It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fires third short-range missile: South

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

North Korea fires third short-range missile: South

www.reuters.com

North Korea test-fired a third short-range missile on Thursday, a South Korean defense ministry spokesman said.

The spokesman said the missile was launched around 7:50 p.m. (1050 GMT) but gave no further details. Earlier the ministry said the North had fired two surface-to-ship missiles between 5:20 p.m. (0820 GMT) and 6 p.m. from its east coast.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Not much info at the moment - just breaking.

Interestingly the missile went south, and not towards mainland America as has been reportedly threatened!!
However there is still the possibility that another test will be carried out on the 4th July aimed at America.

I wouldn't rule it out, Kim seems pretty intent on causing as much trouble as he can get away with!

www.reuters.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman

Interestingly the missile went south, and not towards mainland America as has been reportedly threatened!!
However there is still the possibility that another test will be carried out on the 4th July aimed at America.

I wouldn't rule it out, Kim seems pretty intent on causing as much trouble as he can get away with!

www.reuters.com

they were not aimed at america since being short-range missiles i think

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

The report didn't say it went South. It more than likely headed East, towards the Sea of Japan. I think you confused the "South" in the headline, but that should have read South Korea, as that was the reporting source.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

Think you're right there, just assumed Kim fired them south as yet another show of 'might'.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I just saw where they fired a fourth. I didn't read the article as I was looking for something else and don't have much time on the computer at work.

How many more will fly today I wonder.

"North Korea test-fired four short-range missiles Thursday, South Korea's Defense Ministry said, a move that aggravates already high tensions following Pyongyang's recent nuclear test and U.N. sanctions imposed as punishment.

Two ground-to-ship missiles were fired from the eastern coastal city of Wonsan on Thursday afternoon, a ministry official said on condition of anonymity citing department policy.

The North also fired a third missile later from the east coast, but the exact site and the type of a rocket was not immediately known, the official said. Another ministry official — also speaking on condition of anonymity citing department policy — said the North later fired a fourth missile, though she provided no details."

abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 7/2/09 by opal13]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Wow, three missle tests in one day. What I find interesting is that I read an article from earlier today where US Intelligence said that there was no activity at North Korean Missile sites! If North Korea's threats mean anything, the US could be blind sided!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I suspect that the US is watching the long range missile launch sites. I have heard that the short range ones can be launched from a truck.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is a chessgame nobody can afford to play. As advanced as a species we think we are, we still haven't gotten past the territorial ape mentality that is constantly urging us to "throw poo".

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
All I can say is the talking heads on CNN have said it is confirmed that 4th short range missile fired.

I am sure a few long range fires are coming.

I still think little kimmy is trying to get the US/West to do something as to start a war.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

it certainly does appear that way, but for the life of me I cannot find one reason anyone would gain by this action. Only bad things would come from this, on both sides. Has Kim died and some evil general has him propped up like "Weekend at Berines"? Whatever, I am about tired of hearing about NK being in the news.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

My take is that it is not N.K. that would benefit from a war, but China/Russia.

Many people are foolish enough to think that either of em are the West's friends or have our best interest at heart.

Also, I say, if little kimmy tries shooting an ICBM over the US, the US should "test" a few ICBM's that happen to have a flight plan over N.K.

Furthermore, if N.K or China does not like it, I say we tell tell them both exactly what they have been telling us.

[edit on 7/2/2009 by mrmonsoon]

[edit on 7/2/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They've just launched a FOURTH one too..!

I wonder where are they headed - DPRK i.e.

Why thealmost desperate need to self annihilate - what does kim jong

truly want ? I truly feel sad for the North Koreans -

the general public i.e .. innocents being dragged into one man's ego

war. They ain't done nothing to deserve the kind of response that

theyregonna get if Kim continues with his stupid ways.

-

But hey, c'est la vie, oui ?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman

what would be the point in shooting a short range missile at the U.S? The long range that they think might head in the direction is due 4th july..

If Kim farted i'd say someone would start a thread about it..

At least wait til he nukes something.......

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashestoashes
They've just launched a FOURTH one too..!

I wonder where are they headed - DPRK i.e.

Why thealmost desperate need to self annihilate - what does kim jong

truly want ? I truly feel sad for the North Koreans -

the general public i.e .. innocents being dragged into one man's ego

war. They ain't done nothing to deserve the kind of response that

theyregonna get if Kim continues with his stupid ways.

link please

line 2

-

But hey, c'est la vie, oui ?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm so sorry.

I guess I should've posted the link before ..

Here it is..by www.abovetopsecret.com... 8201.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
oh man !
sorry - im a newbie.
dunno how to properly post links to the sources.

heres the site address...

www.reuters.com...

am almost red with embarresment.

but hey - unlike ThePowersThatBe (TPTB), at least i'm willing to learn - huh .

apologies again.

cheers - @sh

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ashestoashes

Ashes,

Your doing fine.

Everyone makes mistakes when they are new to posting.

As long as you are willing to post links (proof) you will do fine.

Understand there are some jerks that will complain, but aren't there always...

top topics

join