It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Cannot be Contained!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The rising number of swine flu cases mean trying to contain the virus is no longer an option, the government says.

Minsiters said the emergency response would now move to a new "treatment" phase across the UK as there may soon be 100,000 new cases a day.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Oh no spaghetti o's

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Are you surprised ?

But how come this is not in the flu season, is the flu season a myth too ?

Am confused about the whole thing and the lack of any media interest in Jane Burgermeister or is that untrue too?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Im surpised at the 100,000 a day, i though it would be 1000 a day not 100k

There are 70k people in my city, thats like my whole city gettting swine flu in one day!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
like any disease that is caught the numbers rise exponentially

1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128 etc

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I knew this when the Big O man said ''too late the horse already left the barn.''

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If the virus does mutate into a killer the world will be left devastated.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
if the number of confirmed cases just doubled it would only take 17 days to have the infection rate of 131,072 in one day, but this is all guess work cos we don't have the staff numbers to process this number of samples to confirm it anyway.

Someone is pulling these figures out of the air probably from a maths projection just like I did at the beginning.

The thing is this is just going to create a panic and like all good sheep in a panic we will all very neatly jump the fence and fall into whatever trap has been set.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The scientists are just playing pandemic 2 and getting the figures off that

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
At this stage the best advice is probably to get this current flu - it might give you some resistance to the next mutated version - though I doubt it - the next version will be another engineered one and designed to kill I think.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
yeah that not processing samples they probably using the suspect samples to contaminate the water supply, listen folks just remember to keep your heads cool. No panic, do not be panicked, mistakes happen then

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Does anyone know for sure if jane burgermeister really did file charges, I can't get anyone to take me seriously on that at all

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Not sure i havent heard any news.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I asked My dad (who is 80 and been around a long time) if he thought it was possible (bioterrorism and intent to cause mass genocide)

His reply was yes it is and he can remember a case in Norfolk many years ago when the army drove round releasing gas that made a lot of people very ill, think it might have been during the war and they were using the very people they were meant to protect as test subjects.

I'm scared, but that ain't what's going to kill me so I'll calm down and wait and watch for whatever is coming

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I saw your earlier post about your Dad, try not to worry too much, we can't stop whatever is going to happen but we can change the way things turn out.

We all have a role to play and our actions whether independent or collective can screw any plan that may have been drawn up because people are unpredictable

So don't panic, keep a clear head and don't die from fear cos that would be a waste !

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Don't you think if our governments didn't want us to get this flu then they would have stopped all travel from the source?
I mean prevention is better than cure, so why was there no prevention?

Don't ya just love em!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Double post!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by no1dea]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
At this stage the best advice is probably to get this current flu - it might give you some resistance to the next mutated version - though I doubt it - the next version will be another engineered one and designed to kill I think.

Wow, that isn't a very wise advise. If you have the current strain and manage to recover, you still can get infected with the mutations of that strain. So the best advise is not to get the virus at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'll stay indoors then, thank God tesco deliever

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I just read a story that Argentina is overwhelmed with cases and deaths. The deaths I have to say seem to be increasing. I wouldn't expect to get too much out of the US media anyway because this isn't our flu season but rather the southern hemispheres turn.

I don't think tho that this is going to go away. I think we are going to see a lot more mutation and deaths.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You guys, every year, the flu kills people. Mostly, the young, the old, and the immunocompromised. It's just nature's way.

So far, the only deaths I've heard about (at least, here in this country) are the young, the old, and the immunocompromised. I haven't heard anything about it killing millions of strong, healthy people like it did back in 1918. If that starts to happen, THEN we can worry. But for right now, it's just the flu.

It is strange that it's happening OUT of flu season, but for now, it doesn't seem to be killing healthy people, so everyone can just take a deep breath and relax.

Here's something else that might put your mind at ease: I'm a hospital pharmacist in a small community hospital, and so far, we have not had even ONE case of flu admitted to the hospital. A few months ago, when this swine flu scare started getting a lot of attention, all the area hospitals got shipments of anti-viral medications delivered to us in case of a big pandemic. Well, we have not had to dispense even one prescription. We haven't gotten ANY cases of flu admitted to the hospital yet. Seriously...not one.

Also, let me tell you something: getting a mild case of the flu is actually nothing to be scared about. Sure, it's not pleasant, but the human body NEEDS to have occasional viruses to fight off to keep our immune system healthy and strong. Vaccinating us or avoiding all illnesses at all costs only weakens our immune system over-all, and makes us weaker. Not only weaker as individuals, but weaker as a species, too.

Little flu epidemics are like little forest fires. Small annual forest fires keeps the forests, as a whole, healthy and stronger. If you put out all the little forest fires, the underbrush gets too thick, and then one day, a huge fire comes along and wipes out the entire forest. Not good. That's why it's good to let nature take it's course, and let the small forest fires burn every year.

Same thing with flu epidemics. They are NEEDED. Think of mild flu epidemics as small, annual forest fires, making the forest stronger. There is a reason for EVERYTHING in nature, even viruses. The viruses keep our immune system healthy and strong. When we start screwing with nature, then that's when things get out of wack. I never used to think this, but now, after being a pharmacist for so many years, I truly believe this.

WE are the problem....WE are causing all these rising problems of chronic illness and drug-resistant strains of bacteria and viruses. Nature is not creating chronic illness and drug-resistant super-bugs...WE are, because of our actions.

So really, as far as this flu epidemic goes, I think someone is trying to cause a panic. I just don't know why. Maybe to push mass vaccinations, which is scary, because I refuse to get vaccinated ever again. I know too much about the dangers of vaccination....but that's another story.

In any case, if I hear of any sudden spikes in the flu here in Arizona, I'll let you know. But for now, it seems that this flu is no different than any other flu, except for the timing of it, in the middle of summer. But it's not killing a lot of people. If we start hearing about LOTS of healthy, young, strong people dying from it.....then you can start to worry.

As to why the flu season seems to be not "in season" this year, I have a theory.....years ago when scientists first started noticing that our climate was starting to change, they said that as the earth gets warmer, more epidemics would happen. Well, we might just be seeing a natural shift in the flu season, as a result of climate change. That is entirely possible. It's just a theory of mine, but I could be way off.

I don't believe global warming is due to human activity ( I think it's due to natural cycles of the earth and the sun cycles) but it's obvious earth's climate has shifted somewhat.

Maybe as the climate changes, and our seasons change... the cold and flu seaons also change??? Will this mean they also get stronger? I don't know. But I guess time will tell.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by nikiano]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join