It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infestation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hello people, I have decided to post you some information on something that is, at this present moment in time, terrifying me.

Over the last few months I have noticed a large increase in the amount of Squirrels we have around our estate. Now, I know what you might be doing and please, bear with me here. Since December last year the Squirrel population seems to have increased ten fold. I know that they are cute and, at the beginning, it was quite good to see all of these little guys running around. Now it is not good. I, and a couple of other people have noticed that they are getting a bit, um, violent. You know, moree aggressive than they ought to be. We're all running a bit scared around here and the local council has said it will be dealt with, but they aren't actually doing anything and they won't unless the problem spreads inside our homes. Incidentally one of my neighbours had some nesting in their loft, but of course after that was dealt with (a week and a half later after she called) nothing else was done for the rest of us,

We're wondering about taking the matter into our own hands but I'm the only one with something against that: I don't think I could handle hurting something so small and fluffy. I mean I'm over six foot tall but still, there are gentle giants.

Does anyone have anything that they would like to share, you know, to help out with this problem? I will take any comments on board.

Ramadwarf on terror

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Do you realise how funny this is ? ....I mean you cant honestly be afraid of the squirrels, can you ?

Unless of course we're talking about THESE squirrels....

or possibly These ?

or... what about These

In which case you're pretty screwed... otherwise I would just relax and let them get on with their nuthunting.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
when you say they're getting violent, do you mean they're attacking the cat or you?

actually, a cat's probably your solution. the increase is probably due to a lack of predators, buy a cat, that'll scare them. if the cat doesn't hunt them, stop feeding him.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Squirrels taste like baby lamb.

Kill them and start eating them.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
when you say they're getting violent, do you mean they're attacking the cat or you?

actually, a cat's probably your solution. the increase is probably due to a lack of predators, buy a cat, that'll scare them. if the cat doesn't hunt them, stop feeding him.

A cat ? .... wouldn't you rather have gone with a dog for that sorta job ? - I mean some cats really just dont care for being predatory. I do still think this is funny, it conjurs up images of these evil little ninja squirrels terrorizing old ladies and women with babies, it's worse too because they're organised and they seem to have a goal that they're working towards. At night they all convene around the sacred acorn and have disgusting orgies to spawn more to their cause, which is, as yet still unknown....

What we dont know is what level of expertise they have in the ways of the force, and who is training these little miscreants! ?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
A cat ? .... wouldn't you rather have gone with a dog for that sorta job ? - I mean some cats really just dont care for being predatory.

a dog doesn't climb trees very well. cats are better for moving squirrels. cats will be predatory as long as they're hungry, if you reduce the amount of food you give it, it'll hunt. i wouldn't stop feeding it though, they'll just leave altogether if they aren't being fed.

i must admit, the thread didn't immediately bring the image of ninja squirrels to mind but now you've said it, it won't go away

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
They are getting more violent because they have increased competition due to increased population for resources.

People think they are cute, but to me they are just rats with bushy tails.

Oh and LAWLZ.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by mortalengine
A cat ? .... wouldn't you rather have gone with a dog for that sorta job ? - I mean some cats really just dont care for being predatory.

a dog doesn't climb trees very well. cats are better for moving squirrels. cats will be predatory as long as they're hungry, if you reduce the amount of food you give it, it'll hunt. i wouldn't stop feeding it though, they'll just leave altogether if they aren't being fed.

i must admit, the thread didn't immediately bring the image of ninja squirrels to mind but now you've said it, it won't go away

And neither will they, MwuAha. MWuahahaa.... Mwuah ha haaa

Sorry OP, it's a takeover - and you're just in their way. You're going to have to move to Mexico and change your name, because it goes without saying that you're dealing with professionals here. You might want to start sleeping with a good slipper at hand, incase they pull a midnight sneak attack furry kick manouvre...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Well, that's interesting, because for the last couple of months I had mentioned numerous times in another forum about the absence of squirrels around here. Hadn't seen a single one until yesterday, and it was just ONE. Normally this time of year, they are all over the place, but not this year.

