It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infestation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Rama, I've been pondering long and hard about your quag.

This whole dilemma reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. The Squirrels = Flying Monkeys
and you have your choice among Dorothy, Scarecrow and Tinman.

BTW, as others mentioned I love your style "Brevity is the soul of wit."

I have "Friended" you.

Good Luck and alert us of any updates.

I look forward to future posts.

Kind Regards...KK

[edit on 16-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thankyou, I appreciate your contributions for the cause and have done the same for you. Oh and, I will.
I am of course still open to ideas from anyone. Plus, as I said before, the cats are also absent: and their owners don't know where they have gotten to either.

Ramadwarf on peace making

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Squirrel Sighting! (In an unfortunate circumstance...)

Considering the amount of Squirrels that I described seeing prior, this will seem a bit weak: I just saw one! To tell you the truth it looked extremely fragile; it's little body was all skinny and it seemed unable to do anything but crawl along the ground. As I watched it it slipped through a metal grate thing to this 'open basement' thing at the base of a tower block.

I am currently wondering whether that is somewhere that they go regularly or whether the little guy just wanted to get away from my advancing frame. At any rate that area is full of skips and bins so we'll see.

As one always says, "Where there's one there's more!". This could be the breakthrough that I have been waiting for so impatiently from four in the morning to ten at night (well, obviously I'm not watching the garden for all that time).

I am hoping that (if this dreadful weather holds up) the little things'll be wrecking my garden veeeeery soon so that I can get it up on here for you all! I got so excited when I saw it crawling along that I started talking to it and all that. "Where 'av ya bin mate? Ooh this is sweet!".
I was bounding after the little thing and it was taking about ten seconds to traverse the width of each paving stone! So really I was bounding on the spot!

You see I don't know whether its weakness was a sign of death or whether it just couldn't be bothered to move but- nevertheless -it was there! Breakthrough? Or will they break their backs on those paving cracks? We shall see.

Ramadwarf on being exceptionally happy

Oh and it was an unfortunate circumstance because I didn't have my laptop with me to film it.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
Oh and it was an unfortunate circumstance because I didn't have my laptop with me to film it.

So you are gonna use the web cam on your laptop to capture footage?

According to this site, your squirrels may be bored and hence mischievous:
www.squirrelchairs.com...

I will even throw in two corn cobs for FREE!

Useful link with discussion on Squirrel's memory:
(Apparently they have a hard time remembering where they buried their nuts. Could prove to be useful for sabotage.)

msgboard.snopes.com.../ubb/get_topic/f/24/t/001503.html

Sorry, I couldn't stay away.......KK

[edit on 17-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Cute picture KindaKurious, and, in answer to your question, yes: The plan is to use the laptop camera thing.
Of course since yesterday the weather has gone back to being all stormy and rainy again. This does not fill Ramadwarf with hope.

Ramadwarf on nature and its mercilessness

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sorry, my above link was "malformed"

Squirrel Nut Burial Discussion

"Ramadwarf on nature and its mercilessness" = Pure Comedy Gold

Regards.....KK

[edit on 17-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, I hope that I can catch a squirrel in the act of burying its nuts; then I can put a bin over the spot or something and the little guy won't know what the hell's going down!

Ooh that's going to be sweet (but uh, I can't really see it happening like that. Unless it's in a dream of course!) On that note a squirrel turned up in a dream the other night: I was eating bricks with this dwarf and one ran past with a bow and arrow.

Ramadwarf on nut fiddling

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Check out this thread about patriotic squirrels.

I think you may need to be a little more cautious than you first anticipated. I mean if they can do that, what aren't they capable of?

You could put some old clothes out for them at least. You never know.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Talking of leaving clothes out for them I have something that clashes: My Nan's neighbour said that a Squirrel jumped on her washing line, chewed through it and then ran off with a sock caught on it. Of course I've been roped into helping put it back up but it's strange.

I don't want to link their Squirrels to mine because of the distance between our places of dwelling so I'm counting on that being a freak incidence. Thankyou for the link by the way- I'm guessing that it's on Below Top Secret? You know I didn't realise that you've got to make a new account to do anything on there (Well, I hope you do otherwise I'll look the fool).

Ramadwarf on Clothes Lines

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

No fools around here that I see

I didn't know about BTS either until my thread was moved there. Still it took me a while to figure out all I had to do was log in with the same info as ATS.

