It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carcinogen Found in KFC's New Grilled Chicken

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

I happen to like their crispy chicken once in a while, but for some reason the new grilled one is very undesirable, I mean at least for me and people that I know that have taste it.

Fast food is an American trend, I stay away from it for most part, but I know people like my son that live of it everyday of his 22 years of age.

Even when he is slim and fix I know that eventually this fast food diet will come back later on in life and bite him in the butt.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It's not that they didn't find heterocyclic amines. It's that they're supposed to be in cooked meat. They're created by cooking certain meats, chicken included. What would have been startling would have been to have not found them!

This is absolutely misrepresented. Total spin, if you want to use it like it's a political game, and the way it's being played here, it is. It's deliberate ignorance (on the part of the people who published this report) to further some political goal, because any biochemist and hopefully physician could tell you how common and natural heterocyclic amines are. A heterocyclic amine is created, in case you don't know (and I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you don't have any training or knowledge relavent to chemistry or biochemistry), by the reaction of an amino acid (this is the building block of a protein) which is obviously fundamental to the meat itself and a creatine, an organic acid found in muscles. This reaction takes place spontaneously at high temperatures, and is therefore an unavoidable consequence of cooking meat at these temperatures.

Essentially, this study is testing the ocean for traces of water, and then screaming that you have toxic dihydrogen monoxide that is deadly when inhaled. If you really want to avoid these heterocyclic amines, then don't eat cooked meat!

Sensational at best, malicious at worst.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Johnmike]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Now I can agree with you after that post, but the same testing that this panel has done on KFC they also have done on many other fast food chain grilled chicken including like I have been saying Berger king, and they acknowledge a problem with the meat, perhaps over cooked? I am not expert and have not in one moment claim that I am.

The problem here is part of what the findings tells and the claim that this grilled chicken is better for you health conscious consumers that is the problem that is been targeted here.

And that is why KFC is been targeted by the FCC and groups like the one in the OP.

BTW this article was send to me by my husband and he works for the federal government not any food or anti fast food groups. Actually he love fast food

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And that is why KFC is been targeted by the FCC and groups like the one in the OP.

Actually, no it hasn't. I was going to let that slide, but..

Originally posted by marg6043
The FCC also has told KFC's to stop their advertisement using the world "eat" because it violates the rules that KFC's food is the best thing for consumption

No. No it hasn't. Did you even bother to find the source of that information?

It's The Onion. A mock news site.

www.theonion.com...

"KFC's claim that its fried offerings have 'that taste you'll just love to eat' is in direct violation of federal regulations," acting FCC chairman Michael Copps said. "The word 'eat' is legally permissible only in reference to substances appropriate for human consumption. Any implication that a consumer could or should 'enjoy' a KFC Crispy Strip fails to meet these standards, and presents an unlawful deception to consumers."

In case you couldn't tell from the wording, that's a joke.

Another hoax. Twice in one thread, combo!

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Johnmike]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Well I see now where you coming from and how you claim is a hoax, well I be darn.

But then the testing was also a hoax? and the findings were also a hoax?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The FCC thing is separate. It's a joke you interpreted as fact.

The study from the OP itself did find what should be there, but the way it represents it is misleading enough to cry hoax over. So it's fallacious in its presentation.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I find interesting that the same way that the PCRM tested other fast food restaurants they actually won a law sue.

But KFC is not the only restaurant serving carcinogen-containing grilled chicken. Last year, PCRM filed suit against McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A, Chili’s, T.G.I. Friday’s, Outback Steakhouse, Burger King, and Applebee’s for knowingly exposing customers to PhIP without warning them of its risks. The suit was brought under California’s Proposition 65, which states that consumers must be warned about products that contain known carcinogens.

The lawsuit is based on tests that found PhIP in 100 grilled chicken samples from the seven restaurant chains. The findings, compiled from independent laboratory tests commissioned by PCRM scientists, were published in the September 2008 issue of Nutrition and Cancer.

From the source.

So the problem with the carcinogents is real but the part of FCC claims is a hoax.

Now I got it.
I thought that the entired OP was a hoax.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No, it's not real. They're filing lawsuits for publicity. I'm not going to go into it, but the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is radical and biased, funded by vegan extremists and PETA to further an agenda.

So yes, your OP is a hoax, since it's crying wolf. This thread should be closed, but we can just let it die now.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just looked it up on Wikipedia if you're curious.

en.wikipedia.org...

The American Council on Science and Health is critical of PCRM's nutritional policies, saying that the group emphasize and exaggerate the reliability of certain research, to further an animal rights agenda.[12].

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has donated more than $1.3m to PCRM.[16] PETA is based in Norfolk, Va., and PCRM in Washington, D.C. There is a third organization called Foundation to Support Animal Protection housed out of the same address as PETA. This organization's board consists in part of PCRM founder and president Neal Barnard and PETA president Ingrid Newkirk.[17] The IRS form 990s filed for FSAP confirm that from 1999 through 2000 PCRM was a supported organization. Since 2000, FSAP has declined to itemize its supported organizations.[18]

The ties between PCRM, PETA, and FSAP have been criticized by the American Council on Science and Health[19] and The American Physiological Society.[20]

PCRM has been accused of having links with militant animal rights activists. Jerry Vlasak, a former spokesman for the PCRM, caused controversy in 2004 when he said, "I don't think you'd have to kill too many researchers. I think for five lives, 10 lives, 15 human lives, we could save a million, 2 million, 10 million non-human lives." PCRM subsequently distanced themselves from Vlasak, who acknowledged he was working independently of the group.[21]

The Observer reports that, in 2001, PCRM president Neil Barnard joined Kevin Jonas, a former leader of Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty (SHAC), to co-sign hundreds of letters sent to the bosses of companies involved with Huntingdon Life Sciences (HLS), a contract animal-testing company, asking them to sever their relationships with HLS. [12] Jonas was later jailed under the Animal Enterprise Protection Act for running the SHAC USA campaign's website, which aims to close HLS down.[22]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
I hope all carnivores get cancer, I really do. Bon appétit, vampires, bon appétit.

The above mentioned quote would be quite magnificent printed on a shiny new colostomy bag!

Bon appétit, mon chéri

researchers also found a higher rate of colorectal cancer – a disease usually linked with eating red meat – among the vegetarians.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

UK researchers found that vegetarians had a lower overall cancer rate than meat eaters, but contrary to suggestions from other studies, they found a higher rate of colorectal cancer among the vegetarians than among the meat eaters.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Snisha]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the information and thanks for sticking with me until I saw the hoax in the article.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

Interesting when most of the time the doctors tells you that you need to eat ore vegetables, fruit and overall fiber to keep your colon clean.

But as usual all diets that are only base on one type of food while ignoring the rest is never a good way to maintain an overall healthy life.

I am a meat eater even when I try to limit their intake and stick with poultry and fish, but heck I can not go for too long without craving red meat to the point that I am dying for a stake and the bloodier the better.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have never tried the KGC before, I think I'll grab me a barrel this weekend, it sounds delicious! Recipe tip: freeze several pieces of KFC before your outing, do not unthaw, place over campfire to reheat, and i promise you, this will be the best chicken you have ever tasted. MM MM Juicy!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hrmmmmm

KFC

Employing an army of Hepatitis infected Meth Amphetamine abusers until doomsday...

LOL

You CAN NOT Get Cancer from KFC...

If you eat enough to cause Cancer your going to die of a Heart attack or stroke long before it metastasizes

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I will have to agree with that and while the poster before you make me hungry your make me laugh.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join