It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama & administration busted at press conferences? Did anyone see...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What's the point of a "town hall meeting" that only has handpicked people and questions? Obama is still acting like he is running for President, when he should BE the President. You know it has to be pretty bad for the press to start calling him to task for such canned events. The healthcare infocommercial was typical of this, no dissenting voices were allowed. So much for that "change" mantra, huh?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Helen Thomas was giving it to Gibbs yesterday. If anyone can smell BS it is her. She has stated they she has never witnessed this type of manipulation in any administration prior to Obama's.

Her statements speak volumes as to the nefarious nature of this administration and to the extremes they will go to in order to manipulate information and fabricate scenarios.

Who are they fooling? You don't piss of the press. The honeymoon is just about over with the true media not the cable tv talking heads. The true journalists have been slapped in the face and they are getting wary.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by jibeho]

What's great about that.. is aside from old age and being senile (which of course, she's sharp as a tack still) the press will never be able to demonize Helen.

She's the queen of the Press.

When Obama was elected, some newbie dared to sit in her seat, and got fooled in front of the nation when Helen demanded her seat back.

And on top of all that, she's admittedly "left leaning"

If Helen says Obama is unfairly controlling questions and plants and such, we have to be inclined to believe her, and there is nothing Obama can do to stop her.

Because she's Helen Thomas.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
What's the point of a "town hall meeting" that only has handpicked people and questions? Obama is still acting like he is running for President, when he should BE the President. You know it has to be pretty bad for the press to start calling him to task for such canned events. The healthcare infocommercial was typical of this, no dissenting voices were allowed. So much for that "change" mantra, huh?

That's all the town hall meetings are for. It's not a Q&A session; it's just another forum for Obama to push his BS programs. He doesn't want anyone to disagree, just "yes men" to back him up.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think this is the Town Home Meeting we are talking about...

www.c-span.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
well i like this ......

the press behaving unlike intellectual prostitutes

now let's label them dissenters

I think it is true that while understanding Fox news and CNBC are both agenda filled.........Helen Thomas did say what she did......and it has weight with me that this administration is being run less like a democracy.

It's not because obama is evil it is because the country is really falling badly.....think of a 50 story building and we fell 10 story's in the last year....and we keep taking shots of Jack......and saying recovery is just around the corner.....nope some staggering and then a few more falls is what we will get......and You will have LESS democracy in a Weak increasingly UPset economy.....enjoy what we have now......because this may be the best for a long time

we are in a depressionary process (they take years and never go straight down) the evidence is there for those who understand financial crisis

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Obama is like a two dollar watch that seems to have problems. The "Green Revolution" in Iran was his Bay of Pigs.

He is a family man and takes care of his family, but so did Tony Soprano.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just have to feel sorry for all the people out there that fell for it...just like all the people that fell for Bush.. Same exact deal..

He's no change, and turning out to be alot worse than Bush, because he seems to be smarter. /shudder

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by JulieMills
"The chickens!.....Have come home to rroooossst!!!"

oh how fitting that sounds now.
Is the "slobbering love affair" over? or are these just jealous jilted lovers that will willingly get back in bed once they are pampered?

maybe if you got over you "slobbering love affair" with FOX NEWS (the godlike messiah of media) and their "lustful hate of all liberals" lead by the "grand wizard of the airwaves" rush limbaugh, an adult conversation might be able to take place.

JimmyX,

This quote of yours above is not an example of an adult conversation. It is an example of textbook public education standards enhanced by entitlement thinking. Same thing with Julie Miles.

Also ..lots of us out here are as dubious of Fox News as we are about CNN and others..especially MSNBC.

Your technique comes across like spoiled child with entitlement thinking who is sitting on the only one in town.

