It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama & administration busted at press conferences? Did anyone see...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
this this morning. I was briefly watching the news this morning (fox) and they were asking if the press was getting disenchanted with Obama and the administration controlling the media, regarding his press conference "set ups". They played a clip of someone questioning PS Gibbs about this and naturally he was hedging and the the woman again asked what happened to the openness and transparency of the administration. I didn't get to hear all of it as there was too much going on in the house.

Apparently, the woman on the town hall meeting about health care yesterday the gave the sob story about being out of work, no insurance, etc., was asked to come up so Obama could give her a hug and said the white house would look into it was a plant at that meeting as well. (not like that would have been the first "plant" either)

I am sure there is a video of it somewhere, although I didn't see one here and I can't search you tube and other sites like that as they are blocked at work. Does anyone have this, and did anyone also hear this?

[edit on 7/2/09 by opal13]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by opal13
Apparently, the woman on the town hall meeting about health care yesterday the gave the sob story about being out of work, no insurance, etc., was asked to come up so Obama could give her a hug and said the white house would look into it was a plant at that meeting as well. (not like that would have been the first "plant" either)

From what I heard this morning that not only was she a plant but she worked on his campaign committee. That is why this President loves town hall meetings because everything is screened in advance and he only has to answer the questions he wants. Just look at the last time a private citizen asked him a tough question i.e. Joe the plumber, he was demonized and the left applauded.

Is anyone really surprised?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

The president called randomly on three audience members. All turned out to be members of groups with close ties to his administration: the Service Employees International Union, Health Care for America Now, and Organizing for America, which is a part of the Democratic National Committee. White House officials said that was a coincidence.

According to Drudge she is also a A DNC volunteer.

Why am I not surprised?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Helen Thomas was giving it to Gibbs yesterday. If anyone can smell BS it is her. She has stated they she has never witnessed this type of manipulation in any administration prior to Obama's.

Her statements speak volumes as to the nefarious nature of this administration and to the extremes they will go to in order to manipulate information and fabricate scenarios.

Who are they fooling? You don't piss of the press. The honeymoon is just about over with the true media not the cable tv talking heads. The true journalists have been slapped in the face and they are getting wary.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yes, you're right about the town hall people, but I wonder how long it will take the general population of Obama worshippers to catch on, cause the press is starting to get peeved. I never ceases to amaze me how many haven't caught on to the fact that he can't answer a question that isn't pre-scripted.

What I was really looking for was the clip of when the reporter was grilling Gibbs. I heard her asking but I never heard how he replied (or most likely tried to come up with a good sounding line of BS to avoind a reply).

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks, I was typing when you posted. How'd he answer her?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Why would any administration not do this?

It's done day in day out and nobody cares. Eventually these little scams always come out wither immediately or years later and nobody cares.

When an administration can send in snipers to plug a woman in the head for holding her baby and blow millions on camping special forces and military helicopters to collect a few thousand in "back taxes" from an elderly New Hampshire couple and not only get away with it but receive cheers and cries for "more, more" from the voting population why the hell would any administration even think twice about simple schiester tricks like plants in the audience?

They're all crooks, thieves and murderers and the sooner we stop feigning "outrage" at these little games they play the sooner we can be rid of the lot of them.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Here is a link with a story and video clip. Glib Gibbs is a true a--hole. Thomas chimes in and doesn't back down.

newsbusters.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
"The chickens!.....Have come home to rroooossst!!!"

oh how fitting that sounds now.
Is the "slobbering love affair" over? or are these just jealous jilted lovers that will willingly get back in bed once they are pampered?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by opal13

Here is a link with a story and video clip. Glib Gibbs is a true a--hole. Thomas chimes in and doesn't back down.

newsbusters.org...

i agree with helen thomas that the obama admin. chose people that agreed with him, but i've also seen obama take on people that disagreed with him. after all the rhetoric from big corporate media trying to discreetly smack down the presidents health care program (and i have seen plenty of that), his administration is trying to show the other side. was the town hall biased toward people that had terrible problems with the current system?...of course...because the current system's failures from corporate health care companies, are not shown on corporate media companies programming.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
"The chickens!.....Have come home to rroooossst!!!"

oh how fitting that sounds now.
Is the "slobbering love affair" over? or are these just jealous jilted lovers that will willingly get back in bed once they are pampered?

maybe if you got over you "slobbering love affair" with FOX NEWS (the godlike messiah of media) and their "lustful hate of all liberals" lead by the "grand wizard of the airwaves" rush limbaugh, an adult conversation might be able to take place.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

you didn't answer my question sweetheart.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am flabbergasted, I knew it was propaganda but darn this how low the administration and the government will go just to manipulate public opinion, no that I know how much manipulation goes around but this just the tip of the ice.

