It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carcinogen Found in KFC's New Grilled Chicken

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I did ate from all those chain foods, back in my 20s, after moving to the US I went crazy,
, it was a change in diet, from my home grown and raised animals and products.

I have to say that I love it, but then later in my 20s I starting to stay away from all that stuff and now may be once in while I bend to a desire to eat fast food, but is not as tasty as it used too.

Like I say I try the new KFC's grilled chicken because the advertisement was so good, but I was very disappointed about the chicken.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I worked at KFC and that store used expired chicken for the BBQ sandwiches. Before the birds were deepfried they had a bluegreen tint and stunk. Believe or dont believe. I have worked around food since age 16. Seen a deli use rubbing alcohol to erase expired inkstamp date and put new date. Seen employee piss in slaw. Seen cross contamination more times than I can count. Seen food both cooked amd uncooked dropped on floor and still used. Seen employee leave bathroom with no water at sink nor hand sanitizer and go straight to making pizza with no gloves. Seen bugs picked out of food after cooked then served. Believe or dont believe. Eating out no matter how much you spend is not safe and thinking so is naive. I no longer eat out. I miss it but cannot mentally do it anymore. Watch the movie Waiting. It is NOT fiction but an everyday fact. Believe it or not. Your choice. Bon appetite.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

I can tell you this much, my mother would not eat food that is cooked by anybody that she doesn't trust.

I also have heard the horrible stories about what happens in the back kitchen in fast food.

But everything is good and dandy and we tent to keep a blind eye and trust anybody with our food.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by marg6043

You are correct. I can proudly and honestly say I have NEVER EVER tainted anyones food. At several of my jobs I got complaints from management because when I worked I used so many paper towels because I constantly washed my hands. I spent my childhood watching my grandmothers cook because thats what they did; 3 meals a day 7 days a week. The generation working in restaurants now for the most part are filthier than animals. The last restaurant I was employed had an 18 yr old girl working with me who had an infected bellyring, puss filled, and she touched it constantly and then prepared food. All these things I saw I reported and in the long run I was the jerk who couldnt get along with others. You be the judge. No, eating out is no longer an option for me. And I dread eating at a friends unless I am in their kitchen the whole time they cook.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

For once the Chicken didn't look anything like the one advertised, it was skinny low grade quality and while the taste was "OK" it was not what I expected.

Hmm Marge.. I thought that was just me. I tried it, and I thought I got a "bad batch" .. It looked like it may have been sitting out for most of the afternoon. Tasted horrible. And I love the original, I was thinking of trying it again.. I think that may be a bad idea now lol.

I will write it off as a lost cause.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I wasent too pleased with it either; my grilled breast had barely any chicken and it was like 90% bone.

Im not a big fan of KFC, it seems that most of their workers are incapable of proper communication in the English language and they are always trying to cheat me ... when I ask for the combo with drink, fries, and chicken strips for example they will argue with me and try to make me pay extra for the drink and fries even though it comes with the meal. LOOK AT THE FREAKING PICTURE on the menu sign for God's sake! If the picture shows a soda cup, a thing of fries, a biscuit and the chicken strips then I expect ALL of those things for the displayed price.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I am a fan of KFC regular crispy chicken, mash potatoes and gravy, no that I eat it all the time, I think that is about cravings once or two times a year.

But the new grilled caught my eye and my husbands as well, so we decided to try it, like I say it was nothing like the advertisement.

reply to post by max.is.awake

Now that is no surprise at all, my daughter knew at least two girls that worked for the local hooters that had sexual transmitted diseases and were handling food.

until this day I have never been in that place and has been open for two years already they are still working in there.

My son said that when he was working at the local Sasby when they were very busy and food fell on the floor they will picked up and served anyway.

reply to post by ChrisF231

I tell you what my husband is the kind that he even count the pieces of food to make sure they have not shorten him out, he does like fast food, but that is his choice.

And he will argue with anybody when something is not right.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You need to reevaluate how you intend to present information. I wouldnt call anything youve said part of a discussion...

You have lost all credibility today. Intentionaly misleading statements, out right lies, and severe denial is all that has come out of your mouth here.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You really need to check your chemistry before you post and make yourself look silly.

Look at this.

www.cancer.gov...

Research has shown that cooking certain meats at high temperatures creates chemicals that are not present in uncooked meats. A few of these chemicals may increase cancer risk. For example, heterocyclic amines (HCAs) are the carcinogenic chemicals formed from the cooking of muscle meats such as beef, pork, fowl, and fish. HCAs form when amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) and creatine (a chemical found in muscles) react at high cooking temperatures. Researchers have identified 17 different HCAs resulting from the cooking of muscle meats that may pose human cancer risk.

