It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Cannot be Contained!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

You're correct that the regular flu kills people every year, but that's in the autumn/winter, we're talking summer here and also about a flu that is resistant to oseltamivir (Tamiflu).

I'm not saying that we should overrate H1N1 and panic but we should certainly not downplay it like it's some seasonal flu.

edit: spelling

[edit on 2-7-2009 by -Rugged Shark-]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
As much as I try, this doesn't make me afraid at all. I just can't get worked up about it.

If it's nothing, it's nothing. If it's deadly, it's deadly. I'm not going to spend my life worrying about it, if it kills me it kills me.

That's not to say I won't try to avoid it, or prepare for the possibility of it being awful, but I won't let it run my life.

I think the government has #ed up big time. They've tried to scare the # out of people on so many occasions people are becoming immune to fear.

Deadly Pandemic? Right... Whatever...

Terrorist attack? Mhmm....

Asteroid obliterating humanity? Well, we'll try to shoot it down, but if it doesn't work, oh well.

Stop being afraid of the future. Certainly you should prepare yourself, but don't ever be changed by fear.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I am starting to get a little worried, not run to the hills type panic , but I am one of those considered high risk. The chances are if the predictions are right, It's pretty likely I'm gonna get swine flu at some point. I'm 30 years old, had a lot of chemotherapy and not sure if my immune system could handle Swine Flu.If a vaccination comes along I may be forced to take it as a lesser of 2 evils

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Im sure the stuff they put in the vaccine will do you more harm than the actuall swine flu..

Gahhh i dont know what to beleive anymore, ATS has taught me not to take the shot but my common sense is telling me to have it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Haydn_17- just read this about the UK and wanted to post it, as you're there!

Looks like Donaldson, etc., expect some rough times this autumn- take care:

www.abc.net.au...

Edit:
I don't think this is a number that will be limited to the UK: anti-viral resistance is growing; Argentina and surrounding countries are overwhelmed and shutting down; the US is loosing many per day, and even in countries with small numbers of "confirmed" cases, there are deaths reported. I think we should take this info and apply it to wherever we live.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by CultureD]

Further EDIT: If we give out anti-virals without confirmation, every country will become resistant, and those who need them most- asthmatics, etc., will be SOL. It's time to limit the use of anti-virals to save their efficacy for those who need them the most

[edit on 3-7-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You don't have to justify your need to anyone- your body is yur own. My mother has life-threatening asthma- and as against modern vacines as I am, I admit freely that 15 years of seasonal flu shots have probably saved her life.

Now, with the adjuvants and crap in them (or, at least, more than before), she will still take the vaccine this year- because a bad flu could, and most likely would- kill her.

Don't apologize for your choices--it's your body and your future. And it IS a lesser of two evils choice- but if you, like my mom, trade a risk for some protection- I will not judge you- nor would any sentient human, who has any "humanity".

I wish you health and peace in your choices. Do NOT feel you need to justify them!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DDay

Argentina, and indeed, all of South America, are in big trouble:

www.nytimes.com...

Brazil is considering closing borders; hospitals are overwhelmed and people are in dire straits.

Australia is also seeing exponential rises in cases- the S. Hemisphere is telling us a lot about what to expect in 6-12 weeks here in the norht:
www.abc.net.au...

Keep safe, all

top topics

<< 1   >>

join