People our government thinks we are dumb and stupid and they have no morals to tells us in our faces all the time, specially with shows like this one.

What a joke we have become to our own for the people elected government.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Oh...my...God...NO WAY! The president uses plants in a town hall meeting? Ugh! I'm just so shocked and appalled right now. I think I'm going to hurl.

**please note that I am laying the sarcasm on pretty darn thick here**

Do you guys really think Obama is the only one to manipulate the town hall meetings to make him look good? When will you guys get over it? Do you honestly think that Bush was completely open and straight forward in his town hall meetings. Do you really think think that he was sincere in his quest to "get to know what's on people's minds"?

I think that some of you really need to stop being so shocked at things like this and then point fingers at [insert the party opposite of yours here] saying, "Look! Look! They are so corrupt. We caught them in the act!!! Okay [insert the party opposite of your here], you need to grovel at our feet and admit defeat now. Your candidate has BEEN EXPOSED!"

I am asking an honest question here. Do you honestly think these incidents are only played out by democrats or that [insert any Democratic president here] are the only ones who practice blatant media manipulation to make themselves look good?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Gee......volunteers posing as audience members? Oldest trick in the book. A newspaper I used to work's list of outside news sources was comprised mostly of.....employees, family members, neighbors and a handful of outsiders who were personally involved with them.

No offense, but Bush also was accused of these tactics, Clinton at least took questions even if he was not always truthful. The last honest president we had was Carter and people despised him for it, he admitted the country had issues it couldn't readily solve. God forbid an ex-president admits to "lusting" after women or makes valid criticisms of Palestinian conflict but it's ok to brag about an unjustifed war. Where is this country's sense of morals?

[edit on 2-7-2009 by secretagent woooman]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You people act like this is something new.

What? The government used propaganda? What? The government is lying?

NO WAI

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If this is not ONE REASON to completely hate his entire group, I do not know what is.

It is SET UPS LIKE THIS that scream

"I am a liar but must portray a nice man" image into my head.

If Bush did this, he would have been crippled.

People hated Bush. Why? Because he sucked.
People love Obama. Why? Because he sucks too?

I am missing something here. Oh wait, never mind. It is because he gives his love and support to ladies like this.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
If this is not ONE REASON to completely hate his entire group, I do not know what is.

It is SET UPS LIKE THIS that scream

"I am a liar but must portray a nice man" image into my head.

If Bush did this, he would have been crippled.

People hated Bush. Why? Because he sucked.
People love Obama. Why? Because he sucks too?

I am missing something here. Oh wait, never mind. It is because he gives his love and support to ladies like this.

Its a way to dodge the tough questions. If he has the questions before hand, Obama can preselect what ones he will answer. Presidents have done this on many ocassion; however, Obama is the only one who has done it since day one (before he was elected). During an interview on PBS, Tom Brokaw of NBC news metioned that we know nothing about the man. Obama has been able to control the media in such a way, which he has prevented any type of challange. If the media is not able to ask a tough question, on the spot, Obama will not be stoppable when it comes to policy making. Its a tall tale sign of him being a liar, or he is hidding something from the public. This is very bad.

Do you know what the problem is now? We still don't know anything about him, and he has been in office for several months now. This is ver-very bad. He just told a nation that America is no longer a Christian/Jewish nation. When the hell did that happen, and why didn't anyone question him about the comment?

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Obama and his administrations obvious lies could have been predicted as easily as it would be predicted that Fox news would play the detractor and MSNBC would play the Monica Lewinski of the media.

But it must be noted that his secrecy is no different than any other administration for the last 75 years.

And believeing Fox news in anything is just as gullible as those who believed Obama would take the high road with American people and treat us like adults.

Both Fox news and Obama are full of complete B.S., and neither have the best interets of the American people.

Its high time people learned that until someone is elected President that is not part of either main party then this is the kind of crap we are going to get from our President

[edit on 2-7-2009 by open_eyeballs]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join