Of course, there were almost no acorns around here last year, due to the weather. There were lots of reports of oaks not producing any acorns in many locations around the USA last fall. There were lots of reports of starving squirrels last year because of this absence of acorns too. So, maybe the squirrels have migrated.

You can google a lot of information about this. I was reading up on this last year when I noticed almost no acorns last fall around here.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Cats also kill things for the heck of it. That or kill things to bring to their owners as presents. Mine brings half lizards to me every week, but she still likes her meow mix, even asks for it by name. Ninja squirrels are no match for pirate cats.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Well, that's interesting, because for the last couple of months I had mentioned numerous times in another forum about the absence of squirrels around here. Hadn't seen a single one until yesterday, and it was just ONE. Normally this time of year, they are all over the place, but not this year.

Of course, there were almost no acorns around here last year, due to the weather. There were lots of reports of oaks not producing any acorns in many locations around the USA last fall. There were lots of reports of starving squirrels last year because of this absence of acorns too. So, maybe the squirrels have migrated.

You can google a lot of information about this. I was reading up on this last year when I noticed almost no acorns last fall around here.

Isn't it obvious what is going on here people ? Clearly the squirrels are all congregating at the OP's house for the aformentioned mission they're carrying out. They took the acorns with them and they're hiding them in underground bases that they've been building, in secret, for the past 20 years.

I've tried to tell people about this but nobody would listen, and now look - who's the crazy one now huh ?? HUH ?!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

You better watch out....

On a more serious note I hope this link below helps.

www.getridofthings.com...

[edit on 2-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thanks for your constructive comments Mortalengine. I can see, after reading your messages, that our situation here may, to someone away from the danger, seem funny. All of the OP's are safe in the home across the estate. I am barely twenty.

I uh, well, ok look: You may well be right to mock, but seriously I think that there is only a limited amount of time before they come. We have TREES on the roadside and TREES can 'fall' down. If they do the squirrels will have us isolated. They're big trees too. I'm being serious with this you know, if they 'fall' it'll be hell.

Oh, thankyou XXXN30, the link was inciteful.

Ramadwarf on the impending doom

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Around here, I've only seen one squirrel all spring long. It climbed the Shepherd Hook Post that has a bird feeder on one side and a hummingbird feeder on the other. The squirrel stocked up on seeds and left, nevertobeseen again!! I should mention that we have at least six cats in roaming the neighborhood.

All of the birds have been acting rather violent lately too. Sparrows and pidgeons fighting for turf, then the blackbirds come around and they all start chirping frantically at each other. Its strange the way the animals have been behaving. Oh, one more thing. The rabbits are MIA too!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
We have TREES on the roadside and TREES can 'fall' down. If they do the squirrels will have us isolated. They're big trees too. I'm being serious with this you know, if they 'fall' it'll be hell.

really now, come on, are you really serious, you think there is actually a plot by the squirrels?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hey, I tell you what: I wasn't going to share this story because it might not show me in a very good light; but, here we go.

In May I found myself alone at home, watching the television. Suddenly I saw this squirrel studying the open back door; sinisterly I might add. I picked up the nearest shoe and threw it at the thing but, unfortunately, it landed on the little fellows tail; causing him to leap inside in a frenzy. I ran out of the room and up the stairs for a box of some kind. When I re-entered the living room there was nothing but silence, so I stooped, holding the box in front of me. I saw the Squirrel under the seti so I put the box down in front of it, hoping that it would enter it. Instead it jumped on top of it and jumped on me, ripping my shirt a little bit, before leaving.

Now to me that just shows what's going on.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h a i laughed til I cried, made my day thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I don't know what's going on but they had me a few times. Not just me but a few of us. They're almost always in the trees and I've seen branches lying on the dirt around the trees. Something's going on. I mean 'm not crazy or anything but it affects you when a Squirrel does you in in the street.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by scared angel

No, you're not supposed to be laughing. I can see why you are laughing but come on, this is happening!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

well, if you're that worried, maybe you shouldn't throw shoes at them, i mean a squirrel being hit with a shoe is fairly close to a person being hit with a tree.

you did start it, you can't expect them to just sit back and take it.

you should make a peace offering to the little guys, leave out some nuts for them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join