It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 isn't going to happen!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thousand of years ago people thought the world was going to end a few years from them. And today we still worry about it. The bible has lied to us many times on events that never happened. Also the earth is very young age of 4.55 billion years (plus or minus about 1%). 21012 is just another year followed by 2013. Like the bible says no one can predict the end of the world. Thus proving the Mayans false.

They knew that on the year 2012 on the 21 st of December that the sun will align in the center of our galaxy.
On that day the earth's polarity will shift Creating stress on the earths crust. nobody Knows the degree of devastation that will occur.
And all of this has been proven By science.
This phenomenon occurs every 26000 years, Mankind has never experienced this natural change....we haven't been here that long.
But we know it happened in the past many times over and earth is still here.

Almost every... "theory" on 2012 can be proved wrong.

If the Mayans were that smart to predict the end of the "world", than how come they got wiped out by Cortez? Hmm.. I guess they didnt predict him coming. The Mayans in the first place were obviously not trying to predict anything. They were just simply writing and calendar and died.

And for Nostradamus... well he's just full of Sh--. You're going to believe some random philosopher when some people don't believe in Jesus? I mean seriously, get over yourselves. Nostradamus was not a super hero. He did not have special powers. He was a regular Human being.

AND, most of these "2012" sites are selling equipment(knives, radios, gas masks, etc.) Why would you need this money if the earth is ending in 3 years? So you can hand it over to a tornado and maybe that tornado wont suck you up? OHH I know, the comet coming down on earth might be in debt and could use that extra cash! Yea!! DUHH.

Yup, and NASA denies the sun entering the middle of the Galaxy. They can also CLEARLY see that there wont be any "comet" heading for earth in the next 3 years.

So... in reality there are no possible ways for the earth to end in 2012. And if it does, it was the work of God, and He is taking those who deserve it to a better place, and leaving the murderers, and other bad people on Earth to burn in Hell.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I guarantee 2012 is going to happen, its the logical progression after dec. 31 2011. So there!! LOL

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

So wait. The bible has lied to us many times, but if the world does end in 2012, it's God taking his chosen away.

Are you reading what you type?

And there are PLENTY of ways that the world could potentially end in 2012; nukes, gamma ray burst, large solar flare, meteor, etc.

Also; how do you know what happened to the Mayan's calendar? Are you suggesting that because they couldn't fight off the conquistadors that they are unable to observe and record cosmic cycles?

I'm done with this thread. I've seen some pretty ignorant stuff on ATS, but the only thing that I've read MORE ridiculous than this was that one thread regarding how Buddhism is an evil conspiracy. That thread was crazy.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If the OP wasn't so mean spirited i might have given him some credit. he gave no facts to back up his point. Putting your head in the sand and saying "it isn't going to happen" doens't make you right.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

How do you get from "center of the galaxy" to polarity shift Why would one cause the other? Is there any science to back this up?

As far as I'm concerned, the Mayans gave an end date (as do all religions) because the human animal needs to define its boundries. It needs to have a begining and an end.
As for their intelligence, smart people, but they still sacraficed virgins (not so smart) so I'll still pay my mortgage, pay my bills, and expect January in 2013.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Actually THEY DID predict the arrival of the spanish, they said that white bearded gods would come across the seas, they predicted the date and got it right.

They also knew there was a black hole in the center of our galaxy.

How did they know that back then??

And you also say, "almost every theorey" So that means that there are theories which havent been proven hoaxes which invalidates your entire thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
"""""This phenomenon occurs every 26000 years, Mankind has never experienced this natural change....we haven't been here that long.
But we know it happened in the past many times over and earth is still here. """""""""""

Of course the Earth is still here, do you honestly think that continents shifting will destroy the entire earth??????!!!!!!

This Thread has got me fuming..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
They knew that on the year 2012 on the 21 st of December that the sun will align in the center of our galaxy.
On that day the earth's polarity will shift Creating stress on the earths crust. nobody Knows the degree of devastation that will occur.
This phenomenon occurs every 26000 years, Mankind has never experienced this natural change....we haven't been here that long.

So you say 2012 isn't going to happen but then go on to state that there will be a pole shift as if it were a fact? and if it were true what makes you so damn confident that this event won't have catastrophic consequences for mankind? "end of the world" doesn't necessary only mean that Earth will be obliterated.

If the Mayans were that smart to predict the end of the "world", than how come they got wiped out by Cortez? Hmm.. I guess they didnt predict him coming. The Mayans in the first place were obviously not trying to predict anything. They were just simply writing and calendar and died.

It could be because you can't look up at the heavens and see what your next door neighbour is doing.

Our calendar correlates to the Earth's orbit around the sun, I doubt the Mayan's made the long count calendar for the fun of it.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by mc1km]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Can someone here give me a scientific reason for this 2012?
Why didn't Nostradomus find this one out?

I've seen these posts before but never asked the question, how? Why? can anyone explain the math?

Consider me a newbie to this whole 2012 thing.

Give me facts, data, hopes, guesses. . .