To much of that going on both Republican and Democrat. That is why so many out here are become disillusioned with both dominant parties and the two party system...also the shills who got to bat for them..the news media.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

I would prefer Dan Quayle or Gerald Ford over what we have now. Bush one would be a welcome change. At least he knows how things work.
Obama is taught constitutional law, but he doesn't seem to know the subject very well. We keep losing rights. (not excusing Bush. I want The Patriot act repealed.)
I have been watching Obama's "town hall meetings" and his press conferences. They are obviously staged, and when he his asked a difficult question and the reporter tries to follow up, then he is ignored and Obama goes to the next question. Not only does he not have the balls to answer, it's obvious that he doesn't KNOW the answer.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Why would any administration not do this?

It's done day in day out and nobody cares. Eventually these little scams always come out wither immediately or years later and nobody cares.

When an administration can send in snipers to plug a woman in the head for holding her baby and blow millions on camping special forces and military helicopters to collect a few thousand in "back taxes" from an elderly New Hampshire couple and not only get away with it but receive cheers and cries for "more, more" from the voting population why the hell would any administration even think twice about simple schiester tricks like plants in the audience?

They're all crooks, thieves and murderers and the sooner we stop feigning "outrage" at these little games they play the sooner we can be rid of the lot of them.

We fear standing up because of what they say they will do but that is it....nobody honestly stands up for our rights....

I'm at fault too.....Everyone is....we just let it happen....mainly because there is no plan in place to do otherwise.......we are not accustomed to it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Puppets do as puppets do. Someone else tagged it right. You guys are just quibbling about Coke Vs. Pepsi. Hey genius people, it's still coke.

Maybe i want a damn fruit juice.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It's interesting how one can gain the attention of the many when they speak of Truth. Sometimes these people are watched very closely as to what they may reveal.

When those watching the other post from the heart, it tends to have an impact on those of their audience.

The Truth will always set one free.

The people of the world can live in cooperation and education among one another. The NWO should be one of educating the masses, with the collective truths known to man. This would provide the foundations necessary for man to see the Brother in the other.

As a people, you have been divided and conquered for the will of a few for the benefit of that few. This few were never satisfied in their End. It is only the Fool fooling oneself.

Good Night folks.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Well personally I think you guys should have universal health care. I wouldn't want to be stuck paying for a bill each time I saw a doctor. But then again I live in Canada where healthcare is available to everyone.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

It's not because obama is evil it is because the country is really falling badly.....think of a 50 story building and we fell 10 story's in the last year....

Even if this is the case maybe you seem to forget 2 110 story building fell down well before Obama thought of running for the top job.

The point is for a site and a bunch of people that believe in little green men and other dimensions, and how the MSM is a tool of the NWO....then to get in huff about a volunteer in a town hall meeting is a friggin joke.
(please dont take my little green men etc line out of context, it was solely used as if a outsider was looking in at all US whacko's
)

Mayne this woman did hand out flyers and wear a badge, as well as working in other community events and now is in desperate hardship...So of course she is going to go to the town hall if the president is coming....she is angey sad, and scared and wants answers from the guy she helped and voted for...THAT IS NOT A CONSPIRACY!

You always seem more concerned with Obama than the unjust wars, Bush's occupation illegal in the office of president, one of the worst child mortality rate in the the world, one of the highest firearm murders in a non war country, the fact this economic down turn started many years ago...it just didnt just happen.....(was one reason I didnt lock in a fixed interest rate on home loan 3/4years ago) it was caused not only by non living entities called corporations,, pure greed and power by not only stake holders but most of you all....as well, trying to out do the Jone's down the road, pure and utter wasteful disposable lifestyles, obesity, diabetes, this is just a small sample of real issues to point out never mind dwindling wild life, natural environments, pollution, famine, etc etc.

and you all want to make a big deal over this??!?!?!?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by 297GT]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

I think nearly every post on this thread is missing the point. All administrations have had "plants" in townhall meetings and in events that were geared to sway public opinion in their favor, but with Obama there is a much larger difference. If you watched the clip you heard Helen Thomas complain about the process. The process in which information released by this administration is worse than the Bush years. In addition, the way in which the WH controls the information was her biggest complaint. For example calling reporters the night before a press conference to find out what question they are going to ask so they could have pre-packaged answer all reading to go...this is press manipulation at its finest, this is the TRUE issue not plants...by the way for any Canadian who says healthcare is great tell that to my aunt who died of breat cancer waiting for an operation when she could have had surgery in the US within a week...Univeral Health Care is not the answer....

