senator on Gays: ‘We’re Allowing Them To Exist’ (& more)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

So you're implying Franken never said this?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
reply to post by intrepid

2- What does Franken have to do with this topic? Riiiiight.

As much as implying this one state-level senator represents the GOP.

You really have to grow a thicker skin. From the OP:

I hope not all republican's have this view towards gays.

Your question answered. Can we get back to the topic now?

[edit on 2-7-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Don't let me stop you.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I don't know if he did or didn't, and I don't care. But all I am requesting is that post a legitimate link.

Just like I would still like a legitimate link for the senator.

If your gonna accuse someone of saying terrible things, you should be able to back it up.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

All well and good if it was the topic, it isn't.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
IF this were just one idiotic comment from a GOP elected official that would be one thing but repeatedly they come out with the most clueless crap... like Missouri State Representative Cynthia Davis who said in opposition to the free school lunch program that:

hunger is a great motivator

If I was truly bored I could find dozens, no hundreds of idiotic blatherings from mush loosebowels to Michelle Bachmann to post here to prove that the hard right and GOP are total morons.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
IF this were just one idiotic comment from a GOP elected official that would be one thing but repeatedly they come out with the most clueless crap... like Missouri State Representative Cynthia Davis who said in opposition to the free school lunch program that:

hunger is a great motivator

If I was truly bored I could find dozens, no hundreds of idiotic blatherings from mush loosebowels to Michelle Bachmann to post here to prove that the hard right and GOP are total morons.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by grover]

SOUND BITES ARE KILLING THE NATION! The quote you referenced is nothing more than a simple FACT.

Taken out of context for impact!

For example:
Grover categorized the rantings as,"hundreds of idiotic blatherings from mush loosebowels....." in a thread concerning homosexuals.

Kind of changes the meaning of your words a little huh?

[edit on 2-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

[edit on 2-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm not suprised at anything a Republican says about homosexuality anymore; especially after hearing this from Sally Kern.

www.alternet.org...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I have no faith in the Democrats but I have less faith in the Republicans...

especially when you consider that it seems that the only criteria for running for office as a Republican is to be alive and be Republican... it seems a brain or conscious or any sort of reasoning power is not required... in fact it seems to be actually frowned on.

At least the Democrats are usually coherent.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101

Eichelberger: They’re not being punished. We’re allowing them to exist, and do what every American can do. We’re just not rewarding them with any special designation.

Full Article Here

You gutted the meaning of the statement by Eichelberger, but at least you posted it in its entirety.

Taken as a whole, his statement is perfectly rational, except that he seems to have forgotten gays are already given special protection under the law.

Same-sex marriage is such an absurdity that once it becomes a viable political discussion, all hope is lost for the institution and there can be no legislative or constitutional remedy.

We should be glad that there are politicians who still understand our basic social institutions, but really the die is cast.

Marriage is almost meaningless now and it is only a matter of time before it becomes just another term for going steady.

[edit on 2009/7/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Yeah and some Republican loon from Oklahoma (Rep. Sally Kern) is claiming that gays caused the recession...
carnalnation.com...

... Don't you guys ever run anybody with half a brain?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
How big of the senator to "allow them [gays] to exist."

What are the other options?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join