It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama & administration busted at press conferences? Did anyone see...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by open_eyeballs

Exactly. A two-party system does not work. The only way we get another party inserted into the den of thieves is to ... well honestly I am drawing a blank. We cannot afford to wait until the next election and all of you know this for a fact. Obama is not totally responsible for the state of our country but he has done his part to worsen it. Too many questions and secrets surround him and not enough people are demanding answers and transparency, which he has offered but so far not made good on his word. The only difference between Bush and Obama is their speech. Bush could not read therefore he stammered and stuttered and showed agravation when asked a real question. Obama is a fast reader and speaks volumes until his teleprompter acts up. We got duped when we voted for a DEMOCRAT but how who would vote for a REPUBLICAN after the previous 8 years? Is it me or did Bush openly sabotague America his last year in Office? The other 7 he DID try to coverup but the last year, he did not care. He knew his approval %.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
After reading the posts I almost forgot the point. Oh, Reid and Thomas getting the "Aw shucks, unstaged question. Not fair." It is not rightside or leftside but Pro-Republic. get a clue please.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Something must be done before we are forced to learn Chinese. They OWN us no matter how you look at it. And the press will never give us the truth no matter how pissed they get at Obama. They may smear him a little to maintain the normalcy of the media but never ever ever will they hang him like they did Clinton. And for what? An under-the-desk job from an intern. A third party must be introduced. No ifs ands or buts about it. And time is NOT on our side. We need the American Party. One of you has the means and the know-how. It has to be an ordinary citizen. No political background since having one has not helped as of yet. Food for thought.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

We got duped when we voted for a DEMOCRAT

the sad part is, all the tell tale signs were there the whole time the man was campaigning.

People often forget who was advising him. Look who he appointed to secretary of treasury...he was a farse. He is a farse. Just as every man running for office is. Besides one
. I wont go into that though.

The problem lies with the other side though. Where it is imperative that we minimize government, McCain was the extension of a Neo con agenda that over took the republican party which expanded government and threw all values out the window after 9/11...which doesnt really matter since the republican party has always been in bed with big oil and big business anyway.

But you are right, the way the system is setup now is a joke. A two party system is no longer viable without disgusting corruption.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

I agree we know nothing about him.

ONE set up like this (there are MANY MANY others too, but this is the topic at hand), prints in big red lettering the word LIAR on his forehead, at least in my eyes.

And when you are the POTUS lying to your people, the people should be weary, very weary.

It is not a business lie. It is not a foreign relations lie. It is not a national security lie. This is a personal lie. It is not for the better of the people. It is for the better of him.

I believe a lie can be good (very rarely)...this is not the case.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I have always despised democrats, because they scream fake.

After witnessing the McCain campaign, they scream it too. If we have to pick between Palin and Obama, I will screeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam.

Remember her comment after the whole joke scandal? "This is a time to thank our troops blah blah blah". For those who know what I am talking about - it is just another Obama. This time, appealing to white people and women!

More Change!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is, same with people.

If Obama and his administration is so transparent, why do they try so hard to hide certain things. I can understand questions being screened and at times having certain people ask those questions, but let's be fair, why is it so bad when someone asks something that makes this administration so bloomin' mad? And there hasn't been one press conference or town hall meeting that this hasn't happened in.

Also, it was completely wrong to not allow opposing information or opinions during commercial breaks during the health care town hall meeting. Sounds like somone is too darned worried that something like that would throw questions into the minds of people who actually use their minds. There are at least two sides to everything and Obama doesn't want the other side acknowledged in the least bit because it goes against him.

I would rather watch Bush look like an idiot and stumble for an answer he didn't have than watch Obama and his cronies get mad over someone asking about something that goes against them. Just makes ya think.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by opal13
I would rather watch Bush look like an idiot and stumble for an answer he didn't have than watch Obama and his cronies get mad over someone asking about something that goes against them. Just makes ya think.

I think that Bush just blew it off when he stumbled since he sucked at public speaking and probably knew it.

Obama acts like a spoiled child that doesn't have things go his way.

I can't wait to see how the next three years work out.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Saw the video, Gibbs just laughed the whole time like it was nothing. Obama is a liar and a crook. Anyone who thinks Bush was a liar and a crook, well not even close to "O", AKA by his supporters as "God".

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I am a Canadian, and even I know Fox news is a tabloid news channel. They are just horrible at distorting the actual facts.

Also it isn't shocking that presidents plant people in town hall meetings. I would bet money that tons of presidents before Obama have done so. I am sure Canadian PMs have done it as well. It makes them look good and helps bring out topics they want to discuss. Wouldn't you do it? I know I would if I was the head of a country.

As for Obama having to read everything, Bush did as well. It happens when they are giving speeches. That's why the teleprompter is there for them.

And for the record I think Bush is the biggest spoiled brat there is, he did anything for financial gain. He is still reaping the benefits of his companies.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadianmouse
And for the record I think Bush is the biggest spoiled brat there is, he did anything for financial gain. He is still reaping the benefits of his companies.

Really? And Obama isn't? Take a look at his healthcare bill, and the Cap and Trade. A lot of Obama's buddies will be making billions off these and others.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
...just a little reminder to you all. There are 50 million Americans without healthcare, a lot of them children.

Those 50 Million children are plants, every last one of those little buggers. All working for Obama's New World Order Agenda. Geez, wake up.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In all honesty ther seems to be a great deal of desperate hatred for our President among the same old posters. I agree he's not perfect, but you guys pounce at incidental things and go into full throttle hate speak immediately followed by...well he's all done now!!