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Spider2009]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

maybe if you got over you "slobbering love affair" with FOX NEWS (the godlike messiah of media) and their "lustful hate of all liberals" lead by the "grand wizard of the airwaves" rush limbaugh, an adult conversation might be able to take place.

... Because you've just done such an outstanding job of initiating one with your post... an adult conversation that is...
Please! YOU are the reason that this country is in such deep crap. Drop the partisan pretenses and start seeing the forest for the trees!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm not in the in the continent of America( north or south), and to add to your crap about a plant...

No matter if your Brad Pit, GW Bush, Obama, the queen of england, or any body with a press secretary or agent they ALL either give a agender list with either topics or questions they want or will answer.
my point was not to debate health care(which I am more than happy to do) but just the glaring hysterics naive ignorance that is shown.

There is more to even think about than this..

And dont even look to bush as an pillar of any sort...This post only allows 4000 characters.

Anyways I'm done writing in this thread as I normaly just wipe my behind with one piece of paper...I dont reuse it over the course of several days on the same crap.

"Canadian who says healthcare is great tell that to my aunt who died of breat cancer waiting for an operation when she could have had surgery in the US within a week...Univeral Health Care is not the answer.... "

Sorry for your loss but how much does it cost for insurance? and what IF they denied her claim?
There are systems in the world where there is a system of free public health care for all AND if you so choose (and can afford it) a private system as well. So It's not new concept.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
"The chickens!.....Have come home to rroooossst!!!"

oh how fitting that sounds now.
Is the "slobbering love affair" over? or are these just jealous jilted lovers that will willingly get back in bed once they are pampered?

Yep and it is stuff like this that makes me tune into FOX just for this very reason. You think Olberman would have shown us this? Or Wolf the sheep blitzer? Fox has never been less than candid about their opinionated news casts in fact Beck has ALWAYS said he gives his opinion while CNN the communist news network says they are only reporting the news but that isn't true in the least.

I know what to expect listenng to rush and what he says doesn't influence my decisions, it affirms them by putting them into a context many of us have said to ourselves in the quite of our own lives that guy said it just like It is or wow that is exactly what I was thinking. They listen to the man after their own heart and he has the listening audience to show he says just what many Americans agree with already.

The idea that we listen to him like some kind of hypnotized zombies is absurd because the moment he said something we didn't like we wouldn't keep listening, I know I wouldn't. We are all very fond of our own opinions and Rush has a way of articulating that sentiment most of his audience already agrees with but never said it as well as he does or as clever as he did etc.

Now I know Rush Limbaugh is going to have a field day with this bit of information and I can't wait to hear it. I see a lot of snide remarks and jokes being made about Limbaugh and it only tells me he is on to them and they know it.

You want to hate Fox News or Rush Limbaugh?

ha ha have at it, he doesn't care and neither do we, I'm gonna watch it anyway just like as much and as often as those who hate it and him and for some reason suffer through it in some masochistic ritual so they can complain about it like you have. At least we are consistent. I won't watch CNN because if someone is going to lie to me, I'd rather it be Fox catching Obama then CNN because quite frankly, it's more funny when Fox does it and CNN is still acting like the Obama Girl.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Fox news...lol ..lol lol lol!!!

Long before there even was a Fox news ....we used to call CNN..

"Chicken Noodle News!!!"

We knew way back then there was something wrong with the news media.

BBC is no better and I've listened to BBC long before there was a personal computer.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join