Research conducted by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as well as by Japanese and European scientists indicates that heterocyclic amines are created within muscle meats during most types of high temperature cooking.

This is present in practically all cooked meat! This thread is a HOAX!

The OP created this thread either in a dishonest attempt to discredit KFC through lies, or simply didn't bother to check her information at all with someone who knows what he's talking about before posting.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Johnmike]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well take it with the site that gave the information and make a case with them, I am just bringing what was given and you take it of leave it.

And as for my credibility, opinions are like butt holes everybody have one.

So you are entitle to your opinions and if anybody can prove that the site information posted by the link is lying then be my guess.

I challenge anybody that can prove that is misinformation and that places like KFC only serve high quality food.

Any takes?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Marg6043

Who do you think you are kidding? You tried to start a rumor about KFC chicken begin full of carcinogens.

This was NOT a thread about the quality of the food in terms of sanitation.

When it was pointed out that the "carcinogens" were in all grilled meat - you then tried to say that the carcinogens were in higher concentration because of the "grade of the chicken". By this - you implied that you knew what the test results were and that you could compare it to the other "grades" of grilled chicken.

If this is what you call a debate - please - go back to your employer and asked to be re-assigned to a website where the people aren't as knowledgeable.

Michelle

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I have been in ATS for a long time and by the amount of post I have agendas are not what it brought me here, obviously something is bothering you but that is your problem no mine, take the information and do whatever you want with it.

I hope you have a happy grilled chicken dinner from KFCs today, tender and juicy.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
After the findings on the KFC calls its new Kentucky Grilled Chicken “the better-for-you chicken for health-conscious customers.” carcinogens, KFC still will not add warnings on their food like Berger King did.

If the chicken can be a hazard to your health then the claims that is better for you chicken for health conscious customers should not be use in their advertisements.

Now again can anybody disclaim that the KFC doesn't contain any carcinogens, can anybody deny that the chicken was tested by an independent source as the article say?

I forgot I am just bashing KFC because I have something to do with my "employer" and benefiting from this.

BTW can my executioners tell me what kind of job I do

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Finally, some good news for a change. LMAO, serves all you vampires right for eating the flesh and blood of other lifeforms. I hope all carnivores get cancer, I really do. Bon appétit, vampires, bon appétit.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Why are you making a joke out of the fact that you just tried to spread a hoax, and everyone went along with it? The best thing to do is to edit the opening post to reflect the new information objectively and ensure it isn't misleading as it is now.

All cooked meat has this "carcinogen." It's a chemical part of cooking meats. You misrepresented information, probably just because you read the site and didn't consider your integrity important enough to verify fact beforehand.

It's okay, just deny ignorance.
Hate KFC for real reasons, but live up to the fact that this is not one of them.

P.S. The amount of time you've been on this forum isn't THAT impressive.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Somebody please tell me this is a joke.

I too was lured into that grease pit of a restaurant by the very appealing add for grilled chicken.

The chicken was terrible. I didn't eat but a bite and would not even take it home to my dog.

The joke I am referring to is the treatment some of you are giving Marg. It seems a bit harsh.

Yes, she lives in Georgia but was not born here like I was. She's smart, witty and I respect her.

Please play nice. If not, may you all be rounded up and put in fema camps and have Kentucky Grilled Chicken fed to you 3 times a day.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yet another reason why KFC sucks. If you are going to eat fast food chicken, do yourself a favor and go to Bojangles.....it will change your life.

And, if you unfortunately do not live in the Southeast where Bojangles is available, go to Popeyes. KFC is just terrible all the way around.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
You know - it does occur to me to ask - why did the nice doctor in the white coat attempt to hoax everyone into believing that KFC grilled chicken is different and full of carcinogens from other grilled meat.

Perhaps everyone should be asking why doctors are full out lying to the public - and why.

And certainly everyone should be learning to ask the questions that will reveal the lies.

Tired of Control Freaks.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

All cooked meat has this "carcinogen." It's a chemical part of cooking meats. You misrepresented information, probably just because you read the site and didn't consider your integrity important enough to verify fact beforehand.[

Take with the site and their independent testing panel if you can prove that their information is wrong they you have a point but so far you have not.

It's okay, just deny ignorance.
Hate KFC for real reasons, but live up to the fact that this is not one of them.[/quote[

And that is just a personal opinion like mine telling "don't eat the chicken".

P.S. The amount of time you've been on this forum isn't THAT impressive.

Very,
are you jealous?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Actually when this was brought to the attention of the Berger king they did something about it, they stop using propaganda that their food was "good to eat" and put warning on their food label.

This what the FCC told them to do,

After all the carcinogens found are a concern for the food administration standards.

So is not a hoax is true, regardless what some are trying to push here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join