I have been reading it for a year now and if your previous predictions are any indications I think our President will be just fine.

IMO - Many posters desire for him to fail seems like a strange fevered hateful lust, not tethered to reality.

Is it possible that the woman who asked the question was a DNC "associated" ...always associations...volounteer etc becuase she didn't have health care and supported Obama in hopes he would fix it?

Wouldn't you think the majority of those attending a town hall meeting for Obama would lean to the left just a little?

Or is beliveing that they would "plant" her for a single town hall meeting and risk the worldwide poltical embarrassment easier to swallow.

Her being an actual "plant" makes no sense any way you slice it...but as usual you guys aren't really concerned with thinking it out.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wow Mr. O is really hurting for fans it seems. sure if I made the money his staffers ahem.... completely average americans make I might be a plant too. Then again no I wouldn't.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
ugh, I know I'll be flamed for this one. I really don't think it's that bad people. What they're doing makes perfect sense. There are hundreds of people at the town halls. The administration chooses from a wide variety of questions that potentially represent the thoughts of millions of people. If you got to a town hall meeting, and only 5 people had good questions, and the rest were gibberish, a**kissing, nonsense, would you prefer that?

Additionally, most questions would be focused on local issues, but if we bring in questions from the entire US, it's much more comprehensive and useful.

Lastly, people are crying about the answers being prefabricated... Is that so bad? I personally prefer well thought out responses to what his press secretary did in that interview. Stumbling, unsure of the details, unsure of the facts, misunderstanding the question... etc

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
In all honesty ther seems to be a great deal of desperate hatred for our President among the same old posters. I agree he's not perfect, but you guys pounce at incidental things and go into full throttle hate speak immediately followed by...well he's all done now!!

Kinda like what we read here for eight years with Bush.
How's that shoe feeling now? Bit tight, huh?

I have been reading it for a year now and if your previous predictions are any indications I think our President will be just fine.

IMO - Many posters desire for him to fail seems like a strange fevered hateful lust, not tethered to reality.

Just fine? I certainly hope not. I hope he's run out on a rail in three years, if not sooner.

And I have three reasons why I want to see him fail:

Stimulus Bill

Heathcare Bill

Cap and Trade Bill.

Her being an actual "plant" makes no sense any way you slice it...but as usual you guys aren't really concerned with thinking it out.

Given that Obama isn't any different than any other politician, he probably thinks that everyone is an idiot and wouldn't catch on.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Helen Thomas was giving it to Gibbs yesterday. If anyone can smell BS it is her. She has stated they she has never witnessed this type of manipulation in any administration prior to Obama's.

Her statements speak volumes as to the nefarious nature of this administration and to the extremes they will go to in order to manipulate information and fabricate scenarios.

Who are they fooling? You don't piss of the press. The honeymoon is just about over with the true media not the cable tv talking heads. The true journalists have been slapped in the face and they are getting wary.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by jibeho]

helen Thomas kept asking, and Gibbs kept saying, "wait till the conference is over, before you judge us" , or something to that effect. The press is tired of these canned conferences , where they can't ask anything except stuff like, what's the presidents favorite flower, or colr, or some other stupid ass question like that.

Also, if Helen Thomas is po'd, they have messed with the wrong lady. She has been around since the George Washington administration. She can smell a setup, and they are tired of not being able to answer the questions they want.

I watched all of the story, and Gibbs was totally flustered. I want to see it happen again , and again. Is the honeymoon over between the press and Big O.???

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
For those of you who say Bush did the same thing ( which I do not know or care to be honest) Could you point out when his administration claimed to be open and transparent? And when did the networks give him a full day of air time to spout his propaganda?

Town hall meeting are supposed to be local people being given a chance to ask questions, Not a preselected group asking preselected questions.

Did anyone wonder what would have happened if Micheal Jackson had died the same day ABC held it's propaganda fest for the One? Which would they have shown? MJ or BHO? That would have been fun to see.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
f'sake

I have tried to post on a few threads over last few weeks but ended up deleting the text and closing the window rather than interact with some of you.

I cant take it any longer...To the anti Obama crew...one question > would you prefer Bush back or McCain instead? Or Clinton...

Really does it really matter who is the puppet this term..
well it does matter depending if you are a democrat or republican....in a ego, power way.

Now all this BS about setups etc....You guys getting all worked up on it, crickey LOL do any of you get so worked up when witnesses and accused take witness stands in court all over the world? Do they just speak the truth or do they have a rehearsed story before they hit the courts...

same goes for fake bidders at auctions, company reps on web sites, media informants, police setups, public officials, normal people even use this tactic. Anyone ever invited a friend to watch you perform, and be a ready made cheer squad.

Do I like it, no...is it to be expected, well yes been happening before we were all born.

About the only thing this footloose and hysterical thread is missing is the rhetoric of the red commies, and the involvement of the jews some how.

Let me finish............ the utter crap some of you sprout about the MSM being this and that yet when it comes to personal alliance to a political party they seem to turn into reparable agencies all the sudden.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Is it possible that the woman who asked the question was a DNC "associated" ...always associations...volounteer etc becuase she didn't have health care and supported Obama in hopes he would fix it?

Wouldn't you think the majority of those attending a town hall meeting for Obama would lean to the left just a little?

Or is beliveing that they would "plant" her for a single town hall meeting and risk the worldwide poltical embarrassment easier to swallow.

You have got to be kidding. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy's approval ratings were below Bush's by the end of the year.

He seems to have taking a couple of direct hits to his bow and is sinking fast. Mark this day on your calendar. It is July 2, 2009 and people are really, really mad.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join