I really am curious. Not snarky.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
We are no where near the galactic plane. We are heading away from it, we have been heading away from it for like 2 million years.

The 26000 years things is just the wobble of the earth on it's axis, and an alignment with the wobble, the sun and the center of the galaxy. It has nothing to do with our physical place in the galaxy. It's all about the wobble of the earth.

I think the real significance to this stuff is what men put on it. If there are "forces" that are in control and follow such time lines etc, then that is where you can get things happening because of the day. That kind of thing, I don't know about.

The most significant thing I've seen in regards to our position in the galaxy is that we are getting closer to the black hole now than at any point in our rotation around the galaxy. We are moving towards the black hole right now. Not directly towards it of course, but just closer in orbit. And still, extremely far away.

Bunch of information in this pdf.

www.astro.ncu.edu.tw...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by Remixtup

Before you say the Bible has lied many times maybe you should read it first. The Bible is full of prophecies that came to past and are coming to past as we speak. Your comment being such proof. You cannot skim through the Bible, or any other book that has been written for that matter, and then state that it is full of lies OR truths. If you were actually knowledgeable in the Bible and had taken the time to study and cross-reference then you would see that your statement is false. Just another thread blasting God or the Bible. And just so you know 2012 is not mentioned in the Bible.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
"And if it does, it was the work of God, and He is taking those who deserve it to a better place, and leaving the murderers, and other bad people on Earth to burn in Hell. "

A good example of dogma.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Well on 21/12/12 what actually happens is both the inner and outer universe align perfectly. With regards to polar flips well yes indeed they happen every 26,560 yrs-ish which means there is a time of instability as the earth adjusts it's rotation and alignment based on it's poles. The polar flip will mean that our North and South poles move to completely different places and it could be as extreme as the equator becoming the polar regions whilst the polar regions become the equator. Obviously this will lead to the sea rises as the permafrost as is now will melt causing sea levels to rise and also a magnificent release of locked gases. Will we survive? For the most part of course we will!

Yes it has happened many times and can be accounted for as a great deluge in historical allegorical writings.

Every scaremongering theory yes!!

The Mayans did not predict the end of the world. They predicted the end of a cycle. Those of a hippy inclination will tell you that when the universes align it is the start of the true age of Aqaurius. In any event the Mayans were master astronomers who could predict the movements of the night sky, not whether or not they would be successful in the hunt the next day or be killed etc.

And for Nostradamus... well he's just full of Sh--. You're going to believe some random philosopher when some people don't believe in Jesus? I mean seriously, get over yourselves. Nostradamus was not a super hero. He did not have special powers. He was a regular Human being.

Now you're beginning to irritate... most people read Nostradamus with interest NOT belief!! The way his writings were attempted to be manipulated following 9/11 show exactly how his writings have been manipulated over the years.

AND, most of these "2012" sites are selling equipment(knives, radios, gas masks, etc.) Why would you need this money if the earth is ending in 3 years? So you can hand it over to a tornado and maybe that tornado wont suck you up? OHH I know, the comet coming down on earth might be in debt and could use that extra cash! Yea!! DUHH.

Clearly scaremongering sites.

Yup, and NASA denies the sun entering the middle of the Galaxy. They can also CLEARLY see that there wont be any "comet" heading for earth in the next 3 years.

NASA - nuff said!

So... in reality there are no possible ways for the earth to end in 2012. And if it does, it was the work of God, and He is taking those who deserve it to a better place, and leaving the murderers, and other bad people on Earth to burn in Hell.

Well actually if we go back to the polar flip argument then potential for mass destruction does exist but not necessarily a wipeout!!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Belladonic Haze]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
lol at the OP for not showing back up..

who cares if '2012' will happen or not.. we need to get through this year alive..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Thousand of years ago people thought the world was going to end a few years from them. And today we still worry about it. The bible has lied to us many times on events that never happened. Also the earth is very young age of 4.55 billion years (plus or minus about 1%). 21012 is just another year followed by 2013. Like the bible says no one can predict the end of the world. Thus proving the Mayans false.

So you're saying that the bible lied to us, yet it's the reason why the Mayans are wrong? That's a little funny. Ohh and as far as you've been TOLD the Earth is only 4.55 Billion years old. Think about that..

What humans haven't been here for 26 thousand years? Last time I checked we've been here almost 200 thousand years.

Again, what you've been told and what happened are two very different things friend.

You believe what NASA says to you? Wow, you are more gullible than the 2012 folks then.

Look, saying with certainty that something won't happen is stupid. You don't know what will happen as I don't know what will happen. Let's all stop pretending we know what's going on and just wait and find out.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blind.face
lol at the OP for not showing back up..

who cares if '2012' will happen or not.. we need to get through this year alive..

I don't even think by the year ha ha... day by day!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I was in another forum and i remember having the same discussion in 1999.
Who here can predict what the next end date will be? im thinking 2021 will be said to be the next date.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Okay, the argument is all over the board and nothing was said in the original post. would you like to break that down a bit?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think it may be sarcasm as any date could be chosen by anyone as the end of the world and base it on something historical!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join