It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Space The Video That Shows The Real Reason We Invaded Iraq *Warning Graphic*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
My question IS WHAT would be the point of using spin in his book, as an example, to change his own way of thinking? it wouldn't be for book sales surely because at that time of print to think outside the box was frowned upon?

The same point as that of any book. To sell as many copies as possible. And the fact that it did indeed sell a lot of copies seems to indicate that thinking outside the box wasn't all that frowned upon.

I think that the "changing of his thinking" was simply a technique he used to add some sort of a "story" to a book that otherwise would have been just a collection of artworks and his interpretation of them. That's just my opinion, but if his opinion changed during the writing of the book, what would have been his original motivation to write it? To make a book about ancient artworks that didn't have anything to do with aliens? Pretty dry reading, that would be, and would probably not sell nearly as much.

(Also, as a side note, I realized that I mis-spoke when I said I read it when it came out. I read it first in '72 when I was 10. It came out in '68. Sorry about that.
)

But we're kinda drifting off of your original topic here. Although the ancient astronaut topic is a pretty good one, it's really nothing but speculation, as we will never really know what was on the minds of the original artists.

The same can be said about most everything in that video. Mere speculation, presented as fact, is usually a sign that someone's trying to hoodwink you. This guy doesn't even do a real good job of it, as he doesn't even try to back up anything he says.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
I also heard that there was an awful lot of thieving going on from the museums, etc, which were then being sold on the black market to private collectors. Remember, once these artifacts enter private collections they are gone for ever. . . If this is true then you would expect the army to move in and protect Iraq's antiquities wouldn't you?

Yes you would until you start to go a little deeper and find that many of the artifacts have turned up in the strangest of places all connected to a few men who we all know. Also speaking about artifacts what about cuniform tablets

Videos: The Missing Cuneiform Tablets/Sumerians/Contact /Carl Sagan/2012 and much more

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Well, who are these few men you talk about? And how do we know that they have these tablets? I hope its proper sources not some guy making empty claims. . .

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

Well, who are these few men you talk about? And how do we know that they have these tablets? I hope its proper sources not some guy making empty claims. . .

It would be silly of me to list all the sources only to be buried in amongst other posts and threads a quick search on google and its amazing what trail you can pick up.

Oh go on then.

U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs

Collections of cuneiform tablets and artefacts, in preparation

[edit on 2-7-2009 by franspeakfree]

[edit on 2-7-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
That video is pretty much worthless. It'a another in a long line that strings together scraps of theories, none of which have been proven, into a bigger theory which hasn't/can't be proven. It offers zero proof to back up any of it's claims, expecting the viewer to just accept it all.

Feel free to believe what you will, but I'm not losing any sleep over this one.

Any one know about the about the massive us embassy that was built and finally completed the other day..? 6 times the size of the UN complex, 80 footballs fields long, 1000 plus employees , 700 mil to build , 1bill just to run the thing a year.. the strange thing is that i actually conjured this idea up in my head a few days ago where i thought the reason they built it was to keep people in and then all of the sudden the alien idea popped in my head and 3 days later i am reading about it .. strange eh?

largest us embassy in the world

PEACE LOVE LIGHT

[edit on 2-7-2009 by InterconnecteD]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
How can you believe anything on this video when they say that radio and tv signals reach Saturn within 11 days try 1.5 hours!
If THEY cant even get a simple fact like that correct well...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Thanks for posting those two links but I fail to see there importance. What I expected to find was a long list of influential American and British who had somehow got their greedy little mits on these relics but all I found was a long list of museums and libraries from different countries. I'm lost again. This is what museums do- they collect and display antiquities from around the world. . .
How do we tie this in with some nut job saying that American GIs were beheading Iraqi's because they carried some alien bloodline?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

All I can say to this is if TPTB want these aliens extinguished, then your opinion that they're here to invade us is totally misdirected, what TPTB want is to keep their cushy little lifestyle while keeping the public stupid to truth and how bad TPTB are ruining this planet and our freedoms! The Aliens that are here, If in fact they do exist, are probably here to help us not harm us, and that is a great threat to TPTB who would destroy us with lies and propeganda!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have been lurking for about 2 years on this site and rarely post.My question to all of you is this.Why do you waste your time trying to get the skeptics to believe you?We all know that ufo"s are real..etc..
why do you waste your"e time arguing with people who are obviousely not going to open their mind and think for themselves.And to the skeptics..Why are you even here?Youv"e already made it clear that the things that are said here are bologna.I'm tired of hearing these people.Where can we go to talk about and figure out what we can do to start a change in the govt.I mean when you hear an astronaut say "we have the alien craft insight" i dont think you can get more clear than that.so lets get rid of the people who constantly try and start arguments and will never be able to open their heads, be it their parents,religion,anger ,etc.that makes them retarted to the truth and focus on the core issues.I am so tired of trying to convince people..It doesnt matter

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Doesnt anyone find the video ummm.... slightly hypnotic?

I have not watched the whole lot of this but the womans voice is certainly similar to hypnotic videos. The video is also very suggestive, brainwashingly suggestive.

Edit to add: Watched it now, I did find this video slightly brainwashing all the way through it.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm sorry for commenting before I've delved deeper into the OP (following links and whatnot) but I was bursting at the seems when I read this.

I've been reading the Dulce Book and every time I read it I think, "Does the Iraq war have something to do with this? What could the connection be if so." And I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. The closest I could come is thinking about the Sumerian/Babylonian connection.

(I should say that I'm really on the fence about this whole reptilian aliens thing. I really don't know what to think about it. It just seems so surreal. But then again, I don't know why little grey aliens with huge black eyes, huge heads and teeny bodies seems more plausible to me
)

Thanks a bunch for trying to connect the dots!!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sooo, Anti-christ US President is slaughtering Gods offspring,.

