It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra-Sound Cancer Cure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Ultra-Sound Cancer Cure

www.express.co.uk

A PIONEERING treatment that blasts prostate cancer with sound waves can cure the disease without the need for invasive surgery, say researchers.

Men with early prostate cancer were given general anaesthetic and treated with high-intensity-focused ultrasound, which kills cancer cells.

The technique accurately zaps small amounts of tissue by heating it up to a temperature of between 80C and 90C.

It is so accurate that it can be used to treat the whole prostate gland or just the areas with cancer.

It means many patients could avoid conventional treatment like surgery and radiother
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
A great article and surely hope for the future for men affected by prostate cancer.

It is also another slap in the face for the leeches who are Big Pharma, as they will have to either start lowering prices for cancer drugs.

I was hugely affected by a programme recently, which details how NICE ( www.nice.org.uk... ) decide whether a drug should be offered to patients, and it was disgusting to see how the drug companies squeezed every last drop out of the NHS and even lied about the results of their clinical trials.

The more we can use alternative therapies, the more chance we will have of having a fair system instead of one where the few profit from the suffering of the many.

www.express.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I heard somewhere that there was a scientist who used a certain fine metallic powder that when ingested by the patient it bonded only with certain receptor chemicals found only in cancer cells. He then used radio waves to heat up the metal and literally destroy only the cancer cells. Anyone remember who that was. This sounds similar.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i think i know what your talking about ... i think i read the post here about a few days ago .. didn't they call it like the Trojan Horse? once its in it only kills the cancer cells ?

new topics

top topics

join