Now, if I'm wrong, don't tell anyone I told you so. K?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Ok, I won't. I tried to do that though (earlier) and it wouldn't take it. Guh, but uh, as a quick update the uh rain isn't letting up and I'm getting quite irate about it.

Ramadwarf on Rama.D Filofax

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hmm it's been a while hasn't it! Well, I think that the ol' boys might be coming back cause I had three of them in the garden today (of course, after however long it's been, I got so excited by their presence and made too much noise as I grabbed the laptop and stuff, but I did get the camera on them in time, just that it didn't take the picture until I turned it round to see whether I got them in or not and it took a shot of my face...

Still I think we've got Rats now which isn't good at all. And my sideburns were a bed for some moths the other night... Guh... But I reckon I'm still on course for that proof I said I'd get and I ain't gonna forget it neither! It's just the way they disappeared when I made their presence known to the world that gets me
. Maybe I should have taken the photo before I made the thread or something, but I'm still aware that I made a promise and every day I've been at that back door watching for two hours in the morning. Well, sometimes one...

Ramadwarf on an absence of squirrels leading to an adundance of rats and no joy for the thread

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well I for one believe you. I know you are a man of your word (both nouns and verbs) and principle. Heck, you are one of my few "friends" as evidenced by the soothing green bar that appears over your posts reminding me so.

BTW, I often reflect on the good times we had discussing your quagmire. I laughed, I cried, it changed my life.

I got a happy feeling when this thread popped up in my favs list. Glad you are OK. I will anxiously await evidence until the cows come home.

Regards..KK

[edit on 2-10-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
weird, hadn't seen one in ages but i saw a squirrel this morning, i thought of this thread and here today are new posts, crazy stuff.

the squirrels should be settling down for the winter shortly. you might have a few around the next few days.

rats is not good.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

This is brilliant, the highlight of my summer on ATS is back from the past!

Did the squirrel problem get fixed?

XXXN3O on summer and TSTB

Edit: I see its now rats OMG!

XXXN3O on rats, God and Editing

[edit on 2-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Thanks KK
I know I don't have so much time to get it now as winter's rolling in, but I've been trying my damndest and I ain't about to stop yet! Still, if all else fails, I could get some Rat footage
although I've hardly seen any, they're there and in numbers unpredictable...

Ramadwarf on Kinda Kurious, the constant absence of Squirrels and the growing threat of rats

PS: I hope it changed your life for the better

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I hope a few come out and play when I'm ready for them so I can finally get the photographic evidence I've been longing for for the last three or four months
And no, Rats are NOT good! I'd rather be shaking at the window thinking about the Squirrels were going to isolate us for the attack than have rats around the place.

Ramadwarf on desperation and them trees

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Good times eh? Well, mine were slightly over shadowed by my problem, but it was still fun
Well, the squirrel problem didn't really get fixed, in fact I don't know what to say! They disappeared and now they seem to be massing again, and yes the problem seems to be growing into the Rat area of vermin.
Hehehe
We'll get em, I don't mind the killing of Rats, well I do, but not if someone else does it

Ramadwarf on the mysteries of the problem...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
reply to post by XXXN3O

Good times eh? Well, mine were slightly over shadowed by my problem, but it was still fun
Well, the squirrel problem didn't really get fixed, in fact I don't know what to say! They disappeared and now they seem to be massing again, and yes the problem seems to be growing into the Rat area of vermin.
Hehehe
We'll get em, I don't mind the killing of Rats, well I do, but not if someone else does it

Ramadwarf on the mysteries of the problem...

I am fortunate to never have this problem with rats as of yet.

At least the rats arent freaking you out as much as the squirrels.

The signature/commentary thing you do is genius by the way.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OK Rama, so now we are dealing in rats. No worries. If I can quote myself without being accused of self-flagellation (whips aaside, of course)
I had offered this advice in my very first post of this thread on pg 4.

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Step 7: Do not be lulled into thinking these are cute, cuddly creatures. Remember a Squirrel is just a common domesticated rat in a little fur suit.

So not much new to offer for advice until you can cough up some photographic evidence or tissue samples so that I might ascertain some skeletal clues as to the genetic makeup of these diminutive distractions.

Squirrels, rats, mice, elephants (just checking to see if anyone is actually paying attention) they're all the same varments.

Domo arigato...KK.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join