'This event is unavoidable, and cant be stopped' ...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Connection is the bible my friend.
Those beings in the bible are the anunnaki.
Why is it that the bible say that he sahll come again. ?

i'm thinging an 2148 year orbit !!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
if you listen to the sceptics on this thread, this is the exact reason we as a species will be left in the dark. we listen to our leadership with open ears, and anyone else with pessimism. cannot believe how closed minded people are, give me facts, facts , facts but beleive everything that you where told as a youth, such as the toothfairy, santa clause,

nice post i took a few good ideas out of the movie, thanks for your time!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
if you listen to the sceptics on this thread, this is the exact reason we as a species will be left in the dark. we listen to our leadership with open ears, and anyone else with pessimism. cannot believe how closed minded people are, give me facts, facts , facts but beleive everything that you where told as a youth, such as the toothfairy, santa clause,

nice post i took a few good ideas out of the movie, thanks for your time!

You said it. These claims belong in the same catagory as the tooth fairy and father christmas. You can't go through life simply accepting everything you are being told without there being some sort of evidence to back up those claims. Closed minds can be opened with facts and proof. . . empty minds will absorb any old rot as long as it fits their shuttered view of the world and fits their particular bias and interests.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
I have been lurking for about 2 years on this site and rarely post.My question to all of you is this.Why do you waste your time trying to get the skeptics to believe you?We all know that ufo"s are real..etc..
why do you waste your"e time arguing with people who are obviousely not going to open their mind and think for themselves.And to the skeptics..Why are you even here?Youv"e already made it clear that the things that are said here are bologna.I'm tired of hearing these people.Where can we go to talk about and figure out what we can do to start a change in the govt.I mean when you hear an astronaut say "we have the alien craft insight" i dont think you can get more clear than that.so lets get rid of the people who constantly try and start arguments and will never be able to open their heads, be it their parents,religion,anger ,etc.that makes them retarted to the truth and focus on the core issues.I am so tired of trying to convince people..It doesnt matter

I completely agree with you.

But I think this thread is more for those who are interested in other theories or completely believe. Of course, there's going to be others who come into the thread and think it's utter nonsense and will try to make others look ridiculous for believing such "absurd claims".

I do have a message for the believers also: Don't let the skeptics get to you so much. Approach with a calm manner. There's no reason to MAKE them believe these things. They will believe what they want and you will believe what you want and as long as no one is doing things in regards to those beliefs that "step on your toes", who cares if they don't buy it?

And to the skeptics: No one is forcing this down your throat. You don't have to be so hot headed about it. If you want more proof just ask for it without being condescending or appalled at the very notion someone would think such a thing. No one made you come look at this stuff and there was a warning as to the graphic nature of the video.

If this is all a bunch of baloney then it doesn't effect you whatsoever. There's no consequence to be had by people believing this stuff. However, there is consequences to be had if we are being duped by the government in order to perpetuate some sort of twisted agenda involving ancient beliefs and extraterrestrial visitors. But, once again, whether you believe it or not, we're already paying a price regardless if you believe this is for freedom, oil, religion, or having to do with alien bloodlines. It doesn't matter, it's already happening.

Either move along and go about having discussions in other threads that don't challenge the nature of your reality or approach the topic with a cool head. I think ridicule isn't really going to get you anywhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

You want to talk about Troops being brainwashed... I think you are brainwashed. 1.5 Million Iraqis have not been killed, US Soldiers DO NOT cut the heads off of POWs. The may take naked pictures of them but THEY DO NOT CUT THE HEADS OF THE ENEMY OFF.

Mmmm call me sick but I've found a few videos of american soldiers literally doing just this. They may be dubbed with other voices but I've seen at least two. I'm not going to post links because these are some of the worst videos the internet has to offer.

EDIT: Come to think of it one of them wasn't a soldier at all... it was someone dressed all in black. Maybe my memory of them being soldiers is warped... easy to happen when exposing yourself to this material.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The bulldozing of an ancient Babylonian site, to make way for a U.S. firebase did happen, however more than likely it wasn't becasue "Dubya" thought it had anything to do with alien bloodlines. More than likely it was because during the invasion and occupation his "religious" advisor was Pat Robertson who was convinced Saddam was trying to reconstruct the Tower of Babylon in that area in order to bring about Armageddon. I have seen numerous sermons in passing by Robertson in the days leading up to and after the fact about the ancient Babylonian site. Probably convinced "Dubya" to make sure it could never be rebuilt.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Mmmkay, speaking as a OIF I vet who was around the area at that time and had the opportunity to see some of these sites, I can tell you first hand that the museum was HEAVILY guarded, and not even MP's without proper clearance had authorization in there. Plus, there were some strange things at the Ur ruins remniscient of the "reptilian-human" spoken about. Or maybe my imagination was overactive, afterall, few of those bulidings and statues were even intact. Not that this means diddley, but while over there, I had a strange dream about reptile looking people dressed in what looked like royal garb from back in Roman times, the female looking ones had no hair but they wore elaborate jewelery...they were just walking up the stairs to this palace in my dream, three female "things" and two males who appeared to be guards. Probably I just ate too many MRE's before I hit the cot...but who knows? Sorry I can't be of more assistance, I only have pictures of Saddam's personal zoo and a few of the horses, BIAP, Uday's personal "pleasure palace", various other palaces like the four headed palace....and likely things you don't want to see.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I've seen this video before.

Entertaining, cool.

But I don't believe a goddamn word of it.

Still, good work putting together the argument in